Week 1 Bengals vs Chargers

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Snap Counts.

Wow, that Ross stat sure doesn't help the sting.  WTF?  I get not cutting him, but giving him the most WR snaps?  I guess he does succeed somewhat as a decoy.  Give me more Tate...give me more Higgins.

So funny all the vitriol being spewed at Bullock, a guy that’s been as consistent as any kicker in the league over the last several years. This game was NOT lost by the kicker. For all intents and purpose, Joe Burrow brought that team back for the win. Apparently the refs could have used a few pre-season games to work on their craft. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So funny all the vitriol being spewed at Bullock, a guy that’s been as consistent as any kicker in the league over the last several years. This game was NOT lost by the kicker. For all intents and purpose, Joe Burrow brought that team back for the win. Apparently the refs could have used a few pre-season games to work on their craft. 

Dude, that was an awful shank.  No excuse.  The call was debatable, one of those they miss all the time.  Part of the game.  You control what you can and that's making easy kicks!  Whining about the refs is what losing teams do all the time.   Make your own destiny and control your own actions.

So you think he just made the injury up because he missed the kick?  Bad timing for sure but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been a solid kicker for this team. 
And I don’t give two shits about who whines about the refs...the motherfuckers blew the call and cost them a god damn win! Fuck that!

Just now, spicoli said:

So you think he just made the injury up because he missed the kick?  Bad timing for sure but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been a solid kicker for this team. 
And I don’t give two shits about who whines about the refs...the motherfuckers blew the call and cost them a god damn win! Fuck that!

He missed the kick.  Period.  Easy kick.  Why the hell would the kicker be cramping?  Because he's fat and out of shape?  Is the kicker not allowed to drink water on the sidelines?  He blew it. 

You don't give a shit about who whines about the refs because you whine about the refs.  That was a judgement call.  Refs make those all the time.  They miss them all the time too.  Part of the game.  The game wasn't over, until Fat Randy blew it. 

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Frankly we should have done better this offseason. We knew the O-line was terrible last year and we'd be picking Burrow. The team already had some skill position talent so protecting the franchise QB instead of letting him get shellshocked should have been the priority in free agency. But we tagged Green and signed Waynes and Reader for about what Cleveland paid probowl RT Jack Conklin. They also hired Bill Callahan as their O-line coach when we probably could have hired him and fired Turner. Why wouldn't he want to work with his son? We compounded that by going cheap with our free agent RG who it turns out is a decent backup lineman but not a good starter. Shocker. 

This exactly.   Everyone outside the building knew the OL was shit last year.   It's very hard to take them seriously when they either can't or won't recognize glaring problems.

19 hours ago, SF2 said:

Fat Randy has been ok for us. Yeah, the miss was horrible no doubt.  Hart I completely agree with. 

I have to believe the coaches know what they are doing and Hart is actually the best current option at RT.  That should scare everyone.  

Why would you assume the coaches know what they're doing? What have they done to earn such trust?

On 9/13/2020 at 9:07 PM, ucnum1 said:

It was absolutely a defensive holding no call on AJ.The DB saved his ass on a flop.Only chump refs take away winning play going against the home team there.

To be fair, wasn't it holding on Trey Hopkins on Burrow's TD run?

19 minutes ago, membengal said:

That's the worst question I've seen asked about last Sunday. Hopkins just mauled the guy. Not within infinity of a hold.

Just solid downfield blocking that took out 2 defenders.   I guess we're not used to seeing that around here.

"Can he..  Can he do that?!"

2 hours ago, membengal said:

That's the worst question I've seen asked about last Sunday. Hopkins just mauled the guy. Not within infinity of a hold.

Well, tbf this replay doesn't show the opposite side, where you can see that in fact Hopkins had a handful of jersey on the first guy.  Is it "really" a hold, by current NFL standards?  No.  Could he have been called for it?  Yes, because NFL refs don't make calls based on consistency, but on "game situation".  

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well, tbf this replay doesn't show the opposite side, where you can see that in fact Hopkins had a handful of jersey on the first guy

wut. the first guy is the guy he murders ten yards downfield.  There is nothing remotely like a hold there.

Archived