11. @ WASH. 11/22  LOSS
  12. NYJ  11/29   WIN
  13. @ MIA  12/6  LOSS
  14. DAL 12/13   LOSS
  15. PITT MNF 12/21  LOSS
  16. @ HOU  12/27  LOSS
  17. BALT  1/3 LOSS

Early take: 4-12

Although looking forward to primetime games without a complete garbage dump as QB.  Expect Burrow to surprass Dullton's 2.0 gem against the Clowns on Thursday night. 

17 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Although looking forward to primetime games without a complete garbage dump as QB.  Expect Burrow to surprass Dullton's 2.0 gem against the Clowns on Thursday night. 

thats a pretty downer prediction, even vegas has us at 5.5 wins and heavily getting action on the over. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

did you think we kept your boy Dalton or are you just a miserable _____ at all times? 

hope you are way off

Lets go Joe 

Well, I think we end up 6-10 or 7-9.

But I think there are a lot of winnable games early. I can see a scenario where we win some games early, build confidence, and really get rolling. 

Saw some takes that the early schedule was tough. I don't see that at all. The END is the tough part. Though I will say 4 of the first 6 away is tough, but aside from at Baltimore..all those games are winnable.

Aside from the 2 Ravens games and at Pitt, I think we can be competitive everywhere else. And the Ravens could very well have nothing to play for in Week 17.

The Chargers were 5-11 last year & Rivers left. The opener should be a win.

The Browns are improved at OT, but we stomped them once last year. They were 6-10 FFS. Even away, that game is winnable.

At Philly is tough. But they were 9-7 in a mediocre division. Hardly world beaters. We are underdogs but not huge ones.

Jacksonville at home is a game we should win. They were 6-10 last year.

I see a 2-2 start as likely and 3-1 a real possibility.

At Ravens is our toughest game of the year. 

At Indy will be challenging with Rivers, but SD had him last year & stunk at 5-11. He can get hot, but often is not.

Browns at home is winnable.

Titans beat NE, but were only 9-7. If we can stop the run, and that was our main focus on D, we have a chance. Game is at home.

Initial thoughts on the schedule 

- Geography: The farthest west the team travels is Houston. So I like that everything is kept close to home.

- I like that the team plays Cleveland 2 of the first 7 games and has the Squeelers later in the season. In fact, the schedule games 1-8 doesn’t look that difficult. I think the team can easily surprise people and go 4-4 in that stretch at least. 

- Opening and closing at home is a nice surprise.

- The Bye on week 9 right in the middle is ideal.

- 3 of the last 4 at home is good if there is a playoff push.

- The Bengals have the potential to be the first 2-0 team in the league following the Thurs night game and I think there is a good chance they could be. I’d say at least a 50/50 chance.

- I love getting the Monday night game around Christmas in the Nati against the Squeelers. Plus it can’t be flexed out, so guaranteed. PBS should be rocking for that one and can be seen as the final knife in Big Jen’s coffin – send him into rape retirement with a big L.

- I think if the Bengals surprise people they could be flexed into a Sunday night game later in the year. 

- If you think about the schedule in terms of opposing QBs rather than teams, it seems easier. Lots of potential young QBs on the schedule.

- Since Indy week 6 is essentially a home game distance wise … weeks 6-9 are all in the Nati, since 7 and 8 at home and week 9 a bye. It’s good to have a month in mid-season close to home.

- I hope Tua and Haskins both start weeks 11 and 13, with Daniel Jones week 12 in the middle, those are 3 winnable games if so in a row -- going into the Cowgirls and possibly Dalton accidentally throwing to the wrong team out of habit (if Dak injured or holding out by then).

9 hours ago, fluhartz said:

did you think we kept your boy Dalton or are you just a miserable _____ at all times? 

hope you are way off

Lets go Joe 

4-12 is very realistic with a rookie QB and a sophomore coaching staff.  And an overhauled defense that will need to gel. There's no reason to get irate when somebody suggests that a QB that has never taken an NFL snap will vastly improve a 2-14 team right away. It's funny that so many people that are super optimistic about Burrow gets pissed when somebody suggests that he's not the messiah.

10 minutes ago, saphead said:

Is it a law that we have to play those flaming bag of dick tips in prime time at least once?   

Burfict-gate made it a spicy match up, so they always book it secretly hoping a fight breaks out which is great for ratings. 

22 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Burfict-gate made it a spicy match up, so they always book it secretly hoping a fight breaks out which is great for ratings. 

You just know that if this match-up ever morphs into just a good old fashioned clean game of FB  with guys helping each other up after every play it will be at 1:00 every time. The NFL* might not even want it televised anymore. 

6 hours ago, Hooky said:

4-12 is very realistic with a rookie QB and a sophomore coaching staff.  And an overhauled defense that will need to gel. There's no reason to get irate when somebody suggests that a QB that has never taken an NFL snap will vastly improve a 2-14 team right away. It's funny that so many people that are super optimistic about Burrow gets pissed when somebody suggests that he's not the messiah.

But...he is!...

Mesiah..leader of a particular cause..

Thats our JB..

Archived