Dalton haters

for some reason, the "Dalton Released" thread was "closed to further replies".

Well.....I have a further reply:

You know, I don't really get the hatred for Andy Dalton.

You can throw out all the " never won a playoff game, sucked at clutch time, interceptions and on and on and on.

I know - I was there too - with everyone else.

But here's the thing.....

Andy didn't ask to play for the Bengals, we drafted him.

He certainly isn't an elite quarterback - he is probably middle of the pack.

What he did do is show up every day and played as well as he was capable for this team.

You can't ask for more than that - give the best that you have.

He was never a distraction or a complainer, even when he was benched or had to live through the rest of the crap

that was this team - he stood tall and did the best that he could. He kept a great attitude and never bitched like so many player do.

He isn't Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson but he doesn't have that.

If you really have to blame someone - blame the front office for not finding a better replacement.

I think it would be hard to find a classier and more generous person than Andy.

That doesn't win playoff games - I get it - but Andy gave us the best that Andy had to give.

For those of you who have to hate and will probably dribble all over this post - have at it - that's your issue.

Best of luck Andy and thanks for all you gave this city!

I don't hate Dalton.

I just want him to be gone.   It has been obvious for 3 years that his best years (which were not All Pro caliber to begin with) were gone and yet the team was dumb enough to keep starting.

Even more astoundingly, fans continue to act like he's a solid player.

They didn't want to bench him when it was clear the season was lost and the team needed to see if the backup QB was any good

Foolishly thinking he was trade bait

Thinking that the smartest coach in recent NFL history wanted him to lead his team (Bwwha ha ha )

Do I care how he does with the Cowboys?  Nope, could care less.  Just like I didn't give a shit about Takeo Spikes, Boomer after he left, or Whitworth.

I'm a Bengal fan.  If Big Jen was starting for them Week 1, I'd cheer for him. 

26 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

The reason was enclosed inside that thread.  Should this thread go in that direction, then this one will be locked also.

I don’t hate Geno Atkins but I want him gone. The most over rated defensive player to play for Cincinnati in history.  5 playoff appearances and he shit the bed  every bit as bad as Andy Dalton. 

Seriously, TJ Yates and Arian Foster ran all over us in 2013  but hey, Geno had 4 tackles.  The next year same thing, Foster with 32 carries for 140 yards, Atkins had 3 tackles and didn’t touch Matt Schaub.   Chargers simply ran the ball knowing our front 4 sucked.   Of course the Stealers game was the exception,  Burfict, Nelson, Rey and our DBs had huge games,  Atkins was the exception with only 3 tackles and 1 QB hit. 

The guy has never had his unit ready to play in the playoffs other than the Stealers game. 

You can be glad Dalton is gone, but still wish him the best personally.  I don't hope he has success with the f'n Cowboys.  After the Stealers I despise them the most.

Have a good life, Andy, but I hope you and the Cowboys suck.

awesome,  now that  daltons been replaced and we've locked that thread due to petty name calling ,

the  oline will start actually block,

no more will our wifes or 4 year old children call out the plays before the snap.

the linebackers will now magically appear in the same frame as the RB or TE when they catch the ball over the middle,

the refs will begin calling  fouls correctly ,

the nfl  wont go to a commercial right before the bengals pick only to come back and be talking about the pick afterwards

the sun will come out and it will finally stop raining in cincinnati. 

and all it took was for Andy Dalton to be released. 

3 hours ago, HOF dan said:

You know, I don't really get the hatred for Andy Dalton.

You can throw out all the " never won a playoff game, sucked at clutch time, interceptions and on and on and on.

I know - I was there too - with everyone else.

But here's the thing.....

Andy didn't ask to play for the Bengals, we drafted him.

He certainly isn't an elite quarterback - he is probably middle of the pack.

What he did do is show up every day and played as well as he was capable for this team.

You can't ask for more than that - give the best that you have.

He was never a distraction or a complainer, even when he was benched or had to live through the rest of the crap

that was this team - he stood tall and did the best that he could. He kept a great attitude and never bitched like so many player do.

He isn't Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson but he doesn't have that.

If you really have to blame someone - blame the front office for not finding a better replacement.

I think it would be hard to find a classier and more generous person than Andy.

That doesn't win playoff games - I get it - but Andy gave us the best that Andy had to give.

For those of you who have to hate and will probably dribble all over this post - have at it - that's your issue.

Best of luck Andy and thanks for all you gave this city!

so because he was a nice guy,  we should have been elated to have a QB who couldnt get the job done for roughly a decade?  Fans want to see their team succeed. i do not care what he did in the city, his life, his time, his money, if he helped people, awesome, has nothing to do with me.

Whats most infuriating about dalton, is he actually has a big of an ego, and he really thinks he is a top QB. in his mic'd up playoff games, in his press conferences.  you see real leader QB's in a press conference, like brady, rodgers, luck, even palmer did it, they could throw 4-5 TD,s lose 40-42, and come out and say "i need to play better, i need to make more plays" and andy would come out after throwing 1-2 picks and no scores in a playoff game and say "we need to play better" like dude the defense scored a TD, the defense held the texans to 19 total points.  after the game he is told JJ watt called him the red rider bb gun, and in about as embarrassing of a comment as you can possibly make he said "thats uncalled for, there are kids watching"  

he is a walking talking butt fumble. 

that comment about jj watts comment, the multiple backfield screen pass interceptions, including breaking his own thumb making a tackle after one of them, the diving untouched fumble in the playoffs. 

there is nothing to have pride in with andy dalton.

why would anyone want 9 years of average QB play? after repeated proof that he cannot win anything that matters?

id like to think i am a pretty big bengals fan, i had season tickets for 13 years, several of which i as across the country, i had this place going for like 16 years now.. and andy drove me to not even watch FOOTBALL anymore.  there was no reason to watch, there was no chance of winning a playoff game, and fans got tired of being in QB purgatory.   good enough to not get cut, bad enough to never win. 

thats where us... "haters" are coming from. andy dalton made football not fun to even watch, and he thought he was king shit. he bitched publicl about being benched, as if if he was a top prospect someone wouldnt have worked out a deal for him in 1 day? if aaron rodgers got benched and the team gave him permission to seek a trade at 4pm with a 5pm deadline, the packers would be fielding 8 deals and one would have gone through. he is dlusional. he AGAIN blamed the bengals for his "late release" for not finding a team to start... his agent and his family needs to stop lyig to him, he is a starter on a terrible team, he is a backup at best otherwise.... 32 nfl teams agreed he isnt better than their current starter.. 

that list includes:  GARDNER MINSHEW!!, 40 yr old phillip rivers, ryan tannehill, derek carr, tyrod tailer, trubisky, cousins, and so on...  the OC who picked him in the draft who has gardner minshew, didnt offer him a deal...in favor fo gardner minshew..

and he is out there blaming the bengals...  andy dalton can kiss my ass.... the bengals game him a job, paid him 83 million to be mediocre, gave him a ton of weapons, and got NOTHING in return...

IMO...

4 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I'm a Bengal fan.  If Big Jen was starting for them Week 1, I'd cheer for him. 

If Jen was a paramedic and a member of my family needed saving, I'd root for him. Otherwise, there's not enough tiger stripes anybody can sew or paint onto his uniform to make me cheer for him. Cannot stand him. I'd just have to step away from the team until he was gone. 😄

I believe Dalton was an emergency pic after Palmer bailed out that ended up playing better than expected at first  and therefore ended up out staying his welcome. We should have grabbed a quarterback instead of Ross to replace him.  Either way he seems like a good person, I wish him well and I’m glad we drafted a top level quarterback. I’m finally excited for the season to begin. 

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

so because he was a nice guy,  we should have been elated to have a QB who couldnt get the job done for roughly a decade?  Fans want to see their team succeed. i do not care what he did in the city, his life, his time, his money, if he helped people, awesome, has nothing to do with me.

Whats most infuriating about dalton, is he actually has a big of an ego, and he really thinks he is a top QB. in his mic'd up playoff games, in his press conferences.  you see real leader QB's in a press conference, like brady, rodgers, luck, even palmer did it, they could throw 4-5 TD,s lose 40-42, and come out and say "i need to play better, i need to make more plays" and andy would come out after throwing 1-2 picks and no scores in a playoff game and say "we need to play better" like dude the defense scored a TD, the defense held the texans to 19 total points.  after the game he is told JJ watt called him the red rider bb gun, and in about as embarrassing of a comment as you can possibly make he said "thats uncalled for, there are kids watching"  

that comment about jj watts comment, the multiple backfield screen pass interceptions, including breaking his own thumb making a tackle after one of them, the diving untouched fumble in the playoffs. 

there is nothing to have pride in with andy dalton.

why would anyone want 9 years of average QB play? after repeated proof that he cannot win anything that matters?

id like to think i am a pretty big bengals fan, i had season tickets for 13 years, several of which i as across the country, i had this place going for like 16 years now.. and andy drove me to not even watch FOOTBALL anymore.  there was no reason to watch, there was no chance of winning a playoff game, and fans got tired of being in QB purgatory.   good enough to not get cut, bad enough to never win. 

thats where us... "haters" are coming from. andy dalton made football not fun to even watch, and he thought he was king shit. he bitched publicl about being benched, as if if he was a top prospect someone wouldnt have worked out a deal for him in 1 day? if aaron rodgers got benched and the team gave him permission to seek a trade at 4pm with a 5pm deadline, the packers would be fielding 8 deals and one would have gone through. he is dlusional. he AGAIN blamed the bengals for his "late release" for not finding a team to start... his agent and his family needs to stop lyig to him, he is a starter on a terrible team, he is a backup at best otherwise.... 32 nfl teams agreed he isnt better than their current starter.. 

that list includes:  GARDNER MINSHEW!!, 40 yr old phillip rivers, ryan tannehill, derek carr, tyrod tailer, trubisky, cousins, and so on...  the OC who picked him in the draft who has gardner minshew, didnt offer him a deal...in favor fo gardner minshew..

and he is out there blaming the bengals...  andy dalton can kiss my ass.... the bengals game him a job, paid him 83 million to be mediocre, gave him a ton of weapons, and got NOTHING in return...

IMO...

You can take this post and switch Andy Dalton with Carson Palmer and have the exact same results.  It was always fun watching Pick Six Palmer who blamed others for his failings besides himself.  Hell even Willie Anderson called him out on it but please keep telling us how Andy Dalton who had a better career with the Bengals is worse than the guy in your sig. 

I don’t mean to inflame anything beyond where it is, however, statistically speaking, Dalton, in nine years, was either this franchise’s best quarterback or second best, depending on how you weigh metrics. He compiled some pretty gaudy numbers.

Not having success in a number of specific games, well, given just how roundly, holistically the team shit the bed, I can’t bring myself firmly focus my ire on one, single guy.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/05/04/nfl-reveal-schedule-thursday/3082703001/

The NFL will reveal the entire 2020 schedule on Thursday, May 7 at 8 p.m. ET, the league announced Monday.

The Cincinnati Bengals know their home and away opponents, but on Thursday the NFL’s full game calendar will be released.

Bengals' 2020 opponents

Home 

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • New York Giants
  • Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Los Angeles Chargers

Away

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Houston Texans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Pittsburgh Stealers 
  • Washington Redskins
  • Miami Dolphins 

The NFL is considering contingency plans should the coronavirus pandemic continue.  

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oops... did I post something about football in an Andy Dalton thread?

My bad.

Good a place as any.

Have a nice day.

33 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/05/04/nfl-reveal-schedule-thursday/3082703001/

The NFL will reveal the entire 2020 schedule on Thursday, May 7 at 8 p.m. ET, the league announced Monday.

The Cincinnati Bengals know their home and away opponents, but on Thursday the NFL’s full game calendar will be released.

Bengals' 2020 opponents

Home 

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • New York Giants
  • Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Los Angeles Chargers

Away

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Houston Texans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Pittsburgh Stealers 
  • Washington Redskins
  • Miami Dolphins 

The NFL is considering contingency plans should the coronavirus pandemic continue.  

My bad.

Good a place as any.

Have a nice day.

THANK YOU! 

My son lives on Dalton Avenue in Deer Park. That street used to be awful, with pot holes IN pot holes.   I hated it.  

A couple years ago they repaved  it.  It’s pretty nice now.

So I used to be a “Dalton Hater”, but not anymore.   😎

[Appropriate for a “Dalton Haters” thread, right?  :shrug:

3 hours ago, spidey said:

You can take this post and switch Andy Dalton with Carson Palmer and have the exact same results.  It was always fun watching Pick Six Palmer who blamed others for his failings besides himself.  Hell even Willie Anderson called him out on it but please keep telling us how Andy Dalton who had a better career with the Bengals is worse than the guy in your sig. 

incorrect.

At the end of that one you would have to put..and then he quit on the team like a bitch, so at least he's gone.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals' 2020 opponents

Home 

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • New York Giants
  • Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Los Angeles Chargers

Away

• Baltimore Ravens
  • Cleveland Browns 
  • Houston Texans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Pittsburgh Stealers 
  • Washington Redskins
  • Miami Dolphins 

My bad.

Good a place as any.

Have a nice day.

I definitely will be attending the Texans game.

Buying the closest available tickets on the Bengals side Friday morning 😎

Never forget that Dalton only came here because Palmer quit during a lockout.  It was probably the worst time possible to have your franchise QB refuse to play and Dalton played well enough as a rookie to win 9 games and back into the playoffs.   That's a legit accomplishment, as was the 5 straight playoff appearances from 2011-2015.  The problem was that Dalton (and the team in general) repeatedly came up small in big games and we pretty much knew his ceiling by 2013.  A better organization would have been looking to upgrade for years, like the Chiefs and Ravens did recently.   The Bengals never did until it completely bottomed out and it was extremely frustrating to watch the last 3-4 years.  Dalton wasn't good enough to overcome the decline of his cast and the overall roster.  Few QB's probably could.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, GoBengals said:

This is a great comment.  If the Bengals and Dalton were a bigger name nationally, his fumble without being touched would have been one of the worst plays of the decade.

I agree - the guy is a total chump.  You left out that he was crying that he was benched on his birthday.  I thought only 10 year olds thought of things like that.

Archived