Dalton haters

3 minutes ago, Cricket said:

It may be interesting to ask for perspective from Eagles’ fans regarding Andy Reid.

🦗

Reid (until this past year) and Shottenheimer fall into the categories of 'could not win the big one" ; Much like the Vikings and Bills as teams have that label. ML falls into the category below that 'cannot win a playoff game', only him and Mora though as lead dogs in that pack.

For whatever reason, the ML teams (some bad luck  for sure) simply did not up their game. And this is players and coaches alike. 

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

It may be interesting to ask for perspective from Eagles’ fans regarding Andy Reid.

🦗

Seriously.  Extremely successful coach there.  At least he got them to a Super Bowl.  As a fan you could tell it was a great team(s) so I am sure it pisses them off they didn’t win one. 

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

🦗

They won the Super Bowl after he left. 

Only the Bengals keep failures year after year.  And Bengal fans are clueless enough the support that.

And of course Dullton and Lewis are FAR worse than Reid/McNabb. 

We knew what Dalton was, and we knew what he could do. I wanted McCarron after Dalton got injured. I wanted there to be a legit battle for starting QB after that year, and if Burfict wasn't an asshole we might have had a different starting QB since the Bengals would have won a playoff game under McCarron. 

I don't hate Dalton, and I would have LOVED to see Dalton with some black Bengal stripes in his hair at one point (someone photoshop that?), but I never hated him. When the Bengals started being shitty again and they kept starting him I would have loved to see McCarron in there. 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, OU_Stripes said:

Fans set arbitrary standards and then fail to remain consistent with them. If we want we can hate Boomer forever because he stunk up the field in the Super Bowl. Kenny Anderson must have been hot garbage; he threw two interceptions to the 49ers and let his team fall behind 20-0.

The good things don't matter when you can't get over the bad things. It's a mindset for entitled little shits.

God damn... That was the day I became a Bengal fan. First time I have ever saw them on TV. I was 4 years old, and live in NorCal. My dad is a 49er fan. I had to go against him. That's what I did.. I was a Dodger fan, dad was a Giant fan, and my first time watching football was the Bengals against my dad's team the 49ers. Sure enough, when the Bengals lost I cried. Cried and cried and cried, but a new Bengal fan was born. 1989 was the same. Watched, and we ALMOST won, but in the end we lost and I remember being so pissed off that I didn't care about the "do not walk on grass sign" at school and walked on the new grass and had to go to the office. I was around too many cheering 49er fans so I showed them by walking on their new grass!!!!!!!

It was hell living in Norcal and being in Junior High with all these rabid 49er fan kids and teachers who knew I was a Bengal fan. I did not hear the end of it ever. 

Anyway, that's how I became a Bengal fan. I have never even been to Cincinnati. The only reason I am a fan is because I love cats, and they were going against my dad's football team in the first football game I ever watched. Since then I have been a rabid fan, and have seen 90% of the games the Bengals have played in Oakland or SF since either with my uncle or dad. 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Reid (until this past year) and Shottenheimer fall into the categories of 'could not win the big one" ; Much like the Vikings and Bills as teams have that label. ML falls into the category below that 'cannot win a playoff game', only him and Mora though as lead dogs in that pack.

For whatever reason, the ML teams (some bad luck  for sure) simply did not up their game. And this is players and coaches alike. 

Dalton had his troubles in the playoffs..

The whole team did..

When i think of heartache i remember Jim Kelly and 4 SB losses.

Another was Fran Tarkinton...way before his time ..

He lost all of his 3 SB titles with the Vikings..

Everyone has a. loss sonewhere..

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Dalton had his troubles in the playoffs..

The whole team did..

When i think of heartache i remember Jim Kelly and 4 SB losses.

Another was Fran Tarkinton...way before his time ..

He lost all of his 3 SB titles with the Vikings..

Everyone has a. loss sonewhere..

The difference is Tarkington and Kelly were two of the best of their time to play the position.  Andy Dalton is not.  You can understand holding on to Tarkington and Kelly.  What are the chances of finding better?  That doesn't apply to Dalton.  At his best and with good support he was a decent QB.  At his worst, and without support, he was downright awful.  Good Andy, Bad Andy.  It was past time for Dalton to go.  We're not even talking leadership.  No one was following Dalton after those terrible performances in the playoffs.  Part of the reason the entire team would collapse is they had no faith in Dalton, IMO.  Why do you think everyone is so jacked up about Burrow?  Guys follow him and believe in him.  That will be a big change in Cincinnati if it happens here.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:31 AM, UncleEarl said:

The difference is Tarkington and Kelly were two of the best of their time to play the position.  Andy Dalton is not.  You can understand holding on to Tarkington and Kelly.  What are the chances of finding better?  That doesn't apply to Dalton.  At his best and with good support he was a decent QB.  At his worst, and without support, he was downright awful.  Good Andy, Bad Andy.  It was past time for Dalton to go.  We're not even talking leadership.  No one was following Dalton after those terrible performances in the playoffs.  Part of the reason the entire team would collapse is they had no faith in Dalton, IMO.  Why do you think everyone is so jacked up about Burrow?  Guys follow him and believe in him.  That will be a big change in Cincinnati if it happens here.

Add in both QBs WON  playoff games to include multiple Conference Championships.  Yes, their multiple losses in the Super Bowl are well documented and remembered but at least they got there, winning games on the way.  Kelly is 9-8 in the playoffs while  Tarkenton was 6-5.  

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Add in both QBs WON  playoff games to include multiple Conference Championships.  Yes, their multiple losses in the Super Bowl are well documented and remembered but at least they got there, winning games on the way.  Kelly is 9-8 in the playoffs while  Tarkenton was 6-5.  

Brady is 30-11....Montana next at 16-7.

Dalton...0-4....

Archived