Day 3 Draft Thread

16 minutes ago, BengalMobster said:

How is that a luxury pick? We were starting guys like Damion Willis, Stanley Morgan, and Alex Erickson last year. 

And again, who did you want to take at 33 instead?

It's a luxury pick when your OL includes John Jerry, Billy Price, Bobby Hart, and Fred Johnson that has had to start.  You want that protecting your rookie franchise QB?

I said I would have preferred to trade down from 33 to draft either Ezra Cleveland or maybe Robert Hunt.  If they really wanted a WR they could have at least taken Pittman.  I hope Higgins proves me wrong and I will eat crow but I see him struggling to get open in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, IsaacCurtis:TheReal#85 said:

Well, I get where you are coming from, but a couple points.

1) Though they may struggle at times, at least we have guys with NFL experience (starting) on the Oline. Hopkins, Hart, XSF, & Jordan all have starting experience. Hell, so do Price & Redmond. Add in Jonah and Johnson. That is 8 guys.

At LB, we basically had 2 guys: Bynes and Pratt. No problem with adding 2 LBs. 

At edge, we basically had 3 guys. 

And Kareem can help a bit at DT.

Bottom line, we needed sone bodies on D. At least we have offensive lineman.

2) RG is not a gaping hole, we got XSF to play RG.

3) Is your main beef not taking Jones? I mean, Burrow had to be first. WR is a need, with AJs health & Ross' struggles. Plus it gives Joe another weapon.

And we needed bodies on D. We got 3 captains. Coaches sons.

4) We had a ton of holes. QB, LB, WR, TE, RT, OG, edge, DT depth. No way we could fill them all with 5 picks.

We have gotten 4 guys who will either start or play a lot of snaps (Burrow, Higgins, L. Wilson, Davis-Gaither). Plus a guy who should be a solid situational guy (Kareem).

Have heard the staff say we wanted to reduce Gino's snaps, and that Hubbard & Dunlap played too much when Lawson got hurt. We needed bodies.

Edit: When we dump Andy, we will have cash. Can sign FAs or get cap casualties.

It just amuses me when people complain that our O-Line players suck (which is fine), but then get upset we didn't take someone in the 4th or 5th round who isn't any better than the guys they were complaining about.

1 minute ago, WRAPradio said:

We have one more pick...I'd love to walk away with Tyler Bass (maybe as a priority FA?) and Netane Muti.  This would make this an "A" draft for me.

Denver just took Netane  :(

Sudden run on OL/G

17 minutes ago, BengalMobster said:

Like I said, nobody.

Gio brings nothing to the table any more- an undersized RB who lacks speed and can't make people miss. Anderson is a walking MASH unit. I like Trayveon but not sure he's a guy who can carry the load.

Read analysis on Benjamin..

Put on weight from 195 senior bowl to 207 combine..good..

Good receiver out of the backfield..

Yeah id take him in 7th to add depth..i think Gio is gone soon..

1 hour ago, BengalMobster said:

Umm... because we had like 2 LBs on the entire roster. At least we have guys we can line up and play with on the line.

Again, who did you want us to draft and when?

I love ADG, but I would have preferred Charles in the 4th.  With his versatility, he would have made an immediate impact.  With that being said, I’m overall very happy with this draft.  

Archived