Jump to content

Catfish Bob

* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

Recommended Posts

I’ve been advocating for him since late October and my original plan pre-covid I would have literally been in the air to Vegas right now to be there at the draft in person to see it, so...pretty damn excited, yeah.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I like Jefferson but his skill set is almost identical to Boyd's. I think if we go WR it would be more of an outside guy.

This seems to be the case as many draft sites have noted Jefferson will be best in the slot. Having said that, one wonders if the team will lean towards another LSU player or two in the draft to help with the Burrow transition? But it may be the guard later in the draft or Moss later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Griever said:

Agreed dude, this could be the chance of a lifetime. You still have that asshole Florio over on profootball talk saying that there could STILL be a chance we trade. Yeah right.

Fuck Florio, he's already starting to feel the pain of Burrow and the Bengals stomping the Stealers asses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gary said:

Hey Bengal fans. If Jefferson (LSU) was available with our second pick would you go that route? 

NO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sox said:

I do think Jefferson can play more than slot,but I'd rather have Mims or Reagor. I REALLY think we need to go WR in round two.It may be a deep WR class,but I've done a zillion mocks using many different big boards and almost always the guys that grade as a future number 1 are gone after round 2. The Bengals only have Boyd and Tate under contract for 2021,and who know if Green or Ross will be here after this season?The Bengals HAVE to get one WR,and two would be better. Trading back in round 2 and getting a WR and more picks would be great.

Have you considered the "what if" of your scenario...as in what if they resign AJ, which is very realistic and what if Ross has an improved season and they decide on a new pact with him? In that case we would have AJ, Ross, and Boyd as our 3 deep starters then Tate and your highly rated 2nd rounder filling sub roles. I think this most valuable pick can and SHOULD be better utilized by a selection for a position of more need...as in OL or yes, even a LB. We're getting a QB tonight who may end up being the best we've ever had and you're telling me your satisfied with the current offensive line's makeup to protect this kid? It just seems foolhardy to me to assume we can fill these important roles later in the draft, while we take a luxury pick of a receiver in the 2nd round. I want to keep Burrow as clean as possible and invest in protecting him all we can and we're a helluva long ways away from being there, from what I can see! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually a bit worried because I'm gonna have to visit the hospital about this erection that has lasted much longer than 4 hours, during a pandemic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

In my view Joe Burrow is the most impressive college QB I have ever seen. He has the vision of Brady, pocket awareness of Rodgers, schematics of Peyton, swagger of Namath, confidence of Favre, touch of Kurt Warner, and drive to win of Michael Jordan. The guy is an absolute once in a generation stud as an overall QB. Clutch. Intelligence. Poise. A winner on every level. And there is no AMOUNT of picks the Bengals should take to trade away his rights. Not for 5 Miami first round picks even!

 

He proves that when it comes to quarterback it is less about hand size and fast ball speed and more about your understanding of the game and being a leader of a team. He has the "it" you can't quantify. You can see the fire in his eyes where he always thinks he can win. That's not something you can teach, or give someone. 

Best college season of all time. Multi-sport athlete with sneaky speed. A natural leader. Charismatic. Very high wonderlic. Masters Degree. Overcame adversity. And a made in Disney biography where Mr. Ohio slays the undefeated golden boy 'Sunshine' to give him his only loss ever and then returns home to the place that denied him glory (Ohio State) to win the Bengals their first Super Bowl. You can not write this movie script. 

Sound like there needs to be an update tot the Whodeyan Prophecy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The added bonus, From everything I have read and seen, the young man is not an ass. He gets it that you can strive to be the best, but maintain some class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Have you considered the "what if" of your scenario...as in what if they resign AJ, which is very realistic and what if Ross has an improved season and they decide on a new pact with him? In that case we would have AJ, Ross, and Boyd as our 3 deep starters then Tate and your highly rated 2nd rounder filling sub roles. I think this most valuable pick can and SHOULD be better utilized by a selection for a position of more need...as in OL or yes, even a LB. We're getting a QB tonight who may end up being the best we've ever had and you're telling me your satisfied with the current offensive line's makeup to protect this kid? It just seems foolhardy to me to assume we can fill these important roles later in the draft, while we take a luxury pick of a receiver in the 2nd round. I want to keep Burrow as clean as possible and invest in protecting him all we can and we're a helluva long ways away from being there, from what I can see! 

You can't live in what if. AJ Green is 31 years old and Ross appears to in fact be a bust. WR is a need. The kid needs someone to throw to, too. I am in full agreement that OL and LB are huge needs but, let's not kid ourselves, so is WR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like almost everything about this kid and he is the right pick. As a Bengals fan, I can never let myself get to ecstatic. Time for a new era. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

You can't live in what if. AJ Green is 31 years old and Ross appears to in fact be a bust. WR is a need. The kid needs someone to throw to, too. I am in full agreement that OL and LB are huge needs but, let's not kid ourselves, so is WR.

How would you rate our current WRs? Do you think they rate anywhere near our 30th ranked OL from last year? This isn't rocket surgery. How are you going to feel about your decision if and when we don't get Burrow the protection he needs and the result is a serious injury that sends him to ther IR, or worse? Are you going to feel good about this decision (WR in 2nd round) then? 

 

I'm not saying the WR room doesn't need some help, it does, but I sure as hell don't see the logic in using a 2nd round pick to accomplish that, when the need to protect Burrow remains much higher. Our #1 goal after the 1st round should be in protecting our investment. Anything other than that makes no sense to me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bengaled said:

How would you rate our current WRs? Do you think they rate anywhere near our 30th ranked OL from last year? This isn't rocket surgery. How are you going to feel about your decision if and when we don't get Burrow the protection he needs and the result is a serious injury that sends him to ther IR, or worse? Are you going to feel good about this decision (WR in 2nd round) then? 

 

I'm not saying the WR room doesn't need some help, it does, but I sure as hell don't see the logic in using a 2nd round pick to accomplish that, when the need to protect Burrow remains much higher. Our #1 goal after the 1st round should be in protecting our investment. Anything other than that makes no sense to me.

So one pick at 33 means there will be no new protection? All I'm saying is the cupboard at receiver is much thinner than you think.Ideally I'd like to see them move back in round 2.I'm NOT saying take a receiver above anything else (one  example,Josh Jones slides) ,I'm simply saying they need to come away with one that could potentially replace AJ the next year if he doesn't re sign,or gets hurt yet again,and a second receiver later would be good. Lastly,what if receiver is the BPA in the 2nd,like if Mims slides,and none of the really good OLinemen don't? Do we reach? Every mock I've done I try to come away with two OL and at least one receiver,so I'm not disagreeing with you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bengaled said:

How would you rate our current WRs? Do you think they rate anywhere near our 30th ranked OL from last year? This isn't rocket surgery. How are you going to feel about your decision if and when we don't get Burrow the protection he needs and the result is a serious injury that sends him to ther IR, or worse? Are you going to feel good about this decision (WR in 2nd round) then? 

Let's not start getting too overly dramatic...and then Joe Burrow died because of the offensive line, he DIED!!!! The Bengals are getting Jonah Williams back, added Xavier Su'a-Filo and Trey Hopkins looks legit. I agree. The offensive line is not great. Nor is the LB group. Nor is the WR corp. The likelihood is an early second round draft offensive lineman isn't stepping in Day 1 and shutting defenses down any way. My only point to you is, to wave away WR as an option with wishes and buts isn't realistic. There is a need there and it's a strong one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bengals are going to do everything in the power to make this guy happy.

From the stadium staff, chefs, training room guys, secretaries, there will be a completely new attitude when he walks into the room.

There will be a new swagger about this team starting tonight

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TeeBengal said:

 

HAPPY BURROW DAY Fellas.   He is ours!

 

You spelled “DEY” wrong...

 

😎

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sox said:

So one pick at 33 means there will be no new protection? All I'm saying is the cupboard at receiver is much thinner than you think.Ideally I'd like to see them move back in round 2.I'm NOT saying take a receiver above anything else (one  example,Josh Jones slides) ,I'm simply saying they need to come away with one that could potentially replace AJ the next year if he doesn't re sign,or gets hurt yet again,and a second receiver later would be good. Lastly,what if receiver is the BPA in the 2nd,like if Mims slides,and none of the really good OLinemen don't? Do we reach? Every mock I've done I try to come away with two OL and at least one receiver,so I'm not disagreeing with you. 

Yes, you reach, if reaching means you're doing everything possible to protect the new franchise QB, to hell if you've reached 5-10 slots,  You're going to see the benefits pay off later that you DID reach. If Burrow goes down to a significant injury, because you were worried that you might have reached and you end up losing a legitimate player for a lesser one, you're going to rethink every decision you have previously made and realize how you had the option to have done something about it and pissed that opportunity away by being greedy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The receiver prospect pool is very very deep this year, one GM on the radio said they expect to get a starting quality WR as late as round 5. 

 

If it was me, I would only keep pick 33 if one of the top LB's or OT's on your board slipped past round 1. Otherwise, trade down and get an extra pick - then go hard on OL, WR and LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Let's not start getting too overly dramatic...and then Joe Burrow died because of the offensive line, he DIED!!!! The Bengals are getting Jonah Williams back, added Xavier Su'a-Filo and Trey Hopkins looks legit. I agree. The offensive line is not great. Nor is the LB group. Nor is the WR corp. The likelihood is an early second round draft offensive lineman isn't stepping in Day 1 and shutting defenses down any way. My only point to you is, to wave away WR as an option with wishes and buts isn't realistic. There is a need there and it's a strong one.

There are question marks galore on the right side of this OL and the acquisition of a veteran, RESERVE LG isn't going to do anything to make those concerns go away.  There's a reason they only offered XSF 3 M per year and he took it. Can you contemplate why that reason was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

The Bengals are going to do everything in the power to make this guy happy.

From the stadium staff, chefs, training room guys, secretaries, there will be a completely new attitude when he walks into the room.

There will be a new swagger about this team starting tonight

I hope that includes improving this pathetic OL we have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...