Week 1 Bengals vs Chargers

54 minutes ago, Gremzz said:
55 minutes ago, iwamas said:
If we had our damn time outs for that last drive we could have easily had more time to punch it in

Same story no matter who the coach is

I disagree. Last year the bengals always had their timeouts. One thing that really impressed me about Taylor was just that because Marvin was never good at it. Burrow's composure down the stretch, especially after that int was very encouraging. With no preseason and a rookie QB, the TO thing was bound to happen. 

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

The Bengals

Finding New Ways to Lose 

Every Week...

I'm going to have to give some REAL serious thought to 

getting tickets for those two games tonight.

We can stay home and watch them lose for free

and get money back for my tickets.

If I was up there there is no way I would pay for NFL games. 

One fumble by a RB changes the whole game? We are fans of a very weak team unfortunately.

Disappointed yes but a few positives. Good to see Burrow drive after a Dalton-esque int. Should’ve won this won but hope a lot was learned from this loss and it stings. First things first, Hartless needs to be benched and the playbook needs to be opened up, that first half offense was way to conservative

The two positive takeaways from this game are the defense showing up and Burrow getting a chance at the end to show he can command the offense and throw into tight spots with confidence.  It just has to continue, not turn into Dalton 2.0 where a week after playing pretty damn good he's throwing 10 feet over heads, then into triple coverage, then fumbling.

The really discouraging thing is SD really isn't a good team, they came into the Jungle and still came out with a W. So frustrating. Seeing the Browns get throttled and then laying down and dying makes me hope we can get back to .500 on a short week buteven that doesn't seem like a sure thing.

35 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

If Bullock is hurt, who do we go after?

Pyrite Graham or Nugent?

I'll take anyone over Bullock. This is another example of how this organization cannot judge talent. The better kicker, the one we should have kept, is kicking for the Eagles now

42 minutes ago, kriZENry said:

Disappointed yes but a few positives. Good to see Burrow drive after a Dalton-esque int. Should’ve won this won but hope a lot was learned from this loss and it stings. First things first, Hartless needs to be benched and the playbook needs to be opened up, that first half offense was way to conservative

I don’t know that it was intended to be conservative.  Half a dozen times in the first half, the Bengals ran plays meant to push the ball down the field. And each time, Bobby Hart happened.

I think the fourth quarter tape will give them something to build on. And, let’s face it. Hart’s not doing to be lined up against Joey Bosa every week.

There was a lot to be happy about. Burrow fit the ball into tight windows. The run blocking was decent. The defense played downhill. Josh Bynes might be the best Bengal linebacker since Burfict, circa 2014. 

Concerns? Burrow has to be more accurate down the field. Obviously, something has to change in pass pro on the right side. And... well. That’s really it.

I think this team is a lock to win 6 games. They’re probably good enough to win 7 or 8. And if they catch some breaks, they could sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6.

42 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

The two positive takeaways from this game are the defense showing up and Burrow getting a chance at the end to show he can command the offense and throw into tight spots with confidence. 

The defense definitely looked solid for most of the game, a big plus. And for his first NFL start Burrow was in command and generally looked pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Big Alice said:

I don’t know that it was intended to be conservative.  Half a dozen times in the first half, the Bengals ran plays meant to push the ball down the field. And each time, Bobby Hart happened.

I think the fourth quarter tape will give them something to build on. And, let’s face it. Hart’s not doing to be lined up against Joey Bosa every week.

There was a lot to be happy about. Burrow fit the ball into tight windows. The run blocking was decent. The defense played downhill. Josh Bynes might be the best Bengal linebacker since Burfict, circa 2014. 

Concerns? Burrow has to be more accurate down the field. Obviously, something has to change in pass pro on the right side. And... well. That’s really it.

I think this team is a lock to win 6 games. They’re probably good enough to win 7 or 8. And if they catch some breaks, they could sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6.

Absolutely hope you’re right, Bobby was pathetic 

The only positive from this game is that Burrow final drive.  The Chargers are garbage - unlikely to make the playoffs.  Which is why I said this was a must-win game if this team was going to have any hope for contending.  Instead we saw typical Bengal buffonery:

Got zero turnovers

Fumbled the ball on their own 20

Throw god-awful INT in the red zone

Give up 2 minute drill points (typical Bungle D)

Miss a chip shot FG

Can't blame this loss on the refs.  A halfway decent team at home would have beaten the Chargers by 2 TDs.  Tyrod Taylor?  The guy might be as crappy as Dullton. 

If the RapistBurger doesn't get injured this year, this team goes 0-4 against them and the Rats and none of those games are close.

Burrow looks very talented, but he is still a rookie.   A rookie with a shit OL.  He can’t drop back and look deep.  He’ll get killed.  The shuffle pass pick was pure Dalton.  Still, he rallied and deserved better.  

The Bengals are still the Bengals.  They find ways to lose.  That hasn’t changed, so they are still then”same old Bengals” until proven differently.  Horrible fumble and INT in crunch time.  Legitimate offensive PI call on winning TD.  

Hope Burrow can lead them out of this Mike Brown led malaise, but only time will tell.  

Welcome to the Bengals Joe Burrow. 

4 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

if this team was going to have any hope for contending.

But that's the whole point, the Bengals are going nowhere this year...it's all about developing Joe Burrow, and he had a good first game. Getting screwed out of the win by the refs isn't really all that critical.

Archived