* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

I need you all to do me a favor - run to this week's Hear That Podcast Growlin' (Dehner and Morrison's Pod - available on all the usual platforms) - just dropped today - it's all good but fast forward to the 38 minute 38 second part for Dehner's discussion with Brody Miller who covers LSU for the Athletic and listen to that 20 minute talk - just so I can discuss with you the Burrow story he dropped in there that he hasn't related anywhere before apparently. First I had heard it anyway and I have heard most Burrow nuggets in the last six months...story was 1. hilarious and 2. another pretty damn interesting window into what sets Burrow apart IMO...

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Anyone that watched the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of the 2019 LSU-Ole Miss game would say, “Yes, you (LSU defense) are that bad.”

They had some injuries in that game.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I need you all to do me a favor - run to this week's Hear That Podcast Growlin' (Dehner and Morrison's Pod - available on all the usual platforms) - just dropped today - it's all good but fast forward to the 38 minute 38 second part for Dehner's discussion with Brody Miller who covers LSU for the Athletic and listen to that 20 minute talk - just so I can discuss with you the Burrow story he dropped in there that he hasn't related anywhere before apparently. First I had heard it anyway and I have heard most Burrow nuggets in the last six months...story was 1. hilarious and 2. another pretty damn interesting window into what sets Burrow apart IMO...

I just listened to it, pretty funny stuff. I agree that it is cool to get an idea about how competitive Joe is and how important winning is to him. Really good listen though, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

I just listened to it, pretty funny stuff. I agree that it is cool to get an idea about how competitive Joe is and how important winning is to him. Really good listen though, thanks.

also, the note from Brody on Georgia having the LSU offensive playbook through a mishap was something I did not know. That's...unreal. Burrow and LSU carved Georgia's top ranked D up AND Georgia knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it? That's insane. 

7 minutes ago, Griever said:

And the Dolphins owner drools even  more...

Cant wait for their Final offer come draft day..

22 minutes ago, membengal said:

also, the note from Brody on Georgia having the LSU offensive playbook through a mishap was something I did not know. That's...unreal. Burrow and LSU carved Georgia's top ranked D up AND Georgia knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it? That's insane. 

Me neither, and there is something to be said about a QB who can go off-script and make plays like he did. Incredible, to think this is the face of our franchise in a couple days, damn.

Just now, spicoli said:

And all it took was the Apocalypse to usher it in..

That does track though. It has always felt like it would take something world-ending to break the curse. Trick now is to get the world not to end so we can see this play out...

24 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

And the Dolphins owner drools even  more...

Cant wait for their Final offer come draft day..

It could be a treasure trove no doubt. I was listening to Adam Schefter's podcast earlier today (might have been recorded a few days ago though), Zac was one of the guests and he reiterated again that all these teams are pretty much just validating how great of a pick Joe is, it was a pretty good listen. Burrow was also a guest on there and it was a typical interview for the most part. They did talk a little about that Lowe's commercial thing that Burrow did and that was pretty cool.

14 hours ago, Cricket said:

Anyone that watched the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters of the 2019 LSU-Ole Miss game would say, “Yes, you (LSU defense) are that bad.”

I know.. it's nuts..

it's a good thing they had the best QB in the country to bail them out every week 

As someone who has been standing on a box for Burrow since mid-October, this is all just so very satisfying. Can't believe we finally got here. I am still getting over how bad we almost fucked it up in the 4th quarter in week 16. Giddy up. 

51 minutes ago, membengal said:

As someone who has been standing on a box for Burrow since mid-October, this is all just so very satisfying. Can't believe we finally got here. I am still getting over how bad we almost fucked it up in the 4th quarter in week 16. Giddy up. 

Yup, and Dolphins fans can't believe they are crappy at tanking and that Tua got hurt..lol

Archived