Anyone have one of these?

2 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

I don’t see a date on it.  I wish I knew what year I was given it.  

45 would have been Archie until 83?  Don’t know who would have been with Kenny after that.  

Not sure who 8X is either

Has to be Archie.  No other 45 in the time period.  Odd, as Archie barely played by '81.  I would say 8X is Collinsworth.  His rookie year was the first year of the striped helmets.  If not Collinsworth, Dan Ross?

I also could think only of Archie Griffin for #45 but I wondered why he would show up on any Bengal montage.  Sure he was a Buckeye legend, but a total stiff as a Bengal (a member of the failed Bengal Buckeye draft pick club along with Big Fatty and Price is Wrong).  Then again, given the pathetic nature of the Bengals franchise, it's not as if you have a bunch of stars to pick from. 

I did have an Eagles one of these too. Since it was 1980, they had more well-known players. Mine clearly depicted Jaws, Bergey, and Harold Carmichael. 

The Bengals were 4-12 in 1979, and 6-10 in 1980. The best known player, was Kenny. The #45 may have been Arch, but along with the unknown #8-something, I always looked at both as simply caracatures and no one specific. 

Archived