Authoritarian Bootlicking

T-Dub

The US was founded in revolution, most advances we've made socially have been driven by protest (sometimes violent ones).  Culturally we've always had a sort of fascination with the outlaw mystique.  Civil disobedience is (or was) one of our core values.

In short, what the fuck happened?  We've reached a point of "Antifa super-soldier" scare mongering and calling our fellow citizens terrorists for shaking a fence.  A large chunk of the population are cheering on our slide into a fascist police state watching others get snatched off the street by literal secret police, because they dare question the Dear Leader.

Was it all just bullshit?  Are we really this servile & it was all t-shirt slogans and tough guy posturing?  Why are we so easily swayed by this most cartoonish of demagogues?

Trump could disappear up Putin's ass tomorrow but we'd still have the mentality that put him in power to deal with.  What the hell is that & how do we regain the America we've claimed to be?

Here's an example of folks "shaking a fence"

https://news.yahoo.com/riot-declared-portland-police-union-200424533.html

The police union building in Portland, Oregon, was set on fire Saturday night, leading police to declare a riot and order the area cleared. Federal authorities left the city at the end of July after weeks of violent clashes between them and protesters, and local leaders have hoped for calm after the federal agents withdrew.

Three officers were injured when police tried to disperse the crowd, Portland police said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, bfine said:

Here's an example of folks "shaking a fence"

https://news.yahoo.com/riot-declared-portland-police-union-200424533.html

Good.  Fuck the FOP, they defend every racist murdering cop no matter the circumstances.  They're also behind the "Blue Lives" bullshit (hint: They aren't blue, it's a shirt).  

Trump threw gas on this fire for weeks and now you want to point out something is burning as justification.  No sale.

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Good.  Fuck the FOP, they defend every racist murdering cop no matter the circumstances.  They're also behind the "Blue Lives" bullshit (hint: They aren't blue, it's a shirt).  

Trump threw gas on this fire for weeks and now you want to point out something is burning as justification.  No sale.

The term to refer to Leos as "blue" has been around since 1922. Are you suggesting we can only label something based on skin color?

WTS, I cannot agree with your assertion of "Good" when pointing to these violent protests. Nor can I blame them on Trump.

Here's some more of that "good' stuff:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-assault-video-random-attack-third-world-country

A man who recorded the moment an person was viciously assaulted by protesters Sunday night near a federal courthouse in Portland, Ore., said the city now feels like a "third world country."

Drew Hernandez told Fox News the man was possibly defending a transgender woman being beaten and robbed by Black Lives Matter protesters when the mob turned their attention to him and his female companion. He got into the truck and drove away as he and the woman were being attacked, Hernandez said.

"I think he just felt extremely threatened," Hernandez told Fox News’ Dan Springer. "They chased him... until he finally crashed. When they finally caught up to him, they went nuts.

"This was violent, extremely violent," he said. "Sometimes I forget I'm walking the streets of an American city in the Northwest. Sometimes it feels like you're walking in a Third World county."

8 hours ago, bfine said:

Man get off Fox News...  Whenever you see a lead using terms like "viciously assaulted" you should have the sense to know you're reading propaganda.   "Brutal" attack.. Dogwhistle harder.

Is there actually footage of any of this? I'm not giving Faux News ad revenue.

"the man was possibly defending a transgender woman being beaten and robbed by Black Lives Matter protesters"

Or the man is possibly making shit up entirely.

How about quit looking for the flimsiest of justifications for your bootlicking?  There is no excuse for vans of secret police snatching random people off the street.  None.

9 hours ago, bfine said:

The term to refer to Leos as "blue" has been around since 1922. Are you suggesting we can only label something based on skin color?

I'm suggesting that the difference between skin color that is part of someone's identity 24/7/365 for their entire life is completely different than a uniform people can take off at will.   How hard is that to understand?

You know how cops don't wear their uniforms to go to the movies with their family, or a neighborhood block party, or out drinking with their buddies?  Might make things weird or kind of uncomfortable, right? Maybe they even do something a little questionable and it reflects poorly on their profession?

Well, skin color doesn't come off.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Man get off Fox News...  Whenever you see a lead using terms like "viciously assaulted" you should have the sense to know you're reading propaganda.   "Brutal" attack.. Dogwhistle harder.

Is there actually footage of any of this? I'm not giving Faux News ad revenue.

"the man was possibly defending a transgender woman being beaten and robbed by Black Lives Matter protesters"

Or the man is possibly making shit up entirely.

How about quit looking for the flimsiest of justifications for your bootlicking?  There is no excuse for vans of secret police snatching random people off the street.  None.

There you go. Drink in the "good" stuff

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm suggesting that the difference between skin color that is part of someone's identity 24/7/365 for their entire life is completely different than a uniform people can take off at will.   How hard is that to understand?

You know how cops don't wear their uniforms to go to the movies with their family, or a neighborhood block party, or out drinking with their buddies?  Might make things weird or kind of uncomfortable, right? Maybe they even do something a little questionable and it reflects poorly on their profession?

Well, skin color doesn't come off.

So that's a Yes?

56 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So he tried to run over protesters and got his ass kicked.   Problem?

No; he was going to a 7-11 and he and his girlfriend got attacked, then managed to get back in his truck and leave. The fact that you don't see a "problem" and consider those that attacked the man "protesters" makes me lose a small amount of hope for humanity. 

3 hours ago, bfine said:

No; he was going to a 7-11 and he and his girlfriend got attacked

According to who?

So let's say it happened exactly as you claim.   What's your point? Throw out the Constitution?  I don't quite understand where you're going with this.

3 hours ago, bfine said:

The fact that you actually have crayons explains a lot. 

Yes I find them helpful for illustration when basic concepts seem above someone's understanding, like the difference between race and a shirt.

This is a "Blue Life" :

png-transparent-smurfette-papa-smurf-gre

And this is not:

20200514105944.100748.331.jpg

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

According to who?

So let's say it happened exactly as you claim.   What's your point? Throw out the Constitution?  I don't quite understand where you're going with this.

Yes I find them helpful for illustration when basic concepts seem above someone's understanding, like the difference between race and a shirt.

Oh the irony. 

On 8/22/2020 at 11:50 PM, bfine said:

Oh the irony. 

So far what I'm getting is "if someone at a protest does something illegal everyone in that city's Constitutional rights are forfeit",  because otherwise what you posted (without any kind of fact-checking) is kind of irrelevant.

My impression rn is that you're just another bootlicker shuckin your corn at the idea of people you disagree with being punished.

Me:  What's with all the bootlicking lately?

You: Boots are actually part of a nutritious breakfast! 

Yeah the US Marshals killed him, claiming he had a gun but apparently didn't involve or even alert local LEO.   Local 911 dispatch started getting shots fired calls from neighbors and only then did they discover there was a federal arrest being made.   Not sure why US Marshals were involved? 

Strange how feds didn't try to arrest the Kenosha Kid in a secret raid.   

The guy was doing interviews with media, seems like a pretty easy dude to apprehend peacefully.  So much for his self-defense argument now.

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah the US Marshals killed him, claiming he had a gun but apparently didn't involve or even alert local LEO.   Local 911 dispatch started getting shots fired calls from neighbors and only then did they discover there was a federal arrest being made.   Not sure why US Marshals were involved? 

Strange how feds didn't try to arrest the Kenosha Kid in a secret raid.   

The guy was doing interviews with media, seems like a pretty easy dude to apprehend peacefully.  So much for his self-defense argument now.

That stinks of an execution.

Archived