* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

4 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I am excited too..

I hope he just comes in and is great off the get go.. 

If you want that then give him an oline 

that will let him shineout..

Our right side sucks...add Thuney and Isaiah and let's get the party started!!!

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Notice you dont see him hit it again???

I never ever acquired the taste for cigars.  I have friends who smoke really expensive ones but they all taste like ass to me and I can taste the damn things for 3 days.  Don't get me wrong, smoked and dipped for 35 years until I stopped about 5 years ago but never was a cigar guy. 

29 minutes ago, Gary said:

Hey Bengal fans. If Jefferson (LSU) was available with our second pick would you go that route? 

I like Jefferson but his skill set is almost identical to Boyd's. I think if we go WR it would be more of an outside guy.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Hey Bengal fans. If Jefferson (LSU) was available with our second pick would you go that route? 

I do think Jefferson can play more than slot,but I'd rather have Mims or Reagor. I REALLY think we need to go WR in round two.It may be a deep WR class,but I've done a zillion mocks using many different big boards and almost always the guys that grade as a future number 1 are gone after round 2. The Bengals only have Boyd and Tate under contract for 2021,and who know if Green or Ross will be here after this season?The Bengals HAVE to get one WR,and two would be better. Trading back in round 2 and getting a WR and more picks would be great.

I am stoked!  The REAL #9.   

-Leadership

-Burning desire to win

-Can win in the spotlight/big games

-wins over his teammates 

-not satisfied with good enough 

Most of all..He wins Championships....

We need a Lombardi Trophy.  BAD.

HAPPY BURROW DAY Fellas.   He is ours!

In my view Joe Burrow is the most impressive college QB I have ever seen. He has the vision of Brady, pocket awareness of Rodgers, schematics of Peyton, swagger of Namath, confidence of Favre, touch of Kurt Warner, and drive to win of Michael Jordan. The guy is an absolute once in a generation stud as an overall QB. Clutch. Intelligence. Poise. A winner on every level. And there is no AMOUNT of picks the Bengals should take to trade away his rights. Not for 5 Miami first round picks even!

He proves that when it comes to quarterback it is less about hand size and fast ball speed and more about your understanding of the game and being a leader of a team. He has the "it" you can't quantify. You can see the fire in his eyes where he always thinks he can win. That's not something you can teach, or give someone. 

Best college season of all time. Multi-sport athlete with sneaky speed. A natural leader. Charismatic. Very high wonderlic. Masters Degree. Overcame adversity. And a made in Disney biography where Mr. Ohio slays the undefeated golden boy 'Sunshine' to give him his only loss ever and then returns home to the place that denied him glory (Ohio State) to win the Bengals their first Super Bowl. You can not write this movie script. 

I know I'm a cynical bastard but I've seen too many Next Great Things crash & burn in the NFL.   Also not convinced the team will do enough to let him reach that potential.

That being said, the pick is a no-brainer and any Bengals fan should be thrilled to get this guy.  

What worries me is this prevailing attitude that he will magically fix everything and is the final piece of the puzzle rather than another step on a long road to recovery.

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

In my view Joe Burrow is the most impressive college QB I have ever seen. He has the vision of Brady, pocket awareness of Rodgers, schematics of Peyton, swagger of Namath, confidence of Favre, touch of Kurt Warner, and drive to win of Michael Jordan. The guy is an absolute once in a generation stud as an overall QB. Clutch. Intelligence. Poise. A winner on every level. And there is no AMOUNT of picks the Bengals should take to trade away his rights. Not for 5 Miami first round picks even!

He proves that when it comes to quarterback it is less about hand size and fast ball speed and more about your understanding of the game and being a leader of a team. He has the "it" you can't quantify. You can see the fire in his eyes where he always thinks he can win. That's not something you can teach, or give someone. 

Best college season of all time. Multi-sport athlete with sneaky speed. A natural leader. Charismatic. Very high wonderlic. Masters Degree. Overcame adversity. And a made in Disney biography where Mr. Ohio slays the undefeated golden boy 'Sunshine' to give him his only loss ever and then returns home to the place that denied him glory (Ohio State) to win the Bengals their first Super Bowl. You can not write this movie script. 

what he said!!

Archived