The Good, the Bad the Ugly: Chargers Week 1

8 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Cut him and play Tee Higgins and Auden Tate more. The guy is junk. He was an absolutely terrible draft pick. Like Cedric Ogbuehi in 2015, admit your mistake and move on.

Unfortunately they already paid for him.  It’s like paying cash for a Pontiac Aztek then realizing the thing sucks.  Your stuck.  It would be a statement to release him  but we both know it isn’t happening.  Just stick him on the end of the bench and let Burrow work with guys who might actually be here next year.  

I feel after watching this game and comparing it to the National Championship game, along with Burrow's comments, that they need to go to a more up-tempo offense. Burrow seems to be better suited to a get to the line and go style of ball. He has better rhythm mad seems to see the field better with that style. I hate when they break the huddle and get to the line and there are 10 to 15 seconds left, then they hurry and run the play called whether it works against the D or not. I for one would like to see a more up-tempo offense, but I wanted that with Dalton as well.  

1 hour ago, crazycat said:

I feel after watching this game and comparing it to the National Championship game, along with Burrow's comments, that they need to go to a more up-tempo offense. Burrow seems to be better suited to a get to the line and go style of ball. He has better rhythm mad seems to see the field better with that style. I hate when they break the huddle and get to the line and there are 10 to 15 seconds left, then they hurry and run the play called whether it works against the D or not. I for one would like to see a more up-tempo offense, but I wanted that with Dalton as well.  

Some coaches aren't willing to give up that control.  It often dooms them in the end. 

53 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Some coaches aren't willing to give up that control.  It often dooms them in the end. 

It wasn’t the play calling.  It was the inability of the oline to block.  By the way, how did our second round tight end, Stu Dample play?  

6 hours ago, crazycat said:

Hart can't function with 20 seconds between snaps let alone 10

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

It wasn’t the play calling.  It was the inability of the oline to block.  By the way, how did our second round tight end, Stu Dample play?  

Right side of oline looked lost at times..

Price made a difference but not special..

I dont know his blocking grade yet but i would guess meh at best...

I can see the Browns putting Garret on Hart with a fast blitzing bacer in back oh him..

Mayday...

1 hour ago, Montana Bengal said:

FWIW - I was listening to Paul's (?) podcast yesterday and he did say that the TV angle didn't show it, but you could tell right away that something wasn't right with his motion during the kick. 

I haven't seen any other angles.

Maybe because it was a shank?

I have no idea why this article is from Golf Digest, but....

Randy Bullock—guy who missed game-tying kick because of alleged “left calf” injury—seen grabbing right calf

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/randy-bullock-cincinnati-bengals-missed-field-goal-injury

On 9/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, SF2 said:

Unfortunately they already paid for him.  It’s like paying cash for a Pontiac Aztek then realizing the thing sucks.  Your stuck.  It would be a statement to release him  but we both know it isn’t happening.  Just stick him on the end of the bench and let Burrow work with guys who might actually be here next year.  

Aztecs are crappy cars, but MAN are they great to look at!

https://sports.theonion.com/cleveland-browns-gearing-up-to-punt-ball-down-opponents-1819575002

Cleveland Browns Gearing Up To Punt Ball Down Opponents’ Throats

CLEVELAND—Claiming they want to impose their will against the competition, Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski announced Friday that the team is gearing up to aggressively punt the ball down opponents’ throats this season. [click link for the rest]

5 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

https://sports.theonion.com/cleveland-browns-gearing-up-to-punt-ball-down-opponents-1819575002

Cleveland Browns Gearing Up To Punt Ball Down Opponents’ Throats

CLEVELAND—Claiming they want to impose their will against the competition, Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski announced Friday that the team is gearing up to aggressively punt the ball down opponents’ throats this season. [click link for the rest]

If they are punting the ball, doesn't that mean their offensive drives are stalled and they are not scoring.

Yeah, I like Cleveland's offensive game plan.  I hope they punt on every possession.  I hope so so much

I hope they punt it after every three offensive downs.

Joey Bosa's comments show Bengals might have a Bobby Hart problem

6 hours ago

The Week 1 performance by the Cincinanti Bengals offensive line in front of Joe Burrow wasn’t exactly a banner showing for the unit.

Burrow was often on the run, especially early against the Los Angeles Chargers pass rush, ultimately resulting in a loss.

And while guys like Mike Jordan had bright spots at times, Bobby Hart at right tackle notably stuck out as an issue.

It’s a little more concerning in hindsight, especially when realizing Chargers’ star Joey Bosa was in his post-game presser chuckling about the fact the Bengals left the right tackle alone with him at times, according to Gilbert Manzano of the Orange County Register.

“I was kinda expecting a lot of chips, back chips and some max protections, but I had to take advantage of my opportunities with the 1-on-1s,” Bosa said. “I think I did a good job, but yeah, they kinda left (Hart) on an island over there, but I’m not going to complain about that.”

Bosa also told Manzano he went after Hart after the whistle because the Bengals tackle had been talking trash. This one got backed up plenty on social media:

It’s hard to put this all on Hart (besides chirping at one of the best defenders in the NFL — that’s foolish). Bengals coaches seeming didn’t do right by him, especially in the first half before things settled down.

Hart graded at a 63.9 PFF performance for his Week 1 showing, up slightly from his season-long grades of 57.1 in 2018 and 57.6, a span in which he accounted for 16 sacks and 18 penalties.

It’s a little concerning Bengals coaches were content to put the struggling Hart on an island at all, let alone against Bosa while trying to protect the new face of their franchise. Maybe some of it falls on the quarterback too, but the task doesn’t get easier with Myles Garrett up next.

Rolling more help to Hart’s side, at the very least, is probably something the coaches should be prioritizing ahead of Thursday’s game.

Unknown-1.jpeg

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So the Chargers game was a better than average game from Hart? I'll take whatever is behind door #3. Akeem Adeniji, come on down and start at RT. 

How Hart managed a 63 rating is astonishing..

Id have graded him 45....

His run.blocking seemingly elevated his pff.

Theyll play him again this week..

Jessie Bates had a well deserved 91 pff as he looked allpro..

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

How Hart managed a 63 rating is astonishing..

Id have graded him 45....

His run.blocking seemingly elevated his pff.

Theyll play him again this week..

Jessie Bates had a well deserved 91 pff as he looked allpro..

I saw somewhere yesterday that Hart graded better on PFF than Jonah at LT and the writer was a bit stunned given Hart had given up sacks and I think 6 pressures, etc. 

Archived