Undrafted Free agent signings

4 hours ago, NCStripes said:

Scotty Washington can be a good pickup.  He usually gets off to a slow start but comes on strong as the season progresses. 

Got any info on him...

Found a receiver named Scotty Washinton drafted by Lions in 2001?

He was stabbed in a bar in Detroit.

Is this is dad?

Edited...that was Scotty Anderson..my bad..

Thus kid is another redzone target at 6'5 225lbs..slow though..

Kansas State defensive tackle Trey Dishon (@D1shon99KSU) signed as an UDFA with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Horton, Kansas native logged 15.5 tackles for loss and 8 sacks in his Wildcats career. #KStateFB

Embedded video

12 hours ago, Numbers said:

Thanks.  Just checked this morning and apparently it's no different than earlier.  FWIW, here's the total combined list;

Cincinnati Bengal

RB Devwah Whaley
WR Scotty Washington
OL Josh Knipfel
OL Clay Cordasco
LB Kendall Futrell
LB Marcel Spears Jr.
CB Isaiah Swann

Two more (per cincyjungle.com):

Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida 

Tyler Clark, DL, Georgia

Cincinnati Bengals updated 1149pm, April 26, 2020

RB Devwah Whaley
WR Scotty Washington
OL Josh Knipfel
OL Clay Cordasco
LB Kendall Futrell
LB Marcel Spears Jr.
CB Isaiah Swann

Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida 

Tyler Clark, DL, Georgia

DT Trey Dishon, Kansas State

Usually, we have a college free agent  or two that some of us fans are excited about, due mostly to measurables or familiarity.  I’m not seeing that this year.  Clark reportedly had a “draftable grade”, but his video is not impressive to me.  

Last I saw, UC’s Warren (RB) was yet to be picked up.  

Our number of free agents pales in comparison to most teams, but with things the way they are with the caronavirus, that might not be a bad thing.  With limited opportunities to work with the players, it is probably better to not have all of those extra players that have almost no chance of making the team.

🦗

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Got any info on him...

Found a receiver named Scotty Washinton drafted by Lions in 2001?

He was stabbed in a bar in Detroit.

Is this is dad?

Edited...that was Scotty Anderson..my bad..

Thus kid is another redzone target at 6'5 225lbs..slow though..

Scouting Report: Scotty Washington

School: Wake Forest Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 225 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Long and tall wide receiver prospect with a strong frame and good hands. Has also shined in big moments on special teams and even had an interception while defending a last ditch Hail Mary to help secure a win against NC State. Will be first viewed as a “post up” power forward type possession receiver, but has put up some tape that shows some open field speed. Can dominate in the slot as smaller defenders have a very difficult time getting position against his imposing frame.

Note: I am a Wake fan and have watched him play for the past 4 years.  Steady player.  The ACC Network had him and Sage Surratt rated as the best wide receiver group, above Clemson's duo before they both got injured.  It is an uphill battle but he can make the roster,  I think his ability to play special teams will help. 

I actually am really curious about the DB from Dartmouth - he's got the size 6'0 195 pounds and measurables 4.4 in the 40 and 39" vertical to go with the kind of productivity you would want to see at the level he was playing at to match those numbers (17 INTs). If I had to bet on someone making a splash in whatever camp there is this year from the UDFA class, my money is on him. 

3 hours ago, NCStripes said:

Scouting Report: Scotty Washington

School: Wake Forest Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 225 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Long and tall wide receiver prospect with a strong frame and good hands. Has also shined in big moments on special teams and even had an interception while defending a last ditch Hail Mary to help secure a win against NC State. Will be first viewed as a “post up” power forward type possession receiver, but has put up some tape that shows some open field speed. Can dominate in the slot as smaller defenders have a very difficult time getting position against his imposing frame.

Note: I am a Wake fan and have watched him play for the past 4 years.  Steady player.  The ACC Network had him and Sage Surratt rated as the best wide receiver group, above Clemson's duo before they both got injured.  It is an uphill battle but he can make the roster,  I think his ability to play special teams will help. 

Tks so much...

Cincy Jungle thinks Clark (DL) and the TE are the most coveted guys.

We also signed Perine (RB) and a LB off waivers.

I believe some of these guys have a legit shot, particularly the lineman, LBs, and TE.

Our Dline depth is: Lawson (safe, but final year of contract), Kareem (5th round pick), Brown, Wren, Glasgow, and Tupou (still hasn't signed offer). Beyond Lawson, who is a real, proven guy?

Ditto on the O line. I mean, most aren't enamored much with the starters. Beyond Johnson (if he does not beat Hart out): Price (C/G), Redmond, Adeniji, Prince, & Dugas. Jettisoning Price costs us money, so he is probably safe, but I think a spot or two is open here.

Ditto TE. We will likely keep 4lat least 4. CJ, Sample, and Carter aren't wowing anyone, much less Schreck & Franks.

LB. Assume Bynes & Pratt start. Wilson & AGB are locks. Probably Bailey (if he is healthy). But we likely keep 6. Jordan Evans & Sheldon are the incumbents. 1-2 spots open.

4 hours ago, IsaacCurtis:TheReal#85 said:

Cincy Jungle thinks Clark (DL) and the TE are the most coveted guys.

We also signed Perine (RB) and a LB off waivers.

I believe some of these guys have a legit shot, particularly the lineman, LBs, and TE.

Our Dline depth is: Lawson (safe, but final year of contract), Kareem (5th round pick), Brown, Wren, Glasgow, and Tupou (still hasn't signed offer). Beyond Lawson, who is a real, proven guy?

Ditto on the O line. I mean, most aren't enamored much with the starters. Beyond Johnson (if he does not beat Hart out): Price (C/G), Redmond, Adeniji, Prince, & Dugas. Jettisoning Price costs us money, so he is probably safe, but I think a spot or two is open here.

Ditto TE. We will likely keep 4lat least 4. CJ, Sample, and Carter aren't wowing anyone, much less Schreck & Franks.

LB. Assume Bynes & Pratt start. Wilson & AGB are locks. Probably Bailey (if he is healthy). But we likely keep 6. Jordan Evans & Sheldon are the incumbents. 1-2 spots open.

I think Spears could push the last two.

16 hours ago, spicoli said:

Hubbard?

I was talking about depth. Hubbard is a starter. 

I really think ST performance/viability could really determine a lot of spots on the roster. Not just within a position group but between position groups. 

Does a 6th-7th WR give you more on ST than a 5th S or 6th-7th CB?

Does a 6th LB give you more than a 5th RB or a 4th-5th TE?

Finally got around to checking out the UDFA and it seems like we landed some interesting prospects.   Based off some of the lists I found, the best of the bunch are Clark, Knipfel, Wilcox, and Swann.  Odds are a couple of them make the roster and I'd guess they'll come from those four.

For what it's worth, rostered guys by draft round:

1st:  (7). Burrow, Green, J. Williams, Waynes, Jackson, Ross, Price.

2nd (10). Dunlap, Mixon, Boyd, Bell, Bates, Higgins, Bernard, Su'a-Filo, Alexander, Sample, 

3rd (4). Pratt, Hubbard, S. Williams, Wilson.

4th (6-8). Atkins, Jordan, Lawson, Davis-Gaither, Glasgow, Finley,  Wren, Perine.

5th (7-8). Reader, Uzomah, Huber, Bullock, Phillips, Kareem, A. Brown, Sims.

6th: (3+).  B. Wilson, T. Williams, Schreck, Adeniji, Evans, Anderson, Thomas, Prince, Boehringer. 

7th (4). Hart, Tate, Harris, Bailey.

UDFA (7+). Bynes, Hopkins, F. Johnson, Tupou, Erickson, Carter, Redmond, Willis, Sheldon, Morgan, McTyer, Mabin, T. Henderson, Franks, Irwin, Akinmoladun, Lodge, Rose, Brown, Dugas, Godsil, Dolegala, Calitro, Patrick.

Plus the 10 UDFAs we have in this thread.

We'll have more UDFA's make the roster than guys drafted in any round save perhaps the 2nd. 

Archived