No Fans for Home Opener

%7B4df145e2-b7af-44e1-8f74-e8823fe3d0de%7D_Bengal_B.jpg
Dear High School Harry,

Sports hold a special place in American life. Nowhere is that more true than in the state of Ohio, which holds historic relationships with all the major sports. Ohio's relationship with football stands without peer, and Ohio is widely known as the home of professional football in America.

Over the past several months, we have worked diligently with the NFL, with local governments and with experts in the health community to submit a plan with the hopes of responsibly reopening professional football in Ohio and safely welcoming fans back to Paul Brown Stadium.

We are sorry to write you that the exemption we sought some time ago has not been granted by the state at this time. Additionally, the state order released last week restricts the number of individuals - including staff, coaches and players - to 1,500 allowed at the stadium. Because of this, the Cincinnati Bengals will not host any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

Know that we are working tirelessly to have you join us at Paul Brown Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so. We hope that can be on Oct. 4 when we play the Jacksonville Jaguars. Any payments made towards your season tickets would still be applied towards remaining 2020 home games. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact me. 

We still want to keep you close during what we hope is an exciting 2020 Bengals season - including the debut of Joe Burrow, the return of AJ Green, and an exciting new defense featuring DJ Reader, Vonn Bell and many others. We will share more updates as we find new ways to virtually engage our loyal Season Ticket Members. For now, follow us on our social channels @Bengals and visit Bengals.com for exclusive videos and more.

Most importantly, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and staying strong during these challenging times. We love and admire the resilience of Who Dey Nation and look forward to being together again next.
You may have questions so please reach out by phone at (513) 455-8888 or email with any questions or concerns regarding your account.

Stay safe & WHO DEY!

Alex Couch
Manager, Season Ticket Member Services

9 minutes ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Looks like we're getting the short end, only 1,500 people allowed in the stadium.

I was thinking that was teams, staffs and media/TV crews.

Owners, families and part owners for visiting teams, too.

Some VIPs but no lowly fans.

Oh well... the refund for that and the two cancelled pre season home games will be nice.

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I was thinking that was teams, staffs and media/TV crews.

Owners, families and part owners for visiting teams, too.

Some VIPs but no lowly fans.

Oh well... the refund for that and the two cancelled pre season home games will be nice.

Harry, got same email, just from different account manager. Notice, no talk anywhere regarding refunds? Just "any payments made towards your season tickets would still be applied towards remaining 2020 Home games". WTF does that mean? I would hope that all of the "payments" I've made (100%) would have been "applied" to all the games I've paid to attend? You know what they've done in the past like with playoff tickets that weren't used. Made it very easy to have it credited to your next years season tickets, but made it very difficult to obtain a refund. If they try that with these "cancelled" games and make it very easy to "hold" my money for 2 years with no meaningful "compensation" or "interest", I have several lawyer friends that would be happy to start a class action lawsuit. I'll keep you and all others informed, if it would come to that.

MOC out!

For a limited time -- Available until Tuesday Sept. 1 at 5 p.m.

After announcing no fans at their home opener, the Bengals are offering season ticket members and fans a chance to buy a cardboard cutout with their picture to fill seats for their game against the L.A. Chargers on Sunday, Sept. 13.

All net proceeds from the sales will benefit six of the Bengals' longstanding community partners:

• The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Cincinnati
  • Freestore Foodbank
  • The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
  • Salvation Army Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky
  • Good Samaritan Foundation | TriHealth
  • United Way of Greater Cincinnati

Fans can choose where their donation goes.

https://www.bengals.com/fans/fan-cutouts

https://www.fox19.com/2020/09/05/gov-dewine-grants-variance-allowing-up-fans-bengals-browns-games/

Gov. DeWine grants variance allowing up to 6,000 fans at Bengals, Browns games

By Natalya Daoud | September 5, 2020 at 12:06 PM EDT - Updated September 5 at 3:57 PM

CINCINNATI (FOX19) -Gov. DeWine granted a variance to Ohio’s sports order Saturday, allowing up to 6,000 fans to attend two of the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns home games.

In a statement from the Bengals, they said they are, “thrilled with the prospect of having fans at our home games and will reach out shortly to season ticket members and fans with more specifics.”

No more than 1,500 fans will be allowed on each side of the stadium. All fans must wear a mask and must use the designated entrance for their ticket.

The games include:

• September 17th: Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns
  • September 27th: Washington Football Team at Cleveland Browns
  • October 4th: Jacksonville Jaguars at Cincinnati Bengals
  • October 25th: Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals

“This year will certainly be different, but both the Browns and the Bengals have worked exceedingly hard and have made extensive preparations to welcome a limited number of fans to their stadiums safely,” said Governor Mike DeWine.

“These very thorough plans and safety precautions warrant a two-game trial to try and accommodate fans, at reduced capacities with social distancing and masks,” DeWine said.

Copyright 2020 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Hi High School Harry,

We hope you had a nice Labor Day weekend and are excited for our home opener this Sunday at 4:05p ET!

Over the holiday weekend, we learned from the State of Ohio that we have been granted a variance to have 6,000 fans at our next two home games on October 4th against the Jacksonville Jaguars and October 25th against the Cleveland Browns.

The guidelines in our original plan still apply, including required face coverings and social-distanced seating.

The State also set-forth some new restrictions to the seating, which will result in select sections, including the canopy (300-level), being closed. To be clear, that means all fans attending games will need to select new seats for the October home games. 

Season Ticket Members will receive exclusive first-priority to claim new seats. We will follow up with more details regarding your seating options very soon with information about timing, payment and more. Due to the limited number of seats, we will do our best to accommodate as many fans as possible.

Until then, know we are beyond thrilled about this news and hope to see you in October.

WHO DEY!
Season Ticket Member Services
(513) 455-8888

Dear High School Harry,

Exciting news! Starting next week, our seating options will be available exclusively to Season Ticket Members, based on your designated time below. Seats will be offered as a 2-game package that includes our October 4 game vs. Jacksonville and our October 25 game vs. Cleveland. All prices can be found here .

Your designated log-in time to view seating options: Monday, September 14th at 10 AM EST.

To begin, please go to 'My Bengals Account' and log-in. We strongly suggest logging in to your account prior to your designated window to familiarize yourself with the log-in process. While we would love to accommodate all fans, we also need to adhere to all health and safety regulations and orders, therefore we will be unable to change your priority or fulfill any special requests. **Seating is limited, we cannot guarantee seating availability or locations

Priority Seating Guidelines

1. Season Ticket Member priority access will be determined by your tenure and COA status (if applicable). All tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis during your selection window.
  2. Any payments made towards season tickets for the 2020 season can be applied when you purchase your 2-game pack.
  3. If you have a parking pass for the season, it will be added to your account by September 21st. If you do not purchase a 2-game pack, you will not have parking added. If you do not want your parking pass, please reach out to us so we can credit your account.  
  4. All tickets and parking will be completely mobile.
  5. To provide seating options to as many Season Ticket Members as possible, we ask that you limit your 2-game pack purchase quantity to the same number of seats on your account. Any 2-game packs purchased over your allotment will be released and money credited back to your account. 
  6. Due to current guidelines we will be offering seating groups (pods) of up to six people. If you have over six seats on your account, you can purchase multiple pods, up to the number of seats on your account. For instance, if you have 10 seats on your account, you could purchase a pod of four and a pod of six seats. Pods must be selected in their entirety and may not be split up.
How to Purchase Your Tickets

1. Log in to 'My Bengals Account'.
  2. Click 'Click Here to Re-Seat'.
  3. Click 'Select' under the event for Jacksonville and Cleveland
  4. You will see a map of our stadium with available seats. Set the quantity of seats in the upper left corner to see available pods containing your desired number of seats. 
  5. Select the pod(s) you would like and click "Continue"
  6. Verify the seats in your shopping cart and click "Checkout".
  7. Please ensure your account information is correct. 
  8. Under delivery method, you will only see "Mobile". Please reach out to us with any questions.
  9. Under payments, you will see any 2020 account credit listed. Please check the box 'Apply ($XX.XX) in Credits towards purchase'. If you have any balance due, you will need to enter credit card information. Any account credit balance leftover will remain on your account for future games.
  10. Click the check mark box agreeing to the terms and conditions and click Submit.

We are so excited to have fans back in the stadium. With the help of our amazing Season Ticket Members, we know we can have a great gameday experience while adhering to all health and safety best practices and regulations. We want to hear the roar from the crowd, even with your face coverings on!
We know there will be questions, so please feel free to reach out to us!

WHO DEY!

STM Services
(513) 455-8888

15 minutes ago, MOC said:

My open buy time isn't until Tuesday at 10? Hope there are some left by then? 20 year season ticket holder, always bought single game tix for Riverfront and Nippert to sit in different places before PB 😷

Mine the same date and time but I'm not getting any so you can have mine. lol

2 minutes ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Mine the same date and time but I'm not getting any so you can have mine. lol

Thanks RDB, but if all that's left at that point are the $600 club seats I won't be buying any either. Normal seats are second row south end zone (156) so I wouldn't even know how to act in the "Club" 🤪 

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it...but...

I'm sitting here watching TNF, Texans at Chiefs.  Chiefs have a decent amount of fans in the stands (17,000?) and they are very audible/loud.  So KC has an OBVIOUS home field advantage, whereas almost all other Game 1's, including ours, are not allowing fans, and consequently no clear home field advantage.  I don't get it?  Hey NFL, where's the equality?  Why didn't they make this fair across the board???

It depends on the state/municipalities where the teams are located. Missouri  has more relaxed "public gathering" ordinances. Ohio still (other than the two "variance games" ) does not allow more than a small percentage in attendance. Brand new stadiums in Las Vegas and LA will have no fans at all for the entire year--mandates ordered by either the state, or by the teams.

The NFL has no say whatsoever in the number of people in the buildings.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

It depends on the state/municipalities where the teams are located. Missouri  has more relaxed "public gathering" ordinances. Ohio still (other than the two "variance games" ) does not allow more than a small percentage in attendance. Brand new stadiums in Las Vegas and LA will have no fans at all for the entire year--mandates ordered by either the state, or by the teams.

The NFL has no say whatsoever in the number of people in the buildings.

But the NFL COULD say zero fans for each location...if equality was desired.

Archived