Mackensie Alexander arrested for battery in Florida

RayDoggBengal

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Tibor needs his ass beat a couple times just to know what it feels like to be on that end of things.

He's supposed to be a Dr or some shit but I could never imagine a Dr having the maturity level of a teenage girl. Just doesn't jibe. 

Dr. Pepper has more to say than he does.

21 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Most likely the charges will be dropped.  The long-time friend of the father who was stupidly beat on by his friend's son will likely not press charges and the police will let it drop.

This seems likely. They will reach a civil settlement and without cooperation of the victim, the charges will be dropped. $10K should be enough to get it done. 

47 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

After all this it appears 'ol Tibs was right.   Alexander was a moron who's first thought was to beat someone up.  Old school Bengals for sure.

Mehhh...without being there and witnessing it first-hand, I will have to suggest we agree to disagree.

Dad missing for days...possibly dead...emotions running high...maybe the "friend" wasn't cooperating?...maybe frustrated with police policy runarounds.  The whole "I looked for him for a while and decided to just come home and tell his wife" doesn't sit right with me either.  Why not contact authorities immediately while you were still in the vicinity?  You were in a State Park, why not at least tell the Park Rangers?  I got the impression these guys were not close to home either.  Why waste time driving home?  I would never just leave someone out there lost like that without at least contacting others first.  I'd be very upset and frustrated with a guy like that if my father (RIP) was involved.

The "beat someone up" is an over-exaggeration too.  From what was reported, it was one punch...and again, who knows what the "punch" really was.  I also doubt that his "first thought" was to leave practice and go "beat someone up" in FL.

Another thought...it seems that harvesting these palmetto berries can be illegal...my *guess* is the "friend" selfishly valued his own desire to avoid legal trouble over the safety, well-being, and potentially the life of the missing person.

Finally, this isn't getting drunk at 3am in some place you shouldn't have been at in the first place and then punching a security guard because you felt privileged.  This was family in potentially dire circumstances and dealing with some of the strongest emotions possible.  BIG DIFFERENCE...at least to me. 

Mac gets a pass IMHO.  I know, I know...just a dumb Bengals fan stupidly supporting another dumb Bengal player...yadda, yadda, yadda.

21 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Mehhh...without being there and witnessing it first-hand, I will have to suggest we agree to disagree.

Dad missing for days...possibly dead...emotions running high...maybe the "friend" wasn't cooperating?...maybe frustrated with police policy runarounds.  The whole "I looked for him for a while and decided to just come home and tell his wife" doesn't sit right with me either.  Why not contact authorities immediately while you were still in the vicinity?  You were in a State Park, why not at least tell the Park Rangers?  I got the impression these guys were not close to home either.  Why waste time driving home?  I would never just leave someone out there lost like that without at least contacting others first.  I'd be very upset and frustrated with a guy like that if my father (RIP) was involved.

The "beat someone up" is an over-exaggeration too.  From what was reported, it was one punch...and again, who knows what the "punch" really was.  I also doubt that his "first thought" was to leave practice and go "beat someone up" in FL.

Another thought...it seems that harvesting these palmetto berries can be illegal...my *guess* is the "friend" selfishly valued his own desire to avoid legal trouble over the safety, well-being, and potentially the life of the missing person.

Finally, this isn't getting drunk at 3am in some place you shouldn't have been at in the first place and then punching a security guard because you felt privileged.  This was family in potentially dire circumstances and dealing with some of the strongest emotions possible.  BIG DIFFERENCE...at least to me. 

Mac gets a pass IMHO.  I know, I know...just a dumb Bengals fan stupidly supporting another dumb Bengal player...yadda, yadda, yadda.

If this guy wasn't a Bengals player would you be as quick to make all these assumptions in his favor?  I doubt it.  It was still moronic to punch another old man.  Alexander should have called the cops on the old man  himself if he felt he was guilty of something.  Stupid and no defending it. 

Then again it isn't something that should end the guy's career.  The NFL should give him a game.  You don't get to take the law into your own hands.  The fact that he was found and apparently OK is testament to that.  Don't get violent.  Period.

You may not like his style, but Tibor right more often than you guys want to think.  He's over the top, but if you chill out and realize it's just some guy letting off steam it's entertaining.  Better than punching some old man because you think he did something he may not have done.  If you've been a fan of this team for decades you have plenty of reasons to take the negative side to everything.

46 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

His son is a dumbass.  Stop trying to rationalize it. 

And people are forgetting this guy is probably old.  Old people do weird things.

And Alexander is an elite NFL athlete.   And he punches an old man?  Just disgraceful. 

Mac had a friend with him during the encounter (also arrested—see article posted in above post)

“The man continued to refuse to go with Alexander and Clement, then Clement grabbed the man and held him down "rendering him defenseless" while Alexander punched him in the face several times, according to the sheriff's office. “

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If this guy wasn't a Bengals player would you be as quick to make all these assumptions in his favor?  I doubt it.  It was still moronic to punch another old man.  Alexander should have called the cops on the old man  himself if he felt he was guilty of something.  Stupid and no defending it. 

Then again it isn't something that should end the guy's career.  The NFL should give him a game.  You don't get to take the law into your own hands.  The fact that he was found and apparently OK is testament to that.  Don't get violent.  Period.

You may not like his style, but Tibor right more often than you guys want to think.  He's over the top, but if you chill out and realize it's just some guy letting off steam it's entertaining.  Better than punching some old man because you think he did something he may not have done.  If you've been a fan of this team for decades you have plenty of reasons to take the negative side to everything.

Ok your praise for Tibor is noted...

Looks like ol' Tibor won this round.

Will those who engaged in personal attacks apologize?  Sure Tibor may comment on the "dumb" and "stupid" posts praising Andy Dullard but he doesn't ask for those who voice such opinions to get their ass beat.

Will MontanaBengal apologize for warning me for my post, which turned out to be 100% accurate?

In the meantime while I wait for an apology I'll amuse myself reading old posts about how New England is going to pick up Andy Dullton and make the playoffs.  LMAO.  Another instance when Tibor was 100% correct - no team in the league wanted the shitty QB to start for them.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Crazy situation but at least it had a happy ending with the guy being found alive and well.  I can't judge anyone because I would probably be pretty unhinged if my dad was missing and possibly dead.  Hopefully it gets resolved out of court and Alexander misses little or no time.  

Yup.  If you were with my dad when he went missing I'd be pretty upset at you too.

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Ok your praise for Tibor is noted...

Haha.  Well, first of all he was right.  Second of all we have people on the board saying he should get his ass kicked just because they don't like his posts. 

When he's wrong, which Tibor can often be, give him hell.  In this case some folks need to eat some crow.

Finally, there is this great feature on this board called the ignore button.  If Tibor bothers you so much just use it.  I have on some posters.  It makes things much better.

He’s not right. The situation is not same old bengals. Your desire to hump him is noted.

no one here knows how they would react given all these facts. To sit their like the stanky queef that Tibor is and hop on his troll bus is, as usual, bullshit. It’s self-loathing crap like that which makes this board shit all too often.

the guy’s father was missing. The guy who was with him left him. They were apparently out doing something they were not supposed to do and Alexander reacted with anger as he certainly would know the man he punched and the circumstances. Everyone commenting on this board about it is ill-equipped to understand whatever history is there or Alexander’s emotional reaction to it.

and it is horseshit of the first order to “same old bengals” this when this team has been among the least in trouble with regard to legal matter in the nfl for years - and to use this particular very odd series of vents to troll with that narrative is extreme horseshit.  

no board needs a poster whose only job is to troll. It’s bad faith and all it does is drive people away. But, hey, this board has experience with that, so, tibor it is.

17 minutes ago, membengal said:

He’s not right. The situation is not same old bengals. Your desire to hump him is noted.

Up yours. 

17 minutes ago, membengal said:

no one here knows how they would react given all these facts. To sit their like the stanky queef that Tibor is and hop on his troll bus is, as usual, bullshit. It’s self-loathing crap like that which makes this board shit all too often.

the guy’s father was missing. The guy who was with him left him. They were apparently out doing something they were not supposed to do and Alexander reacted with anger as he certainly would know the man he punched and the circumstances. Everyone commenting on this board about it is ill-equipped to understand whatever history is there or Alexander’s emotional reaction to it.

and it is horseshit of the first order to “same old bengals” this when this team has been among the least in trouble with regard to legal matter in the nfl for years - and to use this particular very odd series of vents to troll with that narrative is extreme horseshit.  

no board needs a poster whose only job is to troll. It’s bad faith and all it does is drive people away. But, hey, this board has experience with that, so, tibor it is.

This really is simple.  Attacking someone is wrong.  Always.  I don't give a shit about his or your emotional state.  Sounds like both of you need to grow up.  One of the many reasons our world is degrading into a cesspool is that people think their emotions or feeling justify anything they want to do.  They don't.  Life is hard.  Learn to deal with it.  If you can't, get locked up.

I don't know Tibor personally, but knew him from the old Bengals Insider board.  I find him hilarious.  Different strokes as they say.  You may feel trolls drive people away from boards, and that may be true.  People who attack people personally for having different opinions do the  same.  You might want to look in the mirror. 

Me : bad faith trolling is bad. 

you: stop attacking people!

to link this to bengals issues from 10-15 years ago is crap. But it’s the kind of bad faith crap tibor deals in and you celebrate.

if his point was- “all assault is bad no matter the context” - people could discuss that. But he went way beyond that to troll. Glad you find it entertaining I guess. I’m allowed to say it makes the board a shittier place - and its a board that doesn’t need to be shittier.

Just now, membengal said:

me: what the fuckever.  God forbid someone point obvious shit out. 

My point is I don't think Tibs' act is in bad faith.  It's over the top and comical, and sometimes square on the money.  Losing your mind over it is juvenile. 

I actually don't mind a little give and take on the personal front, but calling to ban someone and/or suggesting he should be beat up is so ridiculous and soft.  That's why I responded.  If you want to be the board police you should start with yourself. 

24 minutes ago, membengal said:

to link this to bengals issues from 10-15 years ago is crap. But it’s the kind of bad faith crap tibor deals in and you celebrate.

if his point was- “all assault is bad no matter the context” - people could discuss that. But he went way beyond that to troll. Glad you find it entertaining I guess. I’m allowed to say it makes the board a shittier place - and its a board that doesn’t need to be shittier.

You change your post after a response?  Ok. 

All I did was put my two cents in that Tibor doesn't make it a shittier place.  It's entertaining as hell.  Better than a bunch of people all agreeing with each other all the time. 

You are really all steamed up about the "same old Bengals" line?  That's bad faith trolling?  Sounds more like your, and others, defense of Alexander doesn't hold water so you switch to some throwaway line. 

Keep digging.

Archived