Crazy Year

It is hard to believe NFL football starts in 15 days.  Without the preseason games it doesn’t even feel like August yet. 

High School football is starting this Friday in some States and there is even a college football game this weekend.  

However, the Reds still suck in August so somethings never change. 

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It is hard to believe NFL football starts in 15 days.  Without the preseason games it doesn’t even feel like August yet. 

High School football is starting this Friday in some States and there is even a college football game this weekend.  

However, the Reds still suck in August so somethings never change. 

My god that is hard to believe. I feel like there is still so much preparation needed before then! We've had what, four padded practices and one scrimmage? I really hope Joe is ready to lead the offense. From what I've read thus far that seems promising, hopefully it isn't all fluff.

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

How often do teams in the Premier league play each week?

Must be exhausting for than 2 or 3 times if they do...

League schedule-wise, it's usually once a week. But, there are multiple other competitions they participate in:,European Champions League, English FA Cup, and one Swansea will be playing the opening round in their next match...the EFL (Carabao) Cup. These are schedules within schedules, so sometimes teams may play those 2-3 times per week depending how far they advance. Oh, and I didn't mention that there are the international competitions...where many players head off to play for their home countries. These matches delay league matches, and thus cause mid to late year scheduling logjams.

The players are extremely well-conditioned, but yeah...it would have to be exhausting.

12 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

As bad as the Bengals season was last year, I am happy to report that the NFL tire fires are now burning in Washington and Jacksonville. Most of the press for the Bengals is now positive due to Burrow

So we got that going for us, which is nice. 

On 8/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, Le Tigre said:

League schedule-wise, it's usually once a week. But, there are multiple other competitions they participate in:,European Champions League, English FA Cup, and one Swansea will be playing the opening round in their next match...the EFL (Carabao) Cup. These are schedules within schedules, so sometimes teams may play those 2-3 times per week depending how far they advance. Oh, and I didn't mention that there are the international competitions...where many players head off to play for their home countries. These matches delay league matches, and thus cause mid to late year scheduling logjams.

The players are extremely well-conditioned, but yeah...it would have to be exhausting.

The better clubs have deep benches but the World Cup qualifiers have to be killers for the South American guys playing in Europe.  Going from the UK or Europe to Brazil for one game?   Yuk. 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:06 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

As bad as the Bengals season was last year, I am happy to report that the NFL tire fires are now burning in Washington and Jacksonville. Most of the press for the Bengals is now positive due to Burrow

Bengals are a team with upside. We'll still likely finish 4th in the division and have a top 10 pick as our rookie QB takes his lumps behind our poor O-line. But the future is bright in Bengaldom. Jags are clearly tanking for Trevor. DC has lots of off-field issues plus a lack of talent on the roster.

Archived