RIP Onyx

Jamie_B

I'm sure many of you knew who Onyx was on here, some may not. His real name was Jason Holland.  He and I became really close friends through this website. I would go so far as saying he was like a brother. 

At 1pm (ish) he was lost to Post-Covid Sepsis. He got Covid a few weeks ago but in he hospital as of last Saturday he tested negative but got Sepsis from it. He didn't make it.

It was like he knew, one of the last things he said to me was that he wasn't gonna get to see Joe Burrow play, he was so exited for him, he believed he was gonna take us the playoffs this year.

I am going to miss him every single day for the rest of my life. Nobody could be silly and have a quick witted sense of humor like he did.  

I told him in tribute that he was one of the friends that I was going to ask to be a groomsman if I ever got married. 

Image may contain: Jason Holland, closeup and indoor

Rest in Power my friend Onyx, Jason, my brother. I love you and will miss you every single day.

jason.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Jesus, my 24 year old daughter has it right now.  I told my wife I don’t want to get this fucking thing.   Rest In Peace brother. 

Do all the right things. Jason was one of 2 friends that got it. My other friend has since recovered. 

Mask up, wash your hands, ect... 

I keep telling people this thing is real. 

• Upvote 2

Got your email, Jamie and came right over. Onyx was a good contributor to this board and I'm feeling for his family right now. And you, too.

And if anyone from the Bengals team/organization reads this board, just a gentle reminder. We fans invest a lot of our hopes and dreams in your success. I know it's just a game, but please find a way to show a tribute to Onyx and the many other fans whose families have been tragically touched by this plague.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I didn't sleep but maybe a couple of hours last night.

Went through and will likely go through many of the old threads last night. 

The 9th mile freestyle thread,

The thread where that kid came in acting like a fake gangsta and Jason told him the way he was acting made him want to join the KKK his damned self 😄

The thread where that Stealers fan lounge singer got exposed for his real idenity....

The world got a little less funny yesterday. I will miss him every single day for the rest of my life.

Please take care of your loved ones, don't make this thing political, just put on a mask and do the things the experts are telling us to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14352189_139810223140195_624452221943828

There was nobody quote like Jason.  He was one of the original message board members here and at Nemgals.com (until he got banned).  I've known him for 20 years because of the Bengals.  We shaed so many good times (and a few bad ones) but his goal was to always find "the good" with Bengals.  There was always a silber lining somewhere.  His sense humor was amazing and probably the only reason why the Cardiac Cats did't give him a heart attack, lol.  Even though he sounded like Steve Urkel on the phone, he was a big teddy bear, once you got to know him.

You will be dearly missed, Jason.  The world lost a BIG HOE yesterday,  RIP my friend.

My condolences Jamie_B, Entertainer, others.  Thoughts and prayers to his family and all his friends.  I've been on this board a long, long time, and although I don't contribute a lot, I do follow along regularly and remember Onyx's posts well including some of the ones mentioned here.  Smile.

He will definitely be missed by so many. 

Pisses me off that so many people continue to make this pandemic a political or personal rights issue.  JFC!  

• Like 2

Jamie - I know we talked earlier today, but when you listed the old threads, and 9th mile freestyle thread was listed, I laughed out loud.  That was some of the best comedy I have seen on a message board ever.  I will miss y'all trash talking to each other.  

I have been absent from the board for awhile now, mostly drive-by posts in some Bengals FB groups is all the Bengals talk I've been engaged in lately. I also remember Onyx well, and it was through my FB friendship with Jamie that I even knew that Jason Holland was the same person as Onyx here, and it took Jamie posting a memoriam to him yesterday on FB that I was even able to connect the dots. It makes me wish I had known all along, and I could have engaged him more. He and I locked horns a couple times, but nothing too serious. I wish him well in the next world.

I'll be around more. This virus is very distracting to routines and lives. And deadly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I have been absent from the board for awhile now, mostly drive-by posts in some Bengals FB groups is all the Bengals talk I've been engaged in lately. I also remember Onyx well, and it was through my FB friendship with Jamie that I even knew that Jason Holland was the same person as Onyx here, and it took Jamie posting a memoriam to him yesterday on FB that I was even able to connect the dots. It makes me wish I had known all along, and I could have engaged him more. He and I locked horns a couple times, but nothing too serious. I wish him well in the next world.

I'll be around more. This virus is very distracting to routines and lives. And deadly. 

Hey thanks for checking in man.  Your name was one of the ones that popped up in my head with all this...hadn't heard from you in a while and I know you've had some serious health issues yourself.  Stay safe/healthy.

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

Hey thanks for checking in man.  Your name was one of the ones that popped up in my head with all this...hadn't heard from you in a while and I know you've had some serious health issues yourself.  Stay safe/healthy.

Thanks! I did/do have some health issues I face, but I face them with a grin on my face. Outside of pain, I cannot let life get me down as I fear my time is short. 

Plus I am dancing with the gummy bears 100% of the time. It helps. A LOT, lol.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm sure many of you knew who Onyx was on here, some may not. His real name was Jason Holland.  He and I became really close friends through this website. I would go so far as saying he was like a brother. 

At 1pm (ish) he was lost to Post-Covid Sepsis. He got Covid a few weeks ago but in he hospital as of last Saturday he tested negative but got Sepsis from it. He didn't make it.

It was like he knew, one of the last things he said to me was that he wasn't gonna get to see Joe Burrow play, he was so exited for him, he believed he was gonna take us the playoffs this year.

I am going to miss him every single day for the rest of my life. Nobody could be silly and have a quick witted sense of humor like he did.  

I told him in tribute that he was one of the friends that I was going to ask to be a groomsman if I ever got married. 

Image may contain: Jason Holland, closeup and indoor

Rest in Power my friend Onyx, Jason, my brother. I love you and will miss you every single day.

Im sorry for your loss Jamie. 

• Upvote 1