TV Talk - 2020

• 2 months later...

Not tv, but I saw the new Tom Hanks movie, Greyhound. I'm a squid, so I'm biased, but I liked it a lot. I used to be a phone talker on the bridge during GQ--linked to Damage Control. Especially liked how this movie got the lingo and protocols right.

Any other Navy vets see this yet?

14 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

Not tv, but I saw the new Tom Hanks movie, Greyhound. I'm a squid, so I'm biased, but I liked it a lot. I used to be a phone talker on the bridge during GQ--linked to Damage Control. Especially liked how this movie got the lingo and protocols right.

Not a vet, but I am looking forward to watching this!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 4:14 AM, Homer_Rice said:

Not any kind of vet but thanks for the reminder.   The North Atlantic convoy battles don't get enough attention.  

On 7/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, Go Skins said:

If anyone has Showtime, watch "Outcry".  5, one hour episodes.  If you want to see what's wrong with the law system in the US, this documentary is for you.  

Very belated reply but saw it recently and it was excellent.  A few loose ends and unanswered questions that needed to be cleared up but still agree with

it and it was an excellent series.

Along the same lines (not the legal system per se) but "Rewind" on Amazon is amazing on several different levels.  Won an award at Tribeca for documentary,

100 on Rotten Tomatoes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived