Dalton Released

whodey365

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

In Burfict's defense, he had one of the greatest games ever played by a Bengal's defensive player.  He almost single handily won the game by forcing a fumble we recovered, killing Big Jen and picking off Landry Jones with the lead and only 1:43 left in the game.   In fact Rey Mag,  Burfict  and the defensive line had huge games, perhaps one of the best defensive games the team ever played.    

Fuck Jeremy Hill. 

Amen!!

Fuck Jeremy Hill.

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, a clueless Bengals fan would think an average NFL QB like Dalton can make a team with a TERRIBLE offensive line, injured WRs and a bad running game make a playoff run.  It is utterly ridiculous.  

Dalton was an emergency pick due to the Quitter.  The fact he managed to lead a 4-12 team to the playoffs the next year is pretty amazing.

The cold hard fact is the Front office kept him around.  They could have picked Mahomes but didn't, they chose Ross.  If you want to blame anyone for Dalton being here 9 years its Mike Brown, Duke Tobin and Marvin Lewis.  Why people continue to shit on Dalton bewilders me. 

Thank you!  Everyone is disappointed with how things went, but the guy was nothing but class.  Slamming him now just comes off as nasty.

Dalton deserves credit for taking over when Palmer quit during a lockout.  Five straight playoff appearances is also a legit accomplishment.  Bottom line, the guy maximized his talent, which was average.   Decent athlete with a decent arm, nothing more.  We repeatedly saw his ceiling and he came up small repeatedly in big games.  He had quality talent around him on both sides of the ball for the first half of his career and his play dropped off noticeably with his loss of supporting cast.  We should have been trying to upgrade from him for years but that's not the Bengal way.  I'm looking forward to not watching the Dalton show anymore.

10 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Chad, Owens, Housh, Henry... etc...

Whitworth was with both.  Didn't help much when he was with the Rams...

The defense was about the same when you average it all out.  

Nah man, Palmer played with 1 top 10 defense his entire career with Cincy.  Most were ranked in the bottom half.  Palmer was always under more pressure to carry the team. 

This is a smart move, with this season being a compromised one, in reality it will be a very long preseason for the new squad to gel and be ready for the next real season of football.

Good Luck to Andy, nice bloke, kept this team together but just not quite good enough to carry the team to wins in primetime or playoffs.  

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Comments like this are just ridiculous

They gave him 9 years

They gave him AJ, Jones, Sanu, Eifert

They gave him Whitworth

The defense he played with was far better than the mid 2000s that Carson played for (starting safeties Ohehateme and Wasteverharn)

Almost every other team in the league would have drafted a QB in the first round prior to this one. 

They gave a him a second chance after 2016...and he failed. 

no, Comments like this are just ridiculous.  they gave him centers of guisuck and then bodine , and as far as 2nd chances after 2016?  they  let jones and sanu leave before 2016 season ..... then let  whit and zeitler leave before 2017 season. .  learn your facts before you post like you have a clue.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Do you think that the Bengals have already thrown Andy a reasonable offer for a backup QB?  :shrug: 

Mikes going to let him feel out the offers..

Three things in valuing a person..

Truth ..Trust..Respect..

Lose one..lose them all...

Dalton has that with the old man..

Edited just now..

No I dont think Dalton will play for the Bengals anymore..

Theyve all said their best wishes and goodbyes..

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I guess I wasn't clear.  I meant that Andy never really had any competition for his QB job.  I think he would have been mentally tougher if he had.

I think not lol..

He gave you what he had physically and mentaliy..

Just wasnt enough to make a run at Super Bowl..

Dalton to his credit worked hard and I have no doubt have football everything he had. But it was just not elite level, nothing to be ashamed of, very few hit that level and get better with more pressure. I have no hard feelings against him, more against the organization for not pursuing a better option. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Dalton to his credit worked hard and I have no doubt have football everything he had. But it was just not elite level, nothing to be ashamed of, very few hit that level and get better with more pressure. I have no hard feelings against him, more against the organization for not pursuing a better option. 

It was all good when he made the playoffs ..then the bad performances on center stage..

We all knew he could never take us to the Big Game..

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

And the referee who didn't flag Joey Porter.

Still remember that do you..lol

Steeler front seven been puttin it on us forever..

There's a lesson there..

Bengals definately improved that area...

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

any normal owner/GM would have gotten rid of ... PacMan

I loved Pac's passion ... if the Bengals had 5 more like him they would have won more playoff games and perhaps a Super Bowl. Give me 1 Pacman over 10 Dalton's any day. That wet noodle won't be missed.  

Watching this clip still stings, as PAC DID NOTHING WRONG on the Porter issue ...

Bengals vs Jets | The League Ambassadors

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

And the referee who didn't flag Joey Porter.

Still dumbfounded how this is NOT A FUCKING PENALTY ON PORTER

all up in our huddle when he's not even allowed on the damn field! (blood pressure shoots back up) ...

Steelers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

12 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I loved Pac's passion ... if the Bengals had 5 more like him they would have won more playoff games and perhaps a Super Bowl. Give me 1 Pacman over 10 Dalton's any day. That wet noodle won't be missed.  

Watching this clip still stings, as PAC DID NOTHING WRONG on the Porter issue ...

Bengals vs Jets | The League Ambassadors

Well your talking about completely different positions..

On the field.diagnosing offensive schemes he was top notch...he did play

with tremendous passion albeit over the limit at times..alot of times...

He would make a good DB coach for the Bengals ..IF..Zach likens to his less than socially  normal deameanor..

One thing to note..

He'd coach his ass off for his grampa Mike..

Valuable commodity to some team in the future..

9 hours ago, GoBengals said:

fuck him.

wasted a decade of my life, wasted a top 10 defense, wasted the prime of AJs career.

he got paid $83,000,000 to drop the ball.... i mean literally and figuratively...

good fucking riddance. 

worst 10 years of my sports life.

what could possibly be worse than know you had no chance to win it all? after two playoff games, you knew he couldnt do it.. the dfense outscored him in one of them. 

and to sit there for 7 more season with that nightmare looming, knowing the defense and weapons would drag him into the playoffs 3 more time... (one he didnt play, and unironically thats the one we technically won if the refs didnt fuck us 3 times.

no more backfield screen pass interceptions..... no more throwing a pick and hurting yourslf making a tackle. no more fumbling with no one around you in the playoffs. no more squeeky girly voice in pre game hype talks or playoffs after throwing a pick.

its. finally. fucking. over.

Damn, what did you do the last 10 years of your life?

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He would make a good DB coach for the Bengals ..IF..Zach likens to his less than socially less than normal deameanor..

He'd coach his ass off for his grampa Mike..

I would love to see both Pac and Burfict as assistant coaches for the organization as they are the exact kind of personalities that players would rally behind and run through a wall for.

Burfict in particular is very intelligent schematically and I think would be an amazing defensive coordinator / LB coach.

Just now, BlackJesus said:

I would love to see both Pac and Burfict as assistant coaches for the organization as they are the exact kind of personalities that players would rally behind and run through a wall for.

Burfict in particular is very intelligent schematically and I think would be an amazing defensive coordinator.

Your spot on..

You want a coach that can exillerate his 

unit..

You know they're be up for that..

They both were breaking down offenses as players in the film rooms..

Plus...they respect Mike and would be all in into changing this defense for the better..

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Burfict in particular is very intelligent schematically and I think would be an amazing defensive coordinator / LB coach.

Are you being serious? Both personalities are what we should avoid going forward IMO.

16 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Two guys who can’t control their emotions.  Pass. 

16 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Are you being serious? Both personalities are what we should avoid going forward IMO.

I'm 100% serious. I think the Bengals were good BECAUSE of guys like them, not in spite of them. Once guys like them left the playoffs ended and the teams fell apart. 

Football is a violent game and you need those kind of fire-starters to motivate the appropriate amount of passion to play violently.

In most eras the Burficts of the NFL would be celebrated with statues and be on every NFL films highlight reel knocking people out. He's the 'Iron Mike' and Lawrence Taylor of the 2010s ... but we now have an era because of the concussions where the NFL is in denial and trying to cover themselves from lawsuits. So they only want football played half way.

It is my view that on a good football team you need about 3-5 Burficts to motivate the others. You need confidence, moxy, bravado, cockiness, passion, and ENERGY to keep the other guys going and give them faith they can always win. Ideally your QB would be one of these leaders, but in the case of Dalton he was a Sunday School church mouse who wasn't going to inspire anyone. So Burfict and Pac picked up the slack. Now thankfully, Burrow has that same sort of confidence that a Burfict had -- with more impulse control thankfully.

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I'm 100% serious. I think the Bengals were good BECAUSE of guys like them, not in spite of them. Once guys like them left the playoffs ended and the teams fell apart. 

Football is a violent game and you need those kind of fire-starters to motivate the appropriate amount of passion to play violently.

In most eras the Burficts of the NFL would be celebrated with statues and be on every NFL films highlight reel knocking people out. He's the 'Iron Mike' and Lawrence Taylor of the 2010s ... but we now have an era because of the concussions where the NFL is in denial and trying to cover themselves from lawsuits. So they only want football played half way.

It is my view that on a good football team you need about 3-5 Burficts to motivate the others. You need confidence, moxy, bravado, cockiness, passion, and ENERGY to keep the other guys going and give them faith they can always win. Ideally your QB would be one of these leaders, but in the case of Dalton he was a Sunday School church mouse who wasn't going to inspire anyone. So Burfict and Pac picked up the slack. Now thankfully, Burrow has that same sort of confidence that a Burfict had -- with more impulse control thankfully.

OK, I understand your motivation angle but these 2 as coaches in my mind are even worse than Porter. King Roger would have to convene a committee to watch them.

Archived