Sewer Brewer: Week 1

It's the return of the Sewer Brewer awards, where we "honor" one of the worst Bengal draft picks in history, Sean "Sewer" Brewer.  His career can be summed up in one statement: 3rd round pick, 0 catches.  The bum smoked more cigarettes than games started.

The award does not have to be awarded to the worst Bengal player of the game.  But can go to a player who commits one moment of complete and utter incompetence.  Pat Sims jumping offsides on a Drew Brees hard count comes to mind.   Even a victory can have a winner. 

Week 1 prediction?  Joe Mixon - celebrating his new contract with a Jeremy Hill type fumble.

8 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

It's the return of the Sewer Brewer awards, where we "honor" one of the worst Bengal draft picks in history, Sean "Sewer" Brewer.  His career can be summed up in one statement: 3rd round pick, 0 catches.  The bum smoked more cigarettes than games started.

The award does not have to be awarded to the worst Bengal player of the game.  But can go to a player who commits one moment of complete and utter incompetence.  Pat Sims jumping offsides on a Drew Brees hard count comes to mind.   Even a victory can have a winner. 

Week 1 prediction?  Joe Mixon - celebrating his new contract with a Jeremy Hill type fumble.

Yawn....

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Can we nominate posters on this board?

I nominate the person who tried to ban me for my 100% accurate statements regarding Mackensie "I beat up old people" Alexander.  I believe it was IdahoBengal.

No doubt Alexander will win a Brewer this year given the composure and competence he has shown thus far in his Bengal career.

29 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I nominate the person who tried to ban me for my 100% accurate statements regarding Mackensie "I beat up old people" Alexander.  I believe it was IdahoBengal.

No doubt Alexander will win a Brewer this year given the composure and competence he has shown thus far in his Bengal career.

I didn’t t try to ban you.  I just told you to stop being a fucking asshole.

edit:  maybe you haven’t read this in awhile? https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/70187-read-before-you-post-this-is-a-requirement-before-registering-or-posting-to-the-site/

5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Man, this isn't the  Jungle Insider board.  They don't appreciate the humor and catharsis of ripping a player for being stupid. 

You could put on your Kirby Criswell jersey and drop acid a half hour before kick off.

Speaking of Kirby Criswell, the most hysterical think about that whole cluster bump

was Paul Brown (maybe Mike) passed on drafting Dan Marino because of rumors that

he smoked marijuana in college but drafted  Criswell in the second round because he did

not know what LSD was.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Man, this isn't the  Jungle Insider board.  They don't appreciate the humor and catharsis of ripping a player for being stupid. 

My immediate reaction to seeing the old Sewer Brewer award again was giddiness. This award is so ingrained in me that I involuntarily note plays during a game for contenders. And I love the pic Tibor.  Gus Frerotte never forget.

26 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

This might be the right place. Remember the time the Bengals running back just tipped and fell over before the snap count? I think it may have been a pre-season game. Would love to see a video of that bit of ineptitude again!

Believe that was Michael Basnight?

3 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

The Mixon fumble directly led to losing the lead/game, but missing a 31 yd FG in the closing seconds is what the award is all about.  And was he acting like he was cramping? Must have been that slow trot from the sideline. 

or the six-pack and forty he slammed through since halftime...

Archived