53 man roster stuff

cin.png&h=110&w=110

Cincinnati Bengals

Wide receiver is easily the deepest unit on the roster. From starters Tyler Boyd and A.J. Green to camp breakouts such as Mike Thomas and Auden Tate, the Bengals have several at their disposal. Scotty Washington, an undrafted rookie, has shown promise and worked with Joe Burrow during the pre-draft process. Given how much the Bengals use formations that feature three or more receivers, it makes sense to keep eight wide receivers. Read more from Ben Baby

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Or in simpler terms..."No he has no intangibles we like"...

I never liked his fragile build...and mind...

QB depth is pretty rare, seems to me the 3rd stringer you get now isn't going to be much better than whoever is available  months from now.    

I mean..  If it comes to that, we can always trade a pick to Dallas and get Andy back.

Haha you cant downvote :Troll-min:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

QB depth is pretty rare, seems to me the 3rd stringer you get now isn't going to be much better than whoever is available  months from now.    

I mean..  If it comes to that, we can always trade a pick to Dallas and get Andy back.

Haha you cant downvote :Troll-min:

At vet minimum maybe....

The Bengals today announced their first practice squad of the 2020 season. It features 14 players out of a maximum of 16 spots.

Here are the 14 players: 

Trae Waynes was slated to be the Cincinnati Bengals’ Week 1 starter when training camp started. Instead, the Bengals cornerback is on IR.

The Bengals placed Waynes on injured reserve on Monday in what was an anticipated move. Waynes sustained a pectoral injury in practice on Aug. 9. Bengals coach Zac Taylor called Waynes' injury “unfortunate.”

Waynes is expected to miss at least two months.

The Bengals signed Waynes to a three-year, $42 million contract in March. He spent his previous five seasons as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

Waynes has 247 tackles, 42 pass deflections and seven interceptions in 74 career games. Cornerback Darius Phillips is expected to replace Waynes in the starting lineup.

In a corresponding move, the Bengals re-signed cornerback Torry McTyer. McTyer was waived by the Bengals on Saturday but the team decided to bring him back in part because he has experience in defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo’s system. The fourth-year corner played in five games for the Bengals in 2019. He started his career in Miami in 2017.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Trae Waynes was slated to be the Cincinnati Bengals’ Week 1 starter when training camp started. Instead, the Bengals cornerback is on IR.

The Bengals placed Waynes on injured reserve on Monday in what was an anticipated move. Waynes sustained a pectoral injury in practice on Aug. 9. Bengals coach Zac Taylor called Waynes' injury “unfortunate.”

Waynes is expected to miss at least two months.

The Bengals signed Waynes to a three-year, $42 million contract in March. He spent his previous five seasons as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

Waynes has 247 tackles, 42 pass deflections and seven interceptions in 74 career games. Cornerback Darius Phillips is expected to replace Waynes in the starting lineup.

In a corresponding move, the Bengals re-signed cornerback Torry McTyer. McTyer was waived by the Bengals on Saturday but the team decided to bring him back in part because he has experience in defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo’s system. The fourth-year corner played in five games for the Bengals in 2019. He started his career in Miami in 2017.

I was surprised that we didn’t pick up a veteran CB on waivers.    :shrug:

🦗

Archived