Dalton haters

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

I don’t hate Geno Atkins but I want him gone. The most over rated defensive player to play for Cincinnati in history.  5 playoff appearances and he shit the bed  every bit as bad as Andy Dalton. 

Seriously, TJ Yates and Arian Foster ran all over us in 2013  but hey, Geno had 4 tackles.  The next year same thing, Foster with 32 carries for 140 yards, Atkins had 3 tackles and didn’t touch Matt Schaub.   Chargers simply ran the ball knowing our front 4 sucked.   Of course the Stealers game was the exception,  Burfict, Nelson, Rey and our DBs had huge games,  Atkins was the exception with only 3 tackles and 1 QB hit. 

The guy has never had his unit ready to play in the playoffs other than the Stealers game. 

You dont think playoff teams scheme to deal with their biggest threat?  Everybody focused on Geno, our other guys never could step up.

8 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

You dont think playoff teams scheme to deal with their biggest threat?  Everybody focused on Geno, our other guys never could step up.

Yeah, when did Johnson or Dunlap ever make a play in the playoffs? 

21 hours ago, GoBengals said:

so because he was a nice guy,  we should have been elated to have a QB who couldnt get the job done for roughly a decade?  Fans want to see their team succeed. i do not care what he did in the city, his life, his time, his money, if he helped people, awesome, has nothing to do with me.

Whats most infuriating about dalton, is he actually has a big of an ego, and he really thinks he is a top QB. in his mic'd up playoff games, in his press conferences.  you see real leader QB's in a press conference, like brady, rodgers, luck, even palmer did it, they could throw 4-5 TD,s lose 40-42, and come out and say "i need to play better, i need to make more plays" and andy would come out after throwing 1-2 picks and no scores in a playoff game and say "we need to play better" like dude the defense scored a TD, the defense held the texans to 19 total points.  after the game he is told JJ watt called him the red rider bb gun, and in about as embarrassing of a comment as you can possibly make he said "thats uncalled for, there are kids watching"  

he is a walking talking butt fumble. 

that comment about jj watts comment, the multiple backfield screen pass interceptions, including breaking his own thumb making a tackle after one of them, the diving untouched fumble in the playoffs. 

there is nothing to have pride in with andy dalton.

why would anyone want 9 years of average QB play? after repeated proof that he cannot win anything that matters?

id like to think i am a pretty big bengals fan, i had season tickets for 13 years, several of which i as across the country, i had this place going for like 16 years now.. and andy drove me to not even watch FOOTBALL anymore.  there was no reason to watch, there was no chance of winning a playoff game, and fans got tired of being in QB purgatory.   good enough to not get cut, bad enough to never win. 

thats where us... "haters" are coming from. andy dalton made football not fun to even watch, and he thought he was king shit. he bitched publicl about being benched, as if if he was a top prospect someone wouldnt have worked out a deal for him in 1 day? if aaron rodgers got benched and the team gave him permission to seek a trade at 4pm with a 5pm deadline, the packers would be fielding 8 deals and one would have gone through. he is dlusional. he AGAIN blamed the bengals for his "late release" for not finding a team to start... his agent and his family needs to stop lyig to him, he is a starter on a terrible team, he is a backup at best otherwise.... 32 nfl teams agreed he isnt better than their current starter.. 

that list includes:  GARDNER MINSHEW!!, 40 yr old phillip rivers, ryan tannehill, derek carr, tyrod tailer, trubisky, cousins, and so on...  the OC who picked him in the draft who has gardner minshew, didnt offer him a deal...in favor fo gardner minshew..

and he is out there blaming the bengals...  andy dalton can kiss my ass.... the bengals game him a job, paid him 83 million to be mediocre, gave him a ton of weapons, and got NOTHING in return...

IMO...

Don’t forget the time in a post game press conference where Mixon interrupted after they won and said, so this it is what it is like to talk to the press, then Andy was not getting anymore questions thrown his way and stomped off like the little egotistical baby he really is.  He said out loud, you guys got it!  He thinks he is the only one who should get the spotlight.  Pathetic! 

12 hours ago, spidey said:

You can take this post and switch Andy Dalton with Carson Palmer and have the exact same results.  It was always fun watching Pick Six Palmer who blamed others for his failings besides himself.  Hell even Willie Anderson called him out on it but please keep telling us how Andy Dalton who had a better career with the Bengals is worse than the guy in your sig. 

Carson had a devastating injury as we all know and was never the same after that, yea, he was able to play, but I really believe he would’ve helped us win a SB if that never occurred.  

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Carson had a devastating injury as we all know and was never the same after that, yea, he was able to play, but I really believe he would’ve helped us win a SB if that never occurred.  

quitters don't win super bowls 

5 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Wait, are you saying that all the other team had to do was focus on Geno since the rest of the defense was meh?  Interesting. 

On 5/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, HOF dan said:

If you really have to blame someone - blame the front office for not finding a better replacement.

I

Done and. Done. 

Nah I have enough hate for both 

10 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Might have been able to win that playoff game (we were leading at the half, no?) had he manned up, stuck around on the sidelines, and gave them something to fight for.  But we'll never know because deep down he was always a quitter. 

CARSON PALMER WILL NEVER FORGET THAT LONG ride home, his iced-up knee not so much in pain but numb, like the rest of him. He was lying on his side, sprawled across the backseat of his Chevy Tahoe, staring out an open window as his wife, Shaelyn, pulled away from the downtown stadium and up Third Street. The stadium lights were sparkling (exploding is the way he remembers them) as the crowd noise rose and fell...

Fans set arbitrary standards and then fail to remain consistent with them. If we want we can hate Boomer forever because he stunk up the field in the Super Bowl. Kenny Anderson must have been hot garbage; he threw two interceptions to the 49ers and let his team fall behind 20-0.

The good things don't matter when you can't get over the bad things. It's a mindset for entitled little shits.

7 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

Fans set arbitrary standards and then fail to remain consistent with them. If we want we can hate Boomer forever because he stunk up the field in the Super Bowl. Kenny Anderson must have been hot garbage; he threw two interceptions to the 49ers and let his team fall behind 20-0.

The good things don't matter when you can't over the bad things. It's a mindset for entitled little shits.

I don’t set an arbitrary standard.  Win a fucking playoff game, that is my standard.  And 7 or 8 wins next year means shit to me.  It’s the same loser bullshit mindset every year.    “Gee, if we play a little better next year that would be awesome.”

The Bengals have exceeded expectations in maybe 2 seasons in the last 30 years, 2003 and 2011.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I don’t set an arbitrary standard.  Win a fucking playoff game, that is my standard.  And 7 or 8 wins next year means shit to me.  It’s the same loser bullshit mindset every year.    “Gee, if we play a little better next year that would be awesome.”

The Bengals have exceeded expectations in maybe 2 seasons in the last 30 years, 2003 and 2011.  

How much do you care about that standard if the Bengals lose in the divisional round five years straight?

7 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

How much do you care about that standard if the Bengals lose in the divisional round five years straight?

Any normal team would fire the coach and likely get rid of the QB (if his play factored into it) if that happened.   Not surprised that Mike Brown would keep both clowns, given that he's one of the worst owners in American sports history.   But I am surprised how Cincinnati fans support and defend one of those clowns (Andy Dullard).

Just now, tibor75 said:

Any normal team would fire the coach and likely get rid of the QB (if his play factored into it) if that happened.   Not surprised that Mike Brown given that's he's one of the worst owners in NFL sports history would keep both clowns.  But I am surprised how Cincinnati fans support and defend one of those clowns (Andy Dullard).

I'm not surprised message board dorks can't do better than "Dullard" for their idiotic nicknames.

I don't care what you think "any normal team would do". You haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Any normal team would fire the coach and likely get rid of the QB (if his play factored into it) if that happened.   Not surprised that Mike Brown would keep both clowns, given that he's one of the worst owners in American sports history. 

But yet you blame Dalton...go figure.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Jupiter Fan said:

Mike Zimmer's defenses totally sucked in the playoffs. They got lit up by guys like Mark Sanchez and some third string rookie QB from Houston and got completely run all over. 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, OU_Stripes said:

If you are saying we get a bye 5 straight years that would be great.  If we win 5 wild card games to get there, I would be happy the first 2 years then I would raise the bar just like any competent GM would.  Keep in mind, 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year so its not exactly a rare accomplishment.   That number will be 44% next year with the addition of 2 more teams. 

Legit question, do you think Chief fans have a high opinion of Marty Schottenheimer?  6 straight playoff appearances,  3-7 in the playoffs, 1 AFC Championship appearance.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Legit question, do you think Chief fans have a high opinion of Marty Schottenheimer?  6 straight playoff appearances,  3-7 in the playoffs, 1 AFC Championship appearance.

I'm quite sure they don't. Fans are unreasonable all over the place. Besides, this question is something apart from the crux of the controversy in this thread.

Is it reasonable for fans to want an upgrade over Dalton? Sure it is.

Is it reasonable for fans to want to see the divisional round in their lifetimes? Sure it is.

Is it reasonable for fans to shit all over the quarterback on his way out because he played here longer than they wanted him to? Hell no.

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

If you are saying we get a bye 5 straight years that would be great.  If we win 5 wild card games to get there, I would be happy the first 2 years then I would raise the bar just like any competent GM would.  Keep in mind, 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year so its not exactly a rare accomplishment.   That number will be 44% next year with the addition of 2 more teams. 

It may be interesting to ask for perspective from Eagles’ fans regarding Andy Reid.

🦗

Archived