* ROUND 2, BENGALS SELECT TEE HIGGINS, WR *

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Sorry, but I refuse to read anything from the Players Tribune.  It's nothing but a rag designed to promote individuals.  Ever since Jimmy Vesey lied his ass off to win the Hobey Baker over a more deserving Kyle Connor I have no use for that crap. 

I hope Higgins is the real deal and an honest guy, but that site is nothing but promo pieces written by their publicist.  There is a place for sports journalists in the world, and The Players Tribune is not journalism.

Lol it’s a piece written by Tee Higgins himself about his childhood and his mother. 

46 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol it’s a piece written by Tee Higgins himself about his childhood and his mother. 

Sure.  His agent had nothing to do with it.  The Vesey piece was also “written” by Vesey. It very well may be 100% true.  He should have chosen to tell it to a journalist instead of releasing it through a POS publication like The Players Journal. 

In all honesty, UncleEarl does have a valid point.  I read the one written by Tee and was really moved by his story.  Wow.

However, I then looked at a few of the others and it became clear that these are all publicity pieces and all written very well.  I doubt all these college football players write that well...they all read like professional books.

I'm not doubting Tee's story, his life's struggles, or how he overcame them...but the site as a whole is tainted IMHO.

6 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

In all honesty, UncleEarl does have a valid point.  I read the one written by Tee and was really moved by his story.  Wow.

However, I then looked at a few of the others and it became clear that these are all publicity pieces and all written very well.  I doubt all these college football players write that well...they all read like professional books.

I'm not doubting Tee's story, his life's struggles, or how he overcame them...but the site as a whole is tainted IMHO.

Fair enough.  

7 hours ago, Cricket said:

but the site as a whole is tainted IMHO

I definitely get that but, in this one instance, this is one article that is absolutely worth everyone’s time to read. Much much respect to that family. 

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

I definitely get that but, in this one instance, this is one article that is absolutely worth everyone’s time to read. Much much respect to that family. 

To be clear, I am not calling out Tee Higgins in this case.  I highly doubt it was his idea to use The Players Journal, nor do I think he wrote the article himself.  Probably told the story to a publicist who either wrote it, or hired a professional to write it.  Once he was drafted they released it, colored it orange for Bengals fans, etc.  Hope Higgins is a great Bengal for a long time, but The Players Journal can GTFO.

Archived