* ROUND 2, BENGALS SELECT TEE HIGGINS, WR *

4 minutes ago, whodey? said:

I don’t know much about Higgins. What don’t you guys like about him?

Angular with very long arms. Catches balls even when draped over. Has body just like AJ (body double). Has deceptive speed and long strider. Teams can't double AJ and Higgins, so one of them now has 1 on 1 on the outside. 

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Angular with very long arms. Catches balls even when draped over. Has body just like AJ (body double). Has deceptive speed and long strider. Teams can't double AJ and Higgins, so one of them now has 1 on 1 on the outside. 

Sounds good to me. 👍 Plus AJ has been getting injured here lately. 

I predicted weeks ago that they would take a WR in the 2nd as AJ's replacement.

However, when Josh Jones made it to the 2nd round, I surely thought he would be the pick.

Either way I'm happy with the pick.

Don't let his 40 time and vertical fool y'all.

This dude is a baller.

I bet he picks #85 to wear

29 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Burrow's specialty is when teams blitz and bring pressure. I think the OL won't have as much pressure as teams will be afraid to blitz as much now ---  then when the Red water pistol was back there panicing and tossing up wounded ducks into the stands. 

The problem is a decent press corner will never allow him to get off the line. He's thin and weak and that's how you take his game away.

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Maybe they wanted Higgins???   He is a good RELIABLE receiver. 

Agreed. He is more productive/polished than Mims, Claypool, or Shenault. But smaller, less explosive, and slower.

Same speed as Pittman, but smaller, less physical, worse hands, less versatile, a worse blocker, and a less polished route runner.

The fact that he got shut down vs OSU/LSU also does not bode well.

I can get taking him over Mims, Claypool, and Shenault, but not Pittman.

There are positives. He is only 21, could still get bigger, stronger, faster. Bengals fan growing up. And he is better than Ross.

Who starts at WR with AJ? Pick two.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Probably on IR, based on his career thus far.

I take this to mean they think a long-term deal with AJ is unlikely for what they're willing to invest.

Not necessarily.  You need 2 outside WRs.  Ross is unlikely to be back.  No reason they couldn't keep AJ and Tee, at least for the length of Tee's rookie contract.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not necessarily.  You need 2 outside WRs.  Ross is unlikely to be back.  No reason they couldn't keep AJ and Tee, at least for the length of Tee's rookie contract.

They just extended Boyd last year for $40M plus.  They can't keep franchising AJ.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

They just extended Boyd last year for $40M plus.  They can't keep franchising AJ.

Boyd is a slot guy.  They can keep Boyd, AJ, and Tee as long as Tee is on his rookie contract.

Archived