Bengals getting new jerseys?

has anything been reported on this?

in trying to hunt down a Limited or Elite jersey for burrow for my kid, ALL custom bengals limited and elite are out of stock, and the only ones in stock are dalton and green, both of which are on sale.

Now the teams who HAVE got new jerseys already, 6 teams, i looked up the Tampa Bay ones, and they have the new ones in Game, Limited and Elite jerseys. 

If the bengals jerseys werent changing at all, then theyd still be in stock, right? how could they be out? just randomly stopped making them?

Is there anything new about the "game" burrow and higgins jerseys at all? i assumed not.. but that begs the question, why release those if something is gonna change?

am i just oblivious and this is 100% not happening or 100% happening later in the offseason?

#jerseygate2020

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

https://news.nike.com/news/new-nike-nfl-jerseys-available-for-pre-order-april-15th

Looked on NFL Shop for any indication of this, and silence. Evidently the supply chain hasn’t caught up yet. 

that article is from 2012, when nike took over..   if there is no change, then the supply chain shouldnt be dry in the first place i wouldnt think?

43 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

We need new jerseys in the worst way.

Keep the helmets though

A new era has begun in Cincy.

Why not let the new uniforms characterize that?

Agree with that as well, last change came the year palmer became the starter. aside from the nike changeover.. which was subtle. and 8 years ago.

Yeah, proofread before posting. 🙂

Still appears to be a supply chain issue. Excuse the Brownie link, but was the closest I could find as to any explanation (April 2020)

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/how-to-buy-the-browns-new-jerseys-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know

"Initial inventory and selection of jerseys is limited due to production constraints related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Color Rush jerseys are not yet in inventory and customized jerseys are not yet available, but we encourage you to fill out the form below to be notified when they are. You can also be notified when a particular jersey becomes available."

52 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yeah, proofread before posting. 🙂

Still appears to be a supply chain issue. Excuse the Brownie link, but was the closest I could find as to any explanation (April 2020)

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/how-to-buy-the-browns-new-jerseys-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know

"Initial inventory and selection of jerseys is limited due to production constraints related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Color Rush jerseys are not yet in inventory and customized jerseys are not yet available, but we encourage you to fill out the form below to be notified when they are. You can also be notified when a particular jersey becomes available."

that definetly makes sense...

makes more sense since they are NEW jerseys. it just seems odd that they wouldnt have like 500 of every size blank bengals jerseys sitting around from the last 8 years... but maybe they arent that wasteful and a 2 month supply shutdown hurt both new and old style jerseys..

Yeah, looking though a search of Nike supply chain issues (and siphoning through the company talking point gobbledygook), apparent that worldwide apparel shortages will take a while to catch up.  Adidas and Puma are also experiencing global release issues with apparel.        

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yeah, looking though a search of Nike supply chain issues (and siphoning through the company talking point gobbledygook), apparent that worldwide apparel shortages will take a while to catch up.  Adidas and Puma are also experiencing global release issues with apparel.        

fair enough. i recall Zac taylor interview he was asked if there was a jersey update coming and he said he wasnt really focused on that maybe some small details here or there and moved on from it.. so i wasnt sure what to expect.

I couldn't give 2 shits about new jerseys.   This new era stuff is all nice and good but how about we make the playoffs and, I dunno, win a fucking playoff game before we start acting like this is a new era.   The last 20 years have basically been exactly the same.   Make it to the playoffs 40% of the time as a wildcard and be a good warm up game for the opponent (excluding 2005 and 15).  

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

I couldn't give 2 shits about new jerseys.   This new era stuff is all nice and good but how about we make the playoffs and, I dunno, win a fucking playoff game before we start acting like this is a new era.   The last 20 years have basically been exactly the same.   Make it to the playoffs 40% of the time as a wildcard and be a good warm up game for the opponent (excluding 2005 and 15).  

unrelated really... jerseys take nothing away from the games either.

I posted this in the other uniform thread, but they need to do this yesterday. Uniforms are very important to me, as I do, in fact, root for laundry (to quote Seinfeld). It's the only thing that separates one group of NFL players from another, when you think about it. Well, for those of you in Cincinnati, I guess it's the fact that they're based in the same town you live in or near. I just know that the last 17 seasons of looking at the costumes has been painful.

7 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I posted this in the other uniform thread, but they need to do this yesterday. Uniforms are very important to me, as I do, in fact, root for laundry (to quote Seinfeld). It's the only thing that separates one group of NFL players from another, when you think about it. Well, for those of you in Cincinnati, I guess it's the fact that they're based in the same town you live in or near. I just know that the last 17 seasons of looking at the costumes has been painful.

I couldn't agree more. Growing up in NY, the uniforms are really what drew me to the Bengals as a kid. I remember when they were occasionally on tv, i would always root for the team with the tiger stripes. My uncle who lived in Columbus at the time sent me a poster of the team roster from like '91, and that pretty much solidified my fandom as i had it hanging up in my room forever. The uniforms are a big part of what makes the Bengals the Bengals.

I was so impressed with the draft hats I managed to buy one from Fanatics before they sold out. What I liked most about the design was the inversion of the black and orange in the “B”. I wonder if color inversion, in general, might be in the works.

I, for one, am all about it. I think the only thing that could improve upon an already awesome helmet would be an inversion of the stripes. 

Wishful thinking...we’ll see.

Hat design seen here

7 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I was so impressed with the draft hats I managed to buy one from Fanatics before they sold out. What I liked most about the design was the inversion of the black and orange in the “B”. I wonder if color inversion, in general, might be in the works.

I, for one, am all about it. I think the only thing that could improve upon an already awesome helmet would be an inversion of the stripes. 

Wishful thinking...we’ll see.

Ignoring the youthful pic of Marv, that helmet there in the back does look pretty cool...even though it doesn't exactly make much sense from a realism standpoint 😅

MikeMcD's Bengals Page For Extreme Fans

5 minutes ago, Griever said:

Ignoring the youthful pic of Marv, that helmet there in the back does look pretty cool...even though it doesn't exactly make much sense from a realism standpoint 😅

MikeMcD's Bengals Page For Extreme Fans

I’ve wanted that incorporated into the team’s look since I first saw that damned picture like fifteen years ago.

I saw a pretty sweet bengals helmet edit somewhere I'll try and find it but it had less stripes and the ones that remained were thicker. It looked awesome and probably the only change to the helmet I'd be cool with. 

Found it.

12 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

I saw a pretty sweet bengals helmet edit somewhere I'll try and find it but it had less stripes and the ones that remained were thicker. It looked awesome and probably the only change to the helmet I'd be cool with. 

Found it.

That Chiefs helmet is pretty cool looking.  I still love our current helmets, best in the NFL.

I've posted some of my work on social media before, but bailed on my accounts in there because they're distraction hell! 

This is a concept I've been working on for a while through multiple iterations. At one point, I had the stripes up on top of the shoulders, but it didn't play as well as I hoped in a straight on view. So I made some changes. 

This is clearly a throwback inspired project, but as the Chargers have shown, you don't need to re-invent the wheel to make something sick. In fact, I think our jerseys are old looking now because they're from an era where design teams were trying to design motion into their work. That practice in and of itself is basically faded into the background, and clean, sharp, simple but powerful design is back in the fold. Look how many teams have abandoned their Nike designs for something more classic. I think we should follow suit. 

Here's the link to the entire set. https://www.behance.net/gallery/96655579/Cincinnati-Bengals-Uniform-Concepts?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=9f00c48ae92ae958

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.59.30 PM.pngBlack_Set.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.59.48 PM.pngWhite_Set.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.59.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.58.50 PM.png

ColorRush_Set.jpg

15 hours ago, Cricket said:

The biggest single step in improving the Bengals’ uniforms is getting rid of those damn white side panels.  

I've always wondered if they were supposed to symbolize the white underside of a tiger ...  or if just random? But I'm not a fan either. 

Tiger Laying Down (PSD) | Official PSDs

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

I still love our current helmets, best in the NFL.

The Bengals helmets should NEVER be changed. They are the best helmets in the history of football, at any level, in any time, in any country, and will be for the next million years once the Earth has burned up, 

PERFECTION

cincinnati bengal clipart | cincinnati bengals Pictures, Photos ...

I do think the jerseys and pants need changes though. 

Archived