Herman Cain dead

Montana Bengal

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. If I posted a link to every person that dies from COVID that advocated wearing a mask, do I get to say wearing a mask is the reason?

BLUF: Nobody has a handle on this thing, but every message board poster deems themselves experts. 

11 hours ago, bfine said:

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. If I posted a link to every person that dies from COVID that advocated wearing a mask, do I get to say wearing a mask is the reason?

BLUF: Nobody has a handle on this thing, but every message board poster deems themselves experts. 

I wouldn't assert that anyone has a handle on this thing at all.  There are a number of reasons why I feel like we should be wearing masks at this time.

Yet I also know people personally that have heath conditions that prevent them from wearing them.  One of them is recovering from Covid. After a month and a half he still can't wear a mask because it limits his oxygen.  He stays home just in case.

I'm not sure why you feel as if 'some' of us should be ashamed. (I don't give a shit why). Even Fox reported that he "died Thursday after being hospitalized for coronavirus."  I posted the initial article because it was a high profile supporter of the president who appears to have contracted it at a rally where no one was taking precautions.  Seems like a big deal.  I didn't make light of the situation at all and I wasn't being an asshole when I posted it. 

I don't feel ashamed about posting the link to the article and I won't let your opinion make me feel shame for doing it.

If you don't like the topics in here the political forum, then maybe you shouldn't hang out in here.

6 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

I wouldn't assert that anyone has a handle on this thing at all.  There are a number of reasons why I feel like we should be wearing masks at this time.

Yet I also know people personally that have heath conditions that prevent them from wearing them.  One of them is recovering from Covid. After a month and a half he still can't wear a mask because it limits his oxygen.  He stays home just in case.

I'm not sure why you feel as if 'some' of us should be ashamed. (I don't give a shit why). Even Fox reported that he "died Thursday after being hospitalized for coronavirus."  I posted the initial article because it was a high profile supporter of the president who appears to have contracted it at a rally where no one was taking precautions.  Seems like a big deal.  I didn't make light of the situation at all and I wasn't being an asshole when I posted it. 

I don't feel ashamed about posting the link to the article and I won't let your opinion make me feel shame for doing it.

If you don't like the topics in here the political forum, then maybe you shouldn't hang out in here.

It wasn't directed as the OP, but more the 2 replies (3 now). No one has any idea where Cain got COVID but folks are quick to make assumptions based on his/her agenda. It's why I said "some of you". Cain passing is national and sad news, but IMO some try to minimize it or eveb worse suggest he asked for it. 

If he and everyone around him had masked up and followed social distancing guidelines, the probability of Covid getting him would have been substantially reduced.  Instead, he encouraged large gatherings without protection, thereby aiding the spread.  This is a pretty clear case of Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes. 

20 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Yet I also know people personally that have health conditions that prevent them from wearing them.  One of them is recovering from Covid. After a month and a half he still can't wear a mask because it limits his oxygen.  He stays home just in case.

What health conditions are preventing people from wearing a mask?  At least whoever you know is aware of the fact the oxygen is limited to breathe and is staying home, instead of going out and claiming a "medical condition" to get their Starbucks is preventing them from wearing a mask.  

15 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

If he and everyone around him had masked up and followed social distancing guidelines, the probability of Covid getting him would have been substantially reduced.  Instead, he encouraged large gatherings without protection, thereby aiding the spread.  This is a pretty clear case of Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes. 

We have no idea where/how he got COVID.

3 hours ago, Go Skins said:

What health conditions are preventing people from wearing a mask?  At least whoever you know is aware of the fact the oxygen is limited to breathe and is staying home, instead of going out and claiming a "medical condition" to get their Starbucks is preventing them from wearing a mask.  

As I understand it many of the conditions are related to mental health. Conditions such as PTSD can cause the mask wearer to obtain heightened levels of anxiety to a point where he/she panics. I agree all should mask up when outside, but it's not a trival as you make it seem for everyone.

Having my best friend just die from this.  I'm not really sympathetic to those who can wear a mask, but choose not to.  And no amount of virtue signaling about that is going to make me any more sympathetic to these "freedom" lovers.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

7 hours ago, Go Skins said:

Extended family - issues from smoking 30+ years. Pretty sure she was smoking while pregnant.  Her twins have all kinds of health issues (they were premature_

The positive is that none of them seem interested in venturing out.  Family has been helping out quite a bit and twins school will be fully online for Fall.

6 hours ago, bfine said:

As I understand it many of the conditions are related to mental health. Conditions such as PTSD can cause the mask wearer to obtain heightened levels of anxiety to a point where he/she panics. I agree all should mask up when outside, but it's not a trivial as you make it seem for everyone.

I could see that.  

What's comical is people are making scenes, not thinking, I'm on film (whether it is store cameras or patrons) and are losing their job over this.  

9 hours ago, bfine said:

We have no idea where/how he got COVID.

I am going to guess it's from going to rallies with a bunch of idiots not wearing masks and social distancing.

Or just not doing those things in everyday life. 

at least he had his freedom 

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I am going to guess it's from going to rallies with a bunch of idiots not wearing masks and social distancing.

Well as long as you understand you're just guessing.

9 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Why guess?  Unless he was stuffing bats in his mouth in a Thai wet market, he got it from another human being because they weren't socially distancing.  In fact, he was actively encouraging people to *not* socially distance and to *not* wear a mask, thereby aiding the spread.  In human culture this is considered a dick move. 

Even given his lack of social distancing, if he had been wearing a mask while interacting with the person who infected him, his illness and death could have been avoided.  His odds would have definitely been better. But I guess that's one less vote for the Cheeto. 

What kills me is that these same people would all happily walk around with a fresh zucchini shoved up their asses if Dear Leader told them it would "own the libs*, but wearing a paper mask in certain situations to not literally kill strangers is asking too much.

Our country is teetering on the edge of an abyss, and I don't mean because of Covid.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:57 PM, bfine said:

Well as long as you understand you're just guessing.

lol

On 8/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, CincyInDC said:

Why guess?  Unless he was stuffing bats in his mouth in a Thai wet market, he got it from another human being because they weren't socially distancing.  In fact, he was actively encouraging people to *not* socially distance and to *not* wear a mask, thereby aiding the spread.  In human culture this is considered a dick move. 

Even given his lack of social distancing, if he had been wearing a mask while interacting with the person who infected him, his illness and death could have been avoided.  His odds would have definitely been better. But I guess that's one less vote for the Cheeto. 

I was being sarcastic... again... at least he had his freedom 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, T-Dub said:

What kills me is that these same people would all happily walk around with a fresh zucchini shoved up their asses if Dear Leader told them it would "own the libs*, but wearing a paper mask in certain situations to not literally kill strangers is asking too much.

Our country is teetering on the edge of an abyss, and I don't mean because of Covid.

huh?  it's there... it's fucked dude.. can you imagine what will happen when the orange clown loses?  fucking chaos 

14 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

lol

I was being sarcastic... again... at least he had his freedom 

huh?  it's there... it's fucked dude.. can you imagine what will happen when the orange clown loses?  fucking chaos 

Briefly, perhaps, but I've seen what his base's idea of revolt looks like & it was a bunch of Tactical Dads taking Dorito & Mt Dew shits in the closet of a nature center until they ran out of TP and went home.   That's the real reason they're so scared and hateful of unarmed protesters - they don't have the spine to do it themselves but they know it actually works.  Trump's insulted the military too much and too often to count on any but a fringe element there.   His ICEstapo aren't going to protect him if he loses.

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Briefly, perhaps, but I've seen what his base's idea of revolt looks like & it was a bunch of Tactical Dads taking Dorito & Mt Dew shits in the closet of a nature center until they ran out of TP and went home.   That's the real reason they're so scared and hateful of unarmed protesters - they don't have the spine to do it themselves but they know it actually works.  Trump's insulted the military too much and too often to count on any but a fringe element there.   His ICEstapo aren't going to protect him if he loses.

You ready to be jaw dropping shocked?

Ammond Bundy is a BLM supporter and has come out in support of the defund the police movement. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ammon-bundy-comes-out-in-support-of-blm-calls-to-defund-the-police/

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

You ready to be jaw dropping shocked?

Ammond Bundy is a BLM supporter and has come out in support of the defund the police movement. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ammon-bundy-comes-out-in-support-of-blm-calls-to-defund-the-police/

The fact that could also mean Bureau of Land Management is pretty funny.

Yeah I saw, and I mean I guess that's cool but so what?  

Archived