* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Was Mayfield’s wife’s nipples totally poking out in that last commercial?  Asking for my 18 year son. 

Why were you looking at that?  You people are disgusting.  Oh, and here it is, if anyone is interested...or curious...or is shopping for insurance...or whatever...

2 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Yeah kicking their ass. He beat Bama by a touchdown with an injured Tua and Auburn by 3 points. Texas was a joke and Clemson shouldn’t have been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

LOL, they put up 46 on Alabama in their house.   Auburn was a close game.

Didn’t OSU lose to Clemson? Let me rephrase that, didn’t OSU choke against Clemson?   Remember, that game? The one Chase Young had 1 tackle and zero sacks in?  It was just last month. 

15 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Man, I'm a Buckeyes fan, but you are the type that makes the rest of us look bad.  

+ 1 and I'm not even that much of a college football or THE OSU fan.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

No one player is going to fix this team.  But getting the best available QB in the draft is a good step in that direction.

Are you butt hurt he left OSU or something? 

Something.  He's butt hurt from something else.  Maybe Chase Young's donkey dong.

19 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Funny thing is my Buckeyes can do better than this sorry ass team. The only thing I find funny is that you idiots think Burrow is the answer to this teams problems. Let it be God has sent us the savior, the golden boy. Ha what a joke and all you stupid fans will line up to buy tickets and give the Browns what they want, money.

Are you the guy that dresses up in the white cape & cowboy hat/red mustache,  or the big fat guy that paints his head like a helmet and wears all the necklaces? 

30 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

I'm building a shelf to hold all the replica Super Bowl trophies mirroring the ones the team will get over Throwin' Joe's career as a Bengals HoF QB.

Should I leave room for 9 or 12 trophies? Possibly 14?

Maybe a spot for a Divisional playoff round participation trophy.

9 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Really for speaking the truth. I’m just tired of people on here thinking one player is going to make this team better. I’m tired of the one year wonder crap shoot. Look at the 49’ers tonight. They won with defense and running the ball. They had less than one hundred yards passing.

Sure, because their OL is killer. Look at KC, they won because of an elite QB who outscored a good running team with  a good D but a marginal QB. One player may not make much of a difference but one elite player will IF they are surrounded by other better players. 

If we were to trade down, we would still have to draft well (which we have not done lately) AND we would still have to find a much better QB.

If we pick Burrow, we still have to draft well and we will need some FA help. 

People know we have more than one pick this year right? I don't think anyone here at least is claiming Burrow is going to just turn this franchise around by him self. We realize that the OL, LB and secondary needs work. You have to start some where and why not start with the most important position in football with probably the greatest college QB season in history. Burrow could absolutely bust but so could Chase. We'll see.

11 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Really for speaking the truth. I’m just tired of people on here thinking one player is going to make this team better. I’m tired of the one year wonder crap shoot. Look at the 49’ers tonight. They won with defense and running the ball. They had less than one hundred yards passing.

You mean Chase Young by himself isn't gonna make a difference? ;)

There isn't one person on this site that thinks that one player makes the entire difference, however QB is the single most important position on the field, and when you have a chance to get a potential franchise QB who not only won the Heisman, not only won the national championship but put together what may have been the single greatest year in college football history you take it and you run, and THEN you build around that QB to give him a chance at the next level.

Franchise QBs are far and away more important than top level DEs. 

Put your Buckeye homerism away and look at this objectively. 

11 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

No I’m just not jumping on the Burrow bandwagon. I’m glad everyone on here thinks he’s a sure fire Brady or Montana.

Nobody thinks he's a surefire anything, we just think he is the best QB coming out right now and we happen to be picking right at the top. And QB is a more important position than DE. Watch the Munoz clip. Munoz himself says he himself was a player that only had one good year in college. 

Also by this token does this mean Young is a surefire Reggie White?

30 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Once again you ignorant fuck. I’m not talking about taking a Buckeye you dumb shit. I’m talking trading down for extra first round picks. This team needs more than a qb. Herbert has thrown for a lot of yards and only five int’s this year and he’s big and can run also. I’m not much for Tua because he’s too fragile.

If the dolphins or any other team make a ridiculous offer to come up then yes you have an argument there, Although there was a report somewhere yesterday I think that the Dolphins have no interest in moving up to number 1. Could be smoke screen who knows. One of the biggest bungals in history was not taking the insane offer from the Saints. I'd also like to point out that the personal attacks aren't necessary it's not that serious,

If we were willing to trade down, what would it take?

RG3 went for 3 firsts and a 2nd. IMO Burrow is a better prospect than Griffin. So 4 firsts or 3 firsts+3 seconds. Something like that. Picks in future years are worth less than current year picks, usually discounted by 1 round per year. So a 2022 first round pick is worth a third this year. It's probably worth a bit more due to the 5 year contracts, but a 2nd rounder in 2 years will be worth about a 4th this year. 

I'm in a mock offseason over at Football's Future and other teams are in a frenzy for Burrow. Colts are offering first rounders plus Quentin Nelson and Darius Leonard. Lions want to move up to 1 instead of taking Tua at 3. Chargers and Panthers want him bad. 

5 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Did you watch the game dumb fuck. You mean the one where the catch and fumble for a touchdown was overturned. Yeah keep spouting off at the mouth. The truth is if you watched the game you would have seen a lot of missed calls in favor of Clemson.

Yeah I did.  I watched Dobbins drop two touchdown passes.   I watched Lawrence break free for a 67 yard TD run to end the half.     I watched a player rough the punter on the 3 yard line giving Clemson a new set of downs and the result:  A 53 yard screen play for a TD in the 3rd quarter throwing to who's side, Chase Young.    Next series Fields threw into double coverage resulting in his 2nd pick although I certainly don't blame Fields for that loss, he came back and retook the lead on some beautiful passing. 

I then watched Clemson go 90 yards in 4 plays using simple dumps and screens against a totally undisciplined pass rush coupled with  TERRIBLE tackling.  The TD was a simple dump play 5 yards down field to a wide open Etienne.   Gee if only those defensive ends (cough cough Chase Young) and linebackers had stayed in contain and not given up so many big EASY plays.  

Ohio State had numerous chances to put that game away early.  Should have scored at least 24 in the first half not 16.  Shouldn't have let Clemson back into the game so easily.  They were so UNDISCIPLINED on defense.  They were constantly getting completely out of position on numerous plays allowing for huge gains on simple 5 to 10 yard  screens, dumps and QB draws.  Add in a stupid roughing the punter call ie going low into the kicker on the 5 yard line?   Dumb. 

Blaming the refs for one call and then pulling the old "The refs screwed us the whole game" is why I am simply a casual Buckeyes fan.  

4 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Once again you ignorant fuck. I’m not talking about taking a Buckeye you dumb shit. I’m talking trading down for extra first round picks. This team needs more than a qb. Herbert has thrown for a lot of yards and only five int’s this year and he’s big and can run also. I’m not much for Tua because he’s too fragile.

Some one needs a time out..-10 good boy points....no chicken tendies for you...

Btw, name calling isn't helping you convince others that you are intelligent and passing on Burrow for Herbert is just fucking dumb.

7 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Some one needs a time out..-10 good boy points....no chicken tendies for you...

Btw, name calling isn't helping you convince others that are intelligent and passing on Burrow for Herbert is just fucking dumb.

Sometimes us mods just let the guy hang themselves.

I’m not wanting a de. I want to try and trade down with Miami and get there top 2 or 3 first round picks if possible. Then I take Herbert and the best OT available and I know Miami would have to give up their other first or the first next year to do it.

Herbert isn't as good as Burrow, he certainly isn't as accurate, and we drafted a LT last year, we need a RT, but you can get good RT's in the 2nd round. I am very weary of trading down and taking a lesser QB, we've had 9 years of mediocre QB play that hasn't netted us any playoff wins. Now is the time to take the best QB and then build around him.

You kiss your mother with that mouth? If so can you still taste my dick?

Archived