Dalton Released

whodey365

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

fuck him.

wasted a decade of my life, wasted a top 10 defense, wasted the prime of AJs career.

he got paid $83,000,000 to drop the ball.... i mean literally and figuratively...

good fucking riddance. 

worst 10 years of my sports life.

what could possibly be worse than know you had no chance to win it all? after two playoff games, you knew he couldnt do it.. the dfense outscored him in one of them. 

and to sit there for 7 more season with that nightmare looming, knowing the defense and weapons would drag him into the playoffs 3 more time... (one he didnt play, and unironically thats the one we technically won if the refs didnt fuck us 3 times.

no more backfield screen pass interceptions..... no more throwing a pick and hurting yourslf making a tackle. no more fumbling with no one around you in the playoffs. no more squeeky girly voice in pre game hype talks or playoffs after throwing a pick.

its. finally. fucking. over.

Get bent

Wait, what?

I thought a team was going to give the Bengals a draft pick to get one the worst NFL QBs in 2019 and a playoff loser?  Really, they didn't?

A dose of reality to clueless Bengal fans. 

Dullton should have cut years ago.  But hey, at least he did great in garbage time beating the Ravens and helping the Bills. 

Good riddance.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

fuck him.

wasted a decade of my life, wasted a top 10 defense, wasted the prime of AJs career.

he got paid $83,000,000 to drop the ball.... i mean literally and figuratively...

good fucking riddance. 

worst 10 years of my sports life.

what could possibly be worse than know you had no chance to win it all? after two playoff games, you knew he couldnt do it.. the dfense outscored him in one of them. 

and to sit there for 7 more season with that nightmare looming, knowing the defense and weapons would drag him into the playoffs 3 more time... (one he didnt play, and unironically thats the one we technically won if the refs didnt fuck us 3 times.

no more backfield screen pass interceptions..... no more throwing a pick and hurting yourslf making a tackle. no more fumbling with no one around you in the playoffs. no more squeeky girly voice in pre game hype talks or playoffs after throwing a pick.

its. finally. fucking. over.

Amen!!

But no one was ever gonna trade for that salary. 

Good news is we are $14 mil under the cap. Extensions for Green & Mixon, and maybe Ross (if it is modest) are easier. We can add some vet OL/DL/TE help if we want. Or we can hold out & see if a big ticket guy gets cut (like we had to) and we pounce on the chance.

Interesting options.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I wish him well and hope he wins a Super Bowl ring with the Patriots.

A real class act and I'll miss him.

I dont think hes going to NE...

Billy B. likes Stidham..

I watched film on Stidham and he impresses...

Dalton to JAX might happen..

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Wait, what?

I thought a team was going to give the Bengals a draft pick to get one the worst NFL QBs in 2019 and a playoff loser?  Really, they didn't?

A dose of reality to clueless Bengal fans. 

Dullton should have cut years ago.  But hey, at least he did great in garbage time beating the Ravens and helping the Bills. 

Good riddance.

No, a clueless Bengals fan would think an average NFL QB like Dalton can make a team with a TERRIBLE offensive line, injured WRs and a bad running game make a playoff run.  It is utterly ridiculous.  

Dalton was an emergency pick due to the Quitter.  The fact he managed to lead a 4-12 team to the playoffs the next year is pretty amazing.

The cold hard fact is the Front office kept him around.  They could have picked Mahomes but didn't, they chose Ross.  If you want to blame anyone for Dalton being here 9 years its Mike Brown, Duke Tobin and Marvin Lewis.  Why people continue to shit on Dalton bewilders me. 

Good for Dalton.  New he can sign wherever he wants.  Good guy, half-assed QB.  I'm not going to gush over him.  He made a lot of dough and his performance when it counted was awful.  No matter the OL, the Bengals were never going anywhere with Dalton at QB. 

I called it!  I told you all nobody wanted the Mediocre QB! Good Bye Little Red BB Gun!  He will probably be picked up now for Cheap and carry a clip board doing nothing but collecting $1M.  The life of a back-up QB, best position in football. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

No, a clueless Bengals fan would think an average NFL QB like Dalton can make a team with a TERRIBLE offensive line, injured WRs and a bad running game make a playoff run.  It is utterly ridiculous.  

Dalton was an emergency pick due to the Quitter.  The fact he managed to lead a 4-12 team to the playoffs the next year is pretty amazing.

The cold hard fact is the Front office kept him around.  They could have picked Mahomes but didn't, they chose Ross.  If you want to blame anyone for Dalton being here 9 years its Mike Brown, Duke Tobin and Marvin Lewis.  Why people continue to shit on Dalton bewilders me. 

Agree with most of this. 

His rookie year was great.  He didn't really improve that much afterwards.  That's the problem

And we saw how good Jones and Sanu were after they left.  A better QB would have done so much more with the weapons he had. 

The "best" thing about Dullton lately is how badly he sucked this year - instead of just being his mediocre self.  Allowing the Bengals to get #1. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

You mean the Bengals 7th ranked D is why they made the playoffs.  Their offense was 20th ranked.

53 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

You mean the Bengals 7th ranked D is why they made the playoffs.  Their offense was 20th ranked.

And how many rookie QBs start game one on a 4-12 team, throw for 20 TDs and have a QB rating of over 80?  

Oh, and Dalton and the offense managed this with a brand new playbook ala the new offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. 

Man I am going to laugh my ass off when Pittsburgh signs him. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

And how many rookie QBs start game one on a 4-12 team, throw for 20 TDs and have a QB rating of over 80?   Oh, and Dalton managed this with a brand new playbook ala the new offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. 

They wont...

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

They wont...

Vegas gives them decent odds. Pats, Jags, Stealers.  Jen isn’t throwing yet and Charles Barkley said Ben looks really fat. 

Their other back ups suck, Dalton knows the division and has played well against the Ravens and Clowns. 

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Vegas gives them decent odds. Pats, Jags, Stealers.  Jen isn’t throwing yet and Charles Barkley said Ben looks really fat

Their other back ups suck, Dalton knows the division and has played well against the Ravens and Clowns. 

Now that's funny!!!

Oh and...

:steelerssuck:

I really, really, hope Andy doesn't end up there...for his sake as well as mine.

2 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Now that's funny!!!

Oh and...

:steelerssuck:

I really, really, hope Andy doesn't end up there...for his sake as well as mine.

Yeah, it would suck if he went there but it would be such a Pittsburgh move. 

33 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And how many rookie QBs start game one on a 4-12 team, throw for 20 TDs and have a QB rating of over 80?  

Oh, and Dalton and the offense managed this with a brand new playbook ala the new offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. 

And if the Stillers go 12-4 with Dullton sitting his ass on the bench the whole time, you will have proven your point...how?

I have no problems with the Bengals resigning him for a backup QB salary.   Of course the dumbest media in the country like Paul Dehner will say he should be starting when Burrow throws his first pick. 

Archived