Your grade for the 2020 Bengals Draft ? (+ media grades)

GRADE THE BENGALS 2020 NFL DRAFT  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What grade does the 2020 Bengals NFL draft get from you ?

• A+
    • A
    • A -
    • B+
    • B
    • B -
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. What most closely sums up your outlook at the moment?

• I keep thinking I am dreaming. The last 3 days were Bonertastic!
    • I've already googled Tampa hotel rooms around next year's Super Bowl time.
    • I am irrationally optimistic and don't care. Burrow will win a playoff game this year! Who Fucking Dey!
    • I'm pretty happy, but tempered, just because I know how the universe treats Bengals fans.
    • I am feeling ok. But right now all of this is just talk. I will wait to be excited until I see some wins.
    • I'm feeling a little bummed. I wanted other players. I think that not enough has changed. #GrumpyQuarantine
  3. 3. Grade just the JOE BURROW pick?

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C
    • D
    • F
  4. 4. Grade just the TEE HIGGINS pick?

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C
    • D
    • F

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Williams was cleared to play late last season, health should not be an issue at all. 

But he didn't. Was he practicing with the team? I never saw anything saying he was, or photos etc. Just that he had been 'cleared".

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

But he didn't. Was he practicing with the team? I never saw anything saying he was, or photos etc. Just that he had been 'cleared".

He practiced in December. In the Booth podcast with hoard right before the draft just this week he was on as a guest. He confirmed he is 100%, fully medically cleared, working out with no restrictions, and if practice were tomorrow he would be a full participant.

My favorite picks after Burrow are Higgins and Hakeem Adeniji.

Higgins will be a baller from day 1.

Hakeem will bring much needed depth to the O Line.

I even heard him say he has also practiced at C.

He probably needs to add about 20 -30 lbs to play guard, but I honestly love him as the backup LT

2 hours ago, membengal said:

He practiced in December. In the Booth podcast with hoard right before the draft just this week he was on as a guest. He confirmed he is 100%, fully medically cleared, working out with no restrictions, and if practice were tomorrow he would be a full participant.

🙏

On 4/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, Jason said:

I'm not going to grade the draft, but I'm happy overall.  I wish they had done more to improve the O-line, but this team got a LOT better since March.

This is my view as well. We got better but until I see good oline play I think we are still a year away from playoffs.

This article has some interesting nuggets in it:

https://theathletic.com/1776209/2020/04/26/dehner-jr-draft-takeaways-how-culture-and-image-helped-bengals-own-the-moment/

It was noted to me at the end of last season that there were far too few people on the roster who do everything the right way all the time. That goes from practicing hard every day to taking notes in meetings to doing the extra work to film study to game-day execution.

You can thank Merv for that, players tuned out in the last 3 years under him.

The Bengals had a dynamic new commercial featuring Burrow ready to go. Their social media game was fun and engaging at a much higher level than we’ve seen.

The Bengals have made hires this offseason to focus on image, branding and reconnecting with the fan base, specifically with Troy and Katie Blackburn’s 27-year-old daughter, Elizabeth, coming on board in the new position of director of strategy and engagement.

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

...with Troy and Katie Blackburn’s 27-year-old daughter, Elizabeth, coming on board in the new position of director of strategy and engagement.

So, they’re trying to get her married off?

😎

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.  I’m not thrilled with even more nepotism with this team...and that sure sounds like a made-up position.  

However, I have been on board with Zac Taylor from dey one...and this article (and this past draft) tells me that we are definitely on the right track with regards to player personnel.  

If Zac can take a couple steps up with his play-calling, we will surprise some teams this year...assuming that there IS a season.

:dance:

31 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Elizabeth Blackburn has a profile on Linkedn, she has some creds - Dartmouth grad

Thats Mike's alma mater as well..

Im not selling her short till i see what shes bringing to the table ..

If its all about marketing this team with newer and bolder ideas i say . Go Girl ..Bout time! 

I think the one, big thing I like about the moves, both in fee agency and the draft, is the emphasis out on getting guys in then building with smarts and leadership qualities. 

It seems like all Marvin ever wanted was “more speed.” And, while he did acquire some great athletes with good ability, there did seem to always been an inconsistency in terms of the intelligence from player to player. And, I think that’s putting in kindly. Carson could throw the rock but wasn’t much of a leader. 

Of course its way too early to tell how this team is going to come together and perform, but a smarter football team with good dudes is refreshing. 

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats Mike's alma mater as well..

Im not selling her short till i see what shes bringing to the table ..

If its all about marketing this team with newer and bolder ideas i say . Go Girl ..Bout time! 

I think one of the first things she should do is bring Chad Johnson on as an employee of the Bengals marketing department.

He does a lot working with young Bengals and also some of the vets.

Is a great spokesman for the team reaching out and talking up the team.

w3zLZrgh_bigger.jpg

I think we should all meet up & run routes, @Joe_Burrow10 you’re the QB, I’ll play DB & lock up @WatchJRoss @lil_t8te @ajgreen_18 @teehiggins5 & @boutdat_23, they won’t get open on me, we can break down the film after over McDonald’s, thoughts❓

😂😂 I could use an off-season warm-up my guy... shake the rust off on you

Green, Ross, Boyd & Higgins w/ me as an assistant WR coach (i can dream) 💭

The whole article is good, btw

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/27/21238409/bengals-news-chad-johnson-twitter-joe-burrow-tee-higgins

P.S.  Yeah, Chad, I can dream about you being an assistant wide receiver coach, too.  Would love to see it happen.

4 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

I think the one, big thing I like about the moves, both in fee agency and the draft, is the emphasis out on getting guys in then building with smarts and leadership qualities. 

It seems like all Marvin ever wanted was “more speed.” And, while he did acquire some great athletes with good ability, there did seem to always been an inconsistency in terms of the intelligence from player to player. And, I think that’s putting in kindly. Carson could throw the rock but wasn’t much of a leader. 

Of course its way too early to tell how this team is going to come together and perform, but a smarter football team with good dudes is refreshing. 

Could not agree more.

We should have a firm no knucklehead policy for a couple years.

Heh, watch this draft recap put together by the team and published to Bengals.com:

https://www.bengals.com/video/every-cincinnati-bengals-2020-draft-pick

Maybe all y'all already knew this, but I just accidentally figured out that the "ans on the TV screen behind Roger were all pre-recorded.  Of course you wouldn't've spotted this if you were watching live, since our picks were 24h apart at first, but when played back-to-back-to-back it jumps right out.    Roger turning around and waving at each teams' fans during Thursday/Friday night's selections was all staged - he was waiving at a recording.

Don't believe me?  Okay, find the guy in the center with the big foam hat - I think he goes by Who Dey Baby.  Watch him during the Burrow pick, then watch him again during the Higgins pick.  

On 4/27/2020 at 3:11 PM, thezerawkid said:

I'm real OK with the apparent criteria of leadership and intelligence with this draft, we'll know in a couple of years for sure but I like it for now.

Well they might lead the league in drafting captains ..

Added a weapon in Tee...

Good tough backer in Wilson and speed in Gaither..

Nice signings to bring in alot of speed in the Dbackfield..

Reader is a beast..he and. Geno are as good a duo as it gets..

My guy is Adeniji...gonna be a nice guard soon..

All in all the draft and FAs....an A...

On 4/27/2020 at 7:18 PM, IsaacCurtis:TheReal#85 said:

Could not agree more.

We should have a firm no knucklehead policy for a couple years.

100% correct.... That's the first thing that stuck out to me with whole draft picture this year. Not only did we get guys that can play but all were either coaches sons or team captains. Guys that lead and know what it takes and loves football. Think Zac and company are trying to change culture in the locker room as well. Looking forward to season big time!

Archived