* ROUND 3 BENGALS SELECT LOGAN WILSON, LB *

I am not unhappy with the Logan pick because the Bengals need linebackers.  But I was hoping for a more modern hybrid LB/S player.  Personally I was hoping Jeremy Chinn would be there but the Panthers traded up to grab him at 65.  But until I see Logan I sure am not knocking the pick.  At least the Bengals didnt pick a starting kicker they won't keep.

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am not unhappy with the Logan pick because the Bengals need linebackers.  But I was hoping for a more modern hybrid LB/S player.  Personally I was hoping Jeremy Chinn would be there but the Panthers traded up to grab him at 65.  But until I see Logan I sure am not knocking the pick.  At least the Bengals didnt pick a starting kicker they won't keep.

Wilson is a converted DB who had 10 picks in college. He has some versatility.

Taylor said they view him strictly as an off-ball type. But if we play 2 off ball LBs, I think he is big enough to stop the run AND a good coverage guy. Can play alongsise Bynes AND Pratt. And Bell/Williams if they align as a LB

And maybe can play some SAM as well. 

I share your desire for Chinn, but we are much better off at S than LB, and he was gone anyway.

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

This is kind of crazy to read...

NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

·#Bengals offseason so far:

*Tagged AJ Green

*Signed DJ Reader

*Signed Trae Waynes

*Signed Vonn Bell

*Signed Mackensie Alexander

*Signed Xavier Su’a-Filo

*Signed Josh Bynes

*Draft QB Joe Burrow at No. 1

*Draft WR Tee Higgins at No. 33

*Draft LB Logan Wilson at No. 65

thats like 11 new starters counting jonah and AJ being back...  half the entire team is going to be upgraded...  incredible

Archived