Blast from the Past

Former Bengals LB Rey Maualuga arrested Saturday in NKY

Former Bengals LB Rey Maualuga arrested Saturday in NKY

The former Bengals linebacker was released several hours later at 8:45 a.m., according to the jail. (Source: WXIX) 
By Jared Goffinet | July 19, 2020 at 8:25 PM EDT - Updated July 19 at 9:02 PM 

VILLA HILLS, Ky. (FOX19) - Former Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested early Saturday for intoxicated driving and reckless driving in Villa Hills, according to Kenton County Jail website.

Maualuga, a 2009 second round pick of the Bengals, was arrested by the Villa Hills Police Department and booked in the jail around 2 a.m. Saturday, the jail’s website showed.

The former Bengals linebacker was released several hours later at 8:45 a.m., according to the jail.

Maualuga spent eight seasons in Cincinnati, racking up 584 combined tackles during his time as a Bengal.

The 2009 draft pick out of USC started 104 career games for the Bengals.

Maualuga last played in 2017 with the Miami Dolphins and played just six games with the team.

Copyright 2020 WXIX. All rights reserved.

8 hours ago, Cat said:

I thought this was going to say he was arrested for stealing millions of dollars from the Bengals.

So he's still local, eh?

Maybe I’m just being nostalgic but I don’t remember him being terrible while he was here. 

1 hour ago, whodey? said:

Maybe I’m just being nostalgic but I don’t remember him being terrible while he was here. 

IIRC Rey came out of college as a 1st team All-American and was drafted by the Bengals early in the 2nd round.  I never felt Rey lived up to the hype that surrounded him and even though he was sliding downhill as a player the Bengals resigned him in 2015.  Many complained that was the typical lazy Front Office way of doing business that was contributing to the team decline.

I wouldn't say they "missed" on him, he was solid in the run game. Some of the best run defenses in the history of the franchise came with him in the middle. He couldn't cover for shit but I think calling him a miss or a bust is a bit of a reach. 

6 minutes ago, saphead said:

He certainly looked like a FB player.  I recall in his first year or 2 he was messing around in Northern KY and got a DUI while he had a couple young ladies in the car he was going to bang. 

Actually she wasn't in the car when he climbed a parking meter in it.

She was a minor with a fake ID, a senior at Fairfield High School.

I loved how stupid Bengal fans used to defend Rey The Drunk back in the day as being solid LB.

He always sucked.  Maybe not as bad as the other USC bum the Bengals got -  Keith Rivers, who got bitchslapped by Hines Ward. 

Pittsburgh drafts LBs - they become studs

Bengals draft LBs - they get drunk or get beat up by wide receivers.  Rinse and repeat. 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, spicoli said:

I wouldn't say they "missed" on him, he was solid in the run game. Some of the best run defenses in the history of the franchise came with him in the middle. He couldn't cover for shit but I think calling him a miss or a bust is a bit of a reach. 

Love it when Bengal fans defend the shitty players that have come through the team.  He wouldn't crack the starting lineup of the Ravens or Stillers. 

55 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I loved how stupid Bengal fans used to defend Rey The Drunk back in the day as being solid LB.

He always sucked.  Maybe not as bad as the other USC bum the Bengals got -  Keith Rivers, who got bitchslapped by Hines Ward. 

Pittsburgh drafts LBs - they become studs

Bengals draft LBs - they get drunk or get beat up by wide receivers.  Rinse and repeat. 

have you ever liked a Bengals player? 

serious question 

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Actually she wasn't in the car when he climbed a parking meter in it.

She was a minor with a fake ID, a senior at Fairfield High School.

Ah, good ole Fairfield High School.  I see things haven't changed much since my time there.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

So was Marvin when he picked him.

So was Mike Zimmer. That was a hard knocks season and I remember Mike and Marvin saying they had to get him on the field to make the defense better. 

17 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Love it when Bengal fans defend the shitty players that have come through the team.  He wouldn't crack the starting lineup of the Ravens or Stillers. 

Lol you're like a little 13 year old school kid with this shit. Simply saying that calling him a bust would be a bit of a reach isn't exactly a glowing endorsement of the guy on my part, is it?  Gimme a break.

19 hours ago, fluhartz said:

have you ever liked a Bengals player? 

serious question 

Anthony Munoz

Ocho Cinco (although I like to make fun of him calling him Ocho Stupido)

Cedric Benson

Willie Anderson

You  know, players that are actually good.

You won't see me praise players like Brian "Richard" Simmons or Kevin Wasteverharn.  For some reason Bengal fans lack the intelligence to decide on who is actually good.  The fact that Rey the Drunk is praised is comical.  He did nothing here.  Ravens and Stillers would never play a bum like him. 

Of course, Bengal fans thinking that the Patriots would trade for Andy Dullton takes the cake....

Archived