Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross leaves training camp after son tests positive for COVID-19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-john-ross-leaves-training-camp-after-son-tests-positive-for-covid-19/ar-BB17Swy2?li=BBnb7Kz

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross leaves training camp after son tests positive for COVID-19
Tyler Dragon, Cincinnati Enquirer  1 hr ago

USA TODAY SPORTS lCincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross leaves training camp after son tests positive for COVID-19

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross has left training camp for Los Angeles to take care of his young son who tested positive for COVID-19, multiple people with knowledge of the situation told the Cincinnati Enquirer and USA TODAY Network. The people spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the matter.

NFL Network reported Ross’ son and the son’s mother both tested positive for COVID-19.

The Bengals likely will place Ross on the reserve/COVID-19 list while he is in Los Angeles, but the team has yet to do so.

Ross is in the final year of his contract. He suffered a sternoclavicular injury in Week 4 last season and was placed on injured reserve. He came back later in the year and finished with career-highs in both catches (28) and receiving yards (506).

The 2017 first-round pick has 49 receptions, 716 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in his career.

26 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

So Aug 26th (14 days) would be the first time he could practice with the team again?  I am asking, not sure. 

I am new here. I am old at CincyJungle as JungleJohn and posting regularly for over 10 years and being a Bengals fan since day one.  I am looking for a new Bengal's site to  frequent as the new system at CJ is untenable right now. It is a good site though it has  fallen in the last few years regarding legitimate discussion.  I want to post about the game and the Bengals without all of the  crap and with a focus in intelligent, knowledgeable and civil debate. Am I in the right place?  It is okay obviously if I am not as this should be the site all of you want it to be.   You should know that I am an old guy, Vietnam combat vet and recently retired business owner. You will also notice mis-spelling as I suffer from a bit of macular degeneration  and don't see the screen as clearly as I used to.  Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself off topic. 

On topic, I get Ross' prioritizing his family and hope all goes well for him. I also hope he returns soonest but I never really factored him into being a major player for us anyway. 

1 hour ago, JungleJohn said:

I am new here. I am old at CincyJungle as JungleJohn and posting regularly for over 10 years and being a Bengals fan since day one.  I am looking for a new Bengal's site to  frequent as the new system at CJ is untenable right now. It is a good site though it has  fallen in the last few years regarding legitimate discussion.  I want to post about the game and the Bengals without all of the  crap and with a focus in intelligent, knowledgeable and civil debate. Am I in the right place?  It is okay obviously if I am not as this should be the site all of you want it to be.   You should know that I am an old guy, Vietnam combat vet and recently retired business owner. You will also notice mis-spelling as I suffer from a bit of macular degeneration  and don't see the screen as clearly as I used to.  Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself off topic. 

On topic, I get Ross' prioritizing his family and hope all goes well for him. I also hope he returns soonest but I never really factored him into being a major player for us anyway. 

Welcome JungleJohn!

6 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

I frequent another Message Board, but not because of the level of discussion, but more so familiarity with posters from the old Bengals.com MB. I will say this site is better moderated and has knowledgeable posters.  

To the OP: I hope JR does what's best for his family. I'm just not sure going to them is the best, but I do not know the details. 

11 hours ago, bfine said:

I frequent another Message Board, but not because of the level of discussion, but more so familiarity with posters from the old Bengals.com MB. I will say this site is better moderated and has knowledgeable posters.  :blink:

To the OP: I hope JR does what's best for his family. I'm just not sure going to them is the best, but I do not know the details. 

:ninja:

18 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Welcome to the board.  I hope to see a lot more of your input.

And thank you for your service to our country and doubly more so for serving in Viet Nam.

19 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Welcome.  As far as the Bengals part of the board goes we only allow Bengals fans here for the most part.  There are a few outsiders who show up during rivalry weeks but they are not your typical mouth breathers, we will ban any of them that come to talk trash about the Bengals.   

We do have our share of opinions but most of it is pretty well grounded.   The board has a nice mix of old timers and new younglings who didn't live through the dark ages so it can get interesting.    We (mods) won't put up with outright personal attacks but the "What are you smoking?" type jabs are fine.

The other part of the board is what it is.  If you want to discuss politics on the other parts of the board don't expect any moderation so you better have thick skin.  We don't allow politics in the Bengals forum unless it has to do with football aka DeWine shutting down fans at stadiums is perfectly acceptable discussion here, Trump = Bad Orange man  isn't. 

Welcome aboard.  The board will start to pick up soon.  It has been a rough couple of months. 

15 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Jeez. His kid is only three years old. Hope all goes well for his family.

Based on the science his kid should be fine.  The mom is in greater danger statistically but still probably very safe if she has no underlying issues.    I can't fault him for being concerned but I am not sure why he would go back.  He shouldn't be near them and if he tests positive, he just restarts the 14 day clock I believe.  He may be looking at 21 days plus away from the team based on how long it takes to test positive once you are infected.   Not the best thing considering he needs to build some cohesion with a rookie QB and he is playing for his next contract.  He might have just handed Tee Higgins a starting spot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, SF2 said:

Based on the science his kid should be fine.  The mom is in greater danger statistically but still probably very safe if she has no underlying issues.    I can't fault him for being concerned but I am not sure why he would go back.  He shouldn't be near them and if he tests positive, he just restarts the 14 day clock I believe.  He may be looking at 21 days plus away from the team based on how long it takes to test positive once you are infected.   Not the best thing considering he needs to build some cohesion with a rookie QB and he is playing for his next contract.  He might have just handed Tee Higgins a starting spot. 

Actually i see a stating unit of Green Higgins Boyd with Tate Ross and Errickson behind them..

Mike Thomas as the last receiver due ti his soecial teans abilities..

With injuries bound to occur its nice depth to have...

Btw put Stanley Morgan on PS..

Archived