Who Do You Want in Round 2?

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

They're NOT moving Williams. He's the 2020 starting LT, full stop.

Sour Apples Harry, here, but I have him penciled in but lightly.

He didn't make it through the first week of training camp before going out

for the year with an old injury.

Not bashing him in the least.  Hope he becomes a pro bowl OLT for the next decade.

But I'm kind of wait-and-see now.

The idea of OT bookends of Bobby Hartless and Joe Baggadonuts give me the willies.

1 minute ago, SmoothD said:

So, if the pick is Jones, will he move to RT?

I think that's what most people here envision, but some have offered having Jones at RG and he can move to tackle next year (or during the year) as things shake out.  Again, the good part is they have tape of him at RG and he looked pretty damn good.

2 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

So, if the pick is Jones, will he move to RT?

I don't think he'll be ready to do that right off the bat but you never know. He showed out pretty well at RG during Sr Bowl week so maybe they kick him inside for a year. 

I think helping Burrow should still be the priority. Be it with OL upgrades or a security blanket type receiver/TE. And I would be willing to draft/trade/sign more FAs to make it happen.

Having said that, I am not sure how much guys like Jones, Cleveland, or Mims help right now. Jones is right on the cusp. Pittman is the most pro-ready WR. Kiper has him top 5 best available, some folk have him late 2nd.

On D, we are mostly drafting for depth. Edge (DE/OLB), or LB depth behind Pratt/Bynes being the most pressing. Epenesa/Baun I think are the most pro-ready. Gross-Matos is close. At least in terms of playing the most snaps as a rookie. SAM & Hubbard are where the most snaps likely are. Best prospects may be at CB/S where we are deepest.

Conclusion: I trade down, but only far enough where I think at least 1 of Jones, Epenesa, Baun, Pittman, Gross-Matos, +1 of the DBs/S are still there. 

I would then use that extra pick +65 to move up into the back end of R2 to snag another one of those guys (if they slip) or our favorite LB left.

I also think Jason Peters might be more of an immediate RT upgrade than Jones. And he can mentor Williams. 

Go after Peters hard (we'll have the $$ once Dalton is off the books). Trade down a bit. Get extra pick. Trade back up into late 2nd.

Peters would not preclude taking Jones. Next year's OT class is supposed to be fantastic. Take a plug & play tackle next year if you need to. I would have no problem playing Williams, Jones (I think one could plat G) and an OT pick next year at the same time, and for a decade, protecting Joe#1 and blasting holes for Joe#2.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Xavier McKinney is a legit top 20 player, IMO. I don't know how they can pass that up. If they do, I'm hoping for a trade back. If they can't do that and they don't want another S, I'm thinking Baun, Cleveland or Logan Wilson.

I doubt any of those guys would have as good of a chance as Jones would at starting either. That's usually what you get in round two, and especially with everyone on lockdown this year. All things being equal with a full camp and in a normal year, I'd put money on Jones starting if not the beginning of the season very soon thereafter.

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

I think that's what most people here envision, but some have offered having Jones at RG and he can move to tackle next year (or during the year) as things shake out.  Again, the good part is they have tape of him at RG and he looked pretty damn good.

And our coaches had him in the senior bowl so if we pick him or not pick him at 33 we will know why either way. 

47 minutes ago, bengaled said:

I doubt any of those guys would have as good of a chance as Jones would at starting either. That's usually what you get in round two, and especially with everyone on lockdown this year. All things being equal with a full camp and in a normal year, I'd put money on Jones starting if not the beginning of the season very soon thereafter.

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with either one of the OT's.

Baun, McKinney or Delpit I think would impact from day one even if they're not actual "starters". 

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that it'll be Logan Wilson.

Trading down is probably most preferable for me. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have heard several times now this morning on the radio that the Bengals were targeting Jordyn Brooks with pick 33, Hawks ruined that plan.

Had he not been there, they probably would have traded out of the 1st,

16 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Colts are trying to move out of the 34 slot

They want Mims.

Trade them and still get the pick of the others plus another pick.

Not sold on Mims.  Would prefer some of the others including Jones

over him.

Hey, get 34 and trade back again.

Why not?

None of the guys that have fallen - most notably the RBs and Ss - appear to be at positions of need for the Bengals.

There IS some decent value among the tackles, but nobody that’s ready to contribute Day 1.

If I were running the show, I’d be trying to trade back a half dozen spots and then go BPA at LB or OL.

All that said, I have a sneaking suspicion the Bengals are going to stand pat and take Tee Higgins - although I’d rather they not.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

4 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

The more I think about this, if we can move back and draft Pittman Jr. (WR) and pick up an extra 3rd somehow that would be ideal.  I really want Willie Gay Jr. in the 3rd at LB and we need a WR in the worst way. 

But Josh Jones would be so hard to pass up on...I'm glad I'm not in charge.

Josh Jones at 2...

The only reason he didnt go in round 1 was the Titans took Isaiah...bastards..

Hes not a consolation prize thiough...

Hes a good one..

If I am the Bengals, I am taking Zack Baun. The defense was fucking awful last year and a big part was the LB group and their inability to cover. To win, the whole team needs to improve. I totally get the concerns about the offensive line and I'm way cool with a player here in the second round but, Baun has the biggest need/value for me. I personally see no point of taking a lesser player for the line who isn't even going to play this year.

I also find players like Delpit, McKinney, Epenesa, Higgins, Gross-Matos and Sheault Jr. interesting. I definitely think there's enough players of solid value and need to drop back and get a great player.

I really, really just hope they don't make some stupid fucking reach on a project player.   

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Sour Apples Harry, here, but I have him penciled in but lightly.

He didn't make it through the first week of training camp before going out

for the year with an old injury.

Not bashing him in the least.  Hope he becomes a pro bowl OLT for the next decade.

But I'm kind of wait-and-see now.

The idea of OT bookends of Bobby Hartless and Joe Baggadonuts give me the willies.

How bout Josh Jones and Jonah..

Less willies?

Archived