* ROUND 3 BENGALS SELECT LOGAN WILSON, LB *

Pre-Draft Analysis

Wilson, one of two Wyoming players to be named a captain three times, has the potential to develop into a four-down player. He has active hands and showed the ability to shed blocks quickly. He closes well and chases with good effort. He flashes good stopping power. He played defensive back in high school and has good cover skills. Wilson has some ball skills, picking off 10 passes at Wyoming, including two that he returned for touchdowns. -- Steve Muench

This is kind of crazy to read...

NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

·#Bengals offseason so far:

*Tagged AJ Green

*Signed DJ Reader

*Signed Trae Waynes

*Signed Vonn Bell

*Signed Mackensie Alexander

*Signed Xavier Su’a-Filo

*Signed Josh Bynes

*Draft QB Joe Burrow at No. 1

*Draft WR Tee Higgins at No. 33

*Draft LB Logan Wilson at No. 65

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

This is kind of crazy to read...

NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

·#Bengals offseason so far:

*Tagged AJ Green

*Signed DJ Reader

*Signed Trae Waynes

*Signed Vonn Bell

*Signed Mackensie Alexander

*Signed Xavier Su’a-Filo

*Signed Josh Bynes

*Draft QB Joe Burrow at No. 1

*Draft WR Tee Higgins at No. 33

*Draft LB Logan Wilson at No. 65

Plus we get Jonah Williams back.

I think, realistically, all 11 of those guys start this year (or play in the set we use most often).

Offense: 3 WR: Burrow; Mixon; Green, Higgins, Boyd; Uzomah; Williams, 

Jordan, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Hart.

Defense: 425: Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Bynes, Wilson; Waynes, Jackson, Alexander, Bell, Bates.

Guys in BOLD did not play a single down for us last year.

Not sure if Higgins starts or not, or for whom if he does. But even if Ross starts, I bet we see a lot of 4 WR sets with CJ coming out.

If we play 3 LBs, Pratt plays for Alexander. 

Still, 10-11 new starters/top 12 guys (with more draft and FA/trades to come) is a lot of upgrades. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

93936791_244376303346303_242950120363419

Wilson is a good player, and I like the pick, but those scores are a bit inflated by playing in the MWC.  If he had scores like that in the SEC he would have been a top 10 pick/

Not gonna lot but that was the first dumb fucking pick. We could have had Malik Harrison out of OSU. But instead we get a fucking kid that non off us hand hard off...wtf now Baltimore have him and are like can't believe he was still on the board. Wow. I'll root for him now but wish we didn't draft him. I hope I'm wrong on him but not sure about sure pick at all. Last year we took that TE out of Washington in the second and you all know the rest.

9 hours ago, bigboi said:

The Bengals made the right choice drafting wilson over bruan.

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals should stay clear of players with injury issues like Baun at this point. 

Excellent pick 

Negative comments and questions about Baun and Jones:

"Yes, there were other notable names on the board. But by this point, offensive tackle Josh Jones was in freefall for a reason and defensive tackle with Justin Madubuike just wasn’t as big of a need. Zack Baun taking a major fall is also a red flag."

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/24/bengals-draft-grade-logan-wilson-pick/

Archived