* ROUND 2, BENGALS SELECT TEE HIGGINS, WR *

3 hours ago, B.A.B. said:

His ability to find the ball in the air seems pretty ridiculous, by looking at footage. Besides that, I know nothing about the kid. Hope he's ready to ball out. 

2 hours ago, stryker57 said:

another skill position when the protection is marginal.  hasnt worked for the last 4 years hope it turns out different this time.....

Tee Higgins is freakish on contested passes...Corners are sought for Speed now..Receivers will be covered like a blanket more and more...Contested catches. keeps drives alive..

They might have a trade partner or sign a tackle yet..

Changed my mind completely 180 degrees from my original thoughts.

Great pick, great addition to the team,

Bengals fan and modeled himself after A.J. Green, worked out with Joe Burrow under Jordan Palmer's tutelage...

Yeah, he's the guy.

(how did he happen to have a Bengals cap handy?  The the NFL send the top guys 32 caps?)

23 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals fan and modeled himself after A.J. Green, worked out with Joe Burrow under Jordan Palmer's tutelage...

Yeah, he's the guy.

(how did he happen to have a Bengals cap handy?  The the NFL send the top guys 32 caps?)

Well, they had 21 hours to get him a cap and tell him he was the guy. 

I am warming to this pick.

Have no issue with taking a WR over OT. I think Jones is a B/B+ tackle. OT class supposed to be strong next year. Get an A+ tackle to bookend Jonah. Sign Peters as a bandaid for this year.

I wanted a trade down or Pittman. Pittman is bigger, stronger, and a better run blocker and can return kicks & blocked a couple. 

Did not want a raw WR (Mims). Wanted a guy who helps Burrow on Day 1. Higgins is #2 to Pittman on that score. Plus he has experience in the slot and wide, so he can lineup with any combo of our other top WRs: AJ, Ross, or Boyd. Pittman just a wide guy.

And Higgins just turned 21, so he still may fill out some. 

And he is a huge Bengal/AJ fan. Seems like a great kid. Will help the culture.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, he's the guy.

hes a bengals fan he just went and got his

2 hours ago, IsaacCurtis:TheReal#85 said:

I am warming to this pick.

Have no issue with taking a WR over OT. I think Jones is a B/B+ tackle. OT class supposed to be strong next year. Get an A+ tackle to bookend Jonah. Sign Peters as a bandaid for this year.

I wanted a trade down or Pittman. Pittman is bigger, stronger, and a better run blocker and can return kicks & blocked a couple. 

Did not want a raw WR (Mims). Wanted a guy who helps Burrow on Day 1. Higgins is #2 to Pittman on that score. Plus he has experience in the slot and wide, so he can lineup with any combo of our other top WRs: AJ, Ross, or Boyd. Pittman just a wide guy.

And Higgins just turned 21, so he still may fill out some. 

And he is a huge Bengal/AJ fan. Seems like a great kid. Will help the culture.

AJ is 6'4 212lbs.

Tee is 6'4 216lbs..

How much filling out does he need?

Stronger sure thatll happen

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

how did he happen to have a Bengals cap handy?  The the NFL send the top guys 32 caps?)

All day 1 & 2 prospects got sent a care package from the NFL.  Included 32 hats and the camera setup so they could stream their living room.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:28 PM, T-Dub said:

Probably on IR, based on his career thus far.

I take this to mean they think a long-term deal with AJ is unlikely for what they're willing to invest.

You can say the same about Green over the past couple years.  Green is going to have to play in at least 10-12 games before you even consider giving him a multi-year deal.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

You can say the same about Green over the past couple years.  Green is going to have to play in at least 10-12 games before you even consider giving him a multi-year deal.

Absolutely.  Time to move on from players that don't play.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

EVERYBODY, please be sure to click on that link above ⬆️ ...and read the article.

🦗

Sorry, but I refuse to read anything from the Players Tribune.  It's nothing but a rag designed to promote individuals.  Ever since Jimmy Vesey lied his ass off to win the Hobey Baker over a more deserving Kyle Connor I have no use for that crap. 

I hope Higgins is the real deal and an honest guy, but that site is nothing but promo pieces written by their publicist.  There is a place for sports journalists in the world, and The Players Tribune is not journalism.

Archived