Who Do You Want in Round 2?

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I’ll bet a ham sandwich they won’t cut Hart no matter who they draft. He might play a little less as part of a rotation but I guarantee he still plays. 
And I promise ya Jones wouldn’t still be on the board if teams thought he would be a day one plug and play starter.
Doesn’t make him a bad pick though.

I’m fine with him being the guy....I just don’t think he starts right away unless it’s at RG. 

He's not a plug and play starter for most teams because they have someone better than Hart at RT.  We, unfortunately don't. 

So take Jones,  trade for a veteran guard like Warford or Jackson or Thuney, then get Burrow some weapons. I don't mind a LB in round 3 or 4 but this isn't a one year fix. Blacklock would be an absolutely terrible pick for us. Mims is ok in his own right but is the sort of stupid pick the Bengals frequently make. 

16 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Josh Jones is a 4 year starter in college. He's both polished and athletic. He's an upgrade from Hart today. We can cut Hart and go with Johnson as the backup right away. 

No way we should do that, especially not with this weird offseason. Let the process play out so when he takes over you know he's ready to. Coach him up.

36 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

This is irrelevant. Why do you keep talking about it? Fans on message boards can "hype" all they like; it has no bearing on anything.

Youd be surprised just who reads this forum.

Im talking all types of mefia mostly local but who knows how far gobengals extends to some of these shit writers..

More details on here than anywhere else..

Bar none!

8 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I like Baun and I have warmed up to Jones.  Both are 1st round talents.  The guy they pick has to be ready to start Day 1.  I would probably give Baun the edge in that category.

Dont know why but who knows 

Alot of OT rooks start right away..

League is full of them..

Hopefully Gay is at 3...

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Dont know why but who knows 

I really thought both would be gone in the first round.  Two different positions both needed.  I just think Jones could use a little more coaching to be NFL ready.  But I won't go crying to Momma with either pick. That is just my opinion and I aint nobody.

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I really thought both would be gone in the first round.  Two different positions both needed.  I just think Jones could use a little more coaching to be NFL ready.  But I won't go crying to Momma with either pick. That is just my opinion and I aint nobody.

Your somebody...we all are my friend..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I’ll bet a ham sandwich they won’t cut Hart no matter who they draft. He might play a little less as part of a rotation but I guarantee he still plays. 
And I promise ya Jones wouldn’t still be on the board if teams thought he would be a day one plug and play starter.
Doesn’t make him a bad pick though.

I’m fine with him being the guy....I just don’t think he starts right away unless it’s at RG. 

We could use a right guard.

Don't want Blocklock or Mims, would rather trade down.

8 hours ago, westside bengal said:

A big question I have is if there is really going to be a football season this year?  Players are probably in pretty good shape right now but what if they sit out a year?  Who are the workout warriors?  Who are the guys that have weight issues and might gain 30 or 40 pounds waiting for the season to start next year?  I would be thinking about some of those things.

Just occurred to me, if there is no 2020 season, but they do hold a 2021 draft, do we pick 1st again?

4 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Just occurred to me, if there is no 2020 season, but they do hold a 2021 draft, do we pick 1st again?

Nah they'd do a lottery, likely weighted for the bottom few teams based on the previous three or so years.  The reason I say this is because it is precisely what the NHL did when they lost the 2004 season to a strike.  Yes, a lottery decided who got Sidney Crosby:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NHL_Entry_Draft#Lottery

At the end of the day we'd be in the top half most likely, but the Browns would probably be among the highest chances to be at the very top (if anyone wants to actually calculate it please do!)

Archived