Season Ticket Holders Opt Out

Got this in an email today from the Bengals.  Anyone here going to take the Opt Out?

We understand that everyone will have different levels of comfort with attending games. To ease any health concerns, all STMs will have the option to opt out of your season ticket commitment for this season and return for the 2021 season while maintaining your account priority and seat location. Next week expect an email providing you with the option to opt out for the 2020 season.

9 hours ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Got this in an email today from the Bengals.  Anyone here going to take the Opt Out?

We understand that everyone will have different levels of comfort with attending games. To ease any health concerns, all STMs will have the option to opt out of your season ticket commitment for this season and return for the 2021 season while maintaining your account priority and seat location. Next week expect an email providing you with the option to opt out for the 2020 season.

I have not received that yet.

I would probably do it if this was not Joe Burrow's first year.

Don't want to miss that and give up the bragging rights to say "I was there his rookie year".

38 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I have not received that yet.

I would probably do it if this was not Joe Burrow's first year.

Don't want to miss that and give up the bragging rights to say "I was there his rookie year".

After further review...

I am leaning heavily on opting out.

Not so much being in the stadium and sitting in our seats

but I can't imagine the unbelievable pain in the ass getting in with social distancing.

The security checks and the crush at the entrances are bad enough although I go in

right when the gates open to avoid it.

They should have games but no fans in the stands.

Or cancel completely because you know a boat load of players, etc will come down with it.

Would give serious thought to taking a refund for the season tickets

or letting it roll over into next year.

Here's the full text of Pumpkie's email....

Dear AMISH

Going into the holiday weekend, we want to check-in and set the stage for our valued Season Ticket Members as we head toward a different-looking 2020 season given the circumstances.

We recognize that you likely have questions about attending football games this fall. We are working hard - in collaboration with the NFL, local government officials and with medical professionals - and hope to provide more concrete updates about a return to football plan in the weeks ahead.

Once we have further clarity on our return to football plan, we will communicate with you as soon as possible. This could include changes to our seating capacity and to our preseason schedule.  It is important to note that in a reduced capacity scenario, it is likely that seat locations and available options for all Season Ticket Members will be different.

Your safety and experience will remain a top priority throughout the planning process and into the 2020 season. Please feel free to reach out to our STM Services team by email with any questions or concerns regarding your account.

Stay safe & WHO DEY!

Katie Blackburn
Executive Vice President
Cincinnati Bengals

Nice that she knows me.  She should dump Troy and let me marry into NFL royalty... I mean, it's not like I'm already friends with Nancy.   :)

In reality teams are probably doing this to make it easy for themselves and stay in the semi good graces of the fans.  If teams have to social distance only letting in half or less of fans into the stadiums it will be a nightmare choosing who gets in and who doesnt.  Letting folks opt out on their own solves a lot of heartache.

I wonder if we still get our NFL subscription if we opt out?  I'm going to ask about that.

Also think I'm going to opt out, to many health issues to chance it.

I still have not received my e letter about taking a redshirt year with my season tickets this year.

I sent an e to the ticket office yesterday asking what was up.

I am going to consider taking them up on it because I cannot imagine how they are going to manage getting

into the stadium with the six foot space between people in line in addition to the already awkward security checks.

I can  see late arrivers and tailgaters not getting to their seats before the second quarter at least,

Forget about trying to manage the rolling mass of humanity after the games leaving the stadium.

Whatever, would like some information from the Bengals on that sort of thing like what will the stadium max capacity be

with the new guidelines.

Also of note for season ticket holders, just saw where the NFL has cancelled two preseason games with the possibility of

cancelling the entire preseason schedule.

That has to mean a check from the Bengals coming back to season ticket holders who have already been robbed paying for

them in the first place.  

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Also of note for season ticket holders, just saw where the NFL has cancelled two preseason games with the possibility of

cancelling the entire preseason schedule.

That has to mean a check from the Bengals coming back to season ticket holders who have already been robbed paying for

them in the first place.  

It's going to be a long road to getting the money back.  I'm thinking about 60 days to have the credit sent to the CC company, then another 60 to get a check from CC to add back to my account.

It's going to be a long road to getting the money back.  I'm thinking about 60 days to have the credit sent to the CC company, then another 60 to get a check from CC to add back to my account.

Not impossible they offer to credit them to next year's season ticket.

Kind of like the playoff tickets purchased by season ticket holders and they don't make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

The people saying players will get the virus from the huddle etc.  Make me want stick my face into a meat grinder. Stfu. Turn off the television. You are being brainwashed.  

I have a good high school friend that came REAL close to dying due to Covid-19...and just did pull through.  I’ll be sure to tell him that he was brainwashed.

Sorry for your friend that is awful.

For the rest of us we have a higher chance of dying in a auto accident than from the sickness so the madness has got to stop. Get back to living. NFL players will be fine so will the rest of us. The most in shape people on planet earth gathering in a huddle should be of zero concern. 

I think that most sane people have begun to accommodate themselves to the idea that there probably will be no football this year. It sucks but there it is.

Consider and try to visualize:

--Paul Brown stadium capacity is 65,515. Fill it up twice and that's how many people have died from this (130,224 as of 7-7.) And that's quite likely an under count.

--Again, also probably an under count, but as of 7-7, there are 2,936, 077 people who have confirmed cases. That would fill Paul Brown just under 45 times.

Source: Johns Hopkins

Clearly this is a very serious virus despite what some poorly informed people would have you believe. We don't know a lot about it even six months in and what we will learn over time will probably cast an ever darker picture.

What we do know thus far is this: The response in the US could have been better. Not only from our government(s) but most especially from a subset of our citizens. Instead of coming together and doing some things that, in reality, are minor inconveniences, like social distancing and wearing masks, many have chosen to flaunt their stupidity by making this a political issue. The worst aspect of this is that many people have decided to completely abandon the first premise of our notion of liberty: Do no harm to others. In fact, to the contrary, there have been untold instances where infantile members of our society have asserted their so-called "right" to actively do harm to others. Let me repeat that. Instead of doing the proper things to stomp this pandemic down and get back to some semblance of normality, a crazed portion of our citizenry has actually prolonged this crisis by who knows how long.

So, in brief, if you want to see some football again any time soon, then put on a fucking mask and keep your distance. And stop whining. Jesus, a lot of you people would never be allowed in a foxhole with me.

The virus is serious but not that deadly except to the elderly and already sick. More than 40% of deaths thus far have been for residents of nursing homes, mainly concentrated in NE states that required them to accept patients known to be infected with covid. That went about like you'd expect, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths. For young, healthy people, covid isn't that deadly. If they die, it's more likely to be of something else and they know that. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

The virus is serious but not that deadly except to the elderly and already sick. More than 40% of deaths thus far have been for residents of nursing homes, mainly concentrated in NE states that required them to accept patients known to be infected with covid. That went about like you'd expect, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths. For young, healthy people, covid isn't that deadly. If they die, it's more likely to be of something else and they know that. 

What infectious disease isn’t more deadly to the elderly and immune comprised?  Nursing home deaths here in N.C. are even greater than 40% and no one forced infected patients into those homes.  You can believe what you want, but it isn’t asking much to put on a mask and keep your distance. 

The NFL has a plan that could work, but they can’t control one factor, the players.  All it takes is a few players to go out to the club, a party or some other risky venue and they will infect a lot of their teammates.  Athletes are young people and we have seen what many young people think of the virus.   I actually think colleges have a better shot at football than the NFL at this point.  Colleges actually have some clout over their players and may be able to keep them away from risky situations. 

I was hopeful that there would be organized sports about a month ago but having seen what has happened with the attempts thus far with MLB, College football and the NBA, I'm less optimistic.  This is the first year in quite a while that I am positively giddy to see how the Bengals do. Anyhow, it's clear that this isn't going away and instead of treating players and staff like a fungible commodity and exposing them to unwarranted danger, it may be best to just shut it down for a year. Beat this pandemic down and come back strong next year.

Fauci on shift in age

11 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I was hopeful that there would be organized sports about a month ago but having seen what has happened with the attempts thus far with MLB, College football and the NBA, I'm less optimistic.  This is the first year in quite a while that I am positively giddy to see how the Bengals do. Anyhow, it's clear that this isn't going away and instead of treating players and staff like a fungible commodity and exposing them to unwarranted danger, it may be best to just shut it down for a year. Beat this pandemic down and come back strong next year.

Fauci on shift in age

The primary experiment in attempting to re-integrate sport into this chaos, has been to date world football (soccer, if you will). However--and specifically the English Premier League and the Bundesliga--it was obvious from the start, that re-starting was done in order to fulfill television contracts and complete the almost finished seasons. More than a few players--and even some whole squads--loudly objected, and several players refused to play. The French League shut down. Lower leagues could not continue, as their income came from gate receipts. Yet, the re-start began for others. The matches have been played without fans. The players are sequestered away from the public. They and staffs are constantly tested. 

Through the first months--while there have been a handful of positive asymptomatic cases--the re-starts have been successful...at least from virus-spreading. It can be done, but whether it should be done, is a complete other question. 

The product itself--from one fan's standpoint--is a let down. While the quality on the pitch is still decent, the lack of atmosphere--even with piped in "fan" noises--is not inspiring. In a phrase: it is ersatz. Made up. 

I envision much the same for MLB/NBA. Unless the fan population is simply so addicted, they cannot do without even the methadone of viewing a staged production in bubble environments without a live audience on a box, then the leagues will show marked decrease in interest. Again, with the NBA...and to a certain extent MLB...their erstwhile efforts, are to fulfill TV contracts and complete seasons.  

The NFL will have had 6 months to either have a real concrete plan to proceed, or delay the season another year. To date, they have shown little in hardened plans to have a coherent season, let alone a safe one.

I have had the distinct impression the sports world has been attempting to fit square pegs into round holes. It is an insane time period. 

20 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Except in America....

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/06/24/when-covid-19-deaths-are-analysed-by-age-america-is-an-outlier

12 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

107792929_10220942385927455_5547387384765662821_n.jpg

If the government epidemiologists that have dedicated their lives to studying infectious disease announced tonight that not smearing shit on your forehead helps keep you healthy, a lot of people would start smearing shit on their foreheads to prove they don't need no fancy book-learnin

Pity this sort-of sports thread has--predictably--headed out of its borders. 

Pejoratives--intended/inferred aside: the diametric opposite of the statement posed above would be: Please stay masked in your house until we tell you otherwise...which will not be until people smarter than you say so. 

Each are east-from-west opposites. But, unless opposite sides hold that neither have the absolute knowledge to dictate to the other, a suggestion would be to simply do the common sense precautions already laid out ad infinitum. 

Probably too simple.  

On 7/7/2020 at 10:12 PM, Catfish Bob said:

107792929_10220942385927455_5547387384765662821_n.jpg

Public Health experts, epidemiologists, and infectious disease experts all tell you to wash your hands, social distance, and wear a mask. 

The real estate developer turned reality TV host who is now President of the largest government in the Western Hemisphere and his followers tell you not to wear a mask.

So tell me, who  is following the government like sheep off a cliff?

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Public Health experts, epidemiologists, and infectious disease experts all tell you to wash your hands, social distance, and wear a mask. 

The real estate developer turned reality TV host who is now President of the largest government in the Western Hemisphere and his followers tell you not to wear a mask.

So tell me, who  is following the government like sheep off a cliff?

For what it's worth, there is disagreement among the experts on mask wearing. Business Insider surveyed 15 experts and 11 recommended mask wearing, 3 said it didn't matter, and 1 said it was counterproductive, endangering the wearer. 

Archived