5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The rookie QB isn't the problem, indeed he's already a better player than some of his starting teammates or coaches. 

Taylor screwed the pooch by not upgrading the coaching staff this offseason. We have a ragamuffin cast of leftovers who were available in January of 2019. A 2-14 record would have been plenty of justification to replace stiffs like Turner and Anarumo. But we kept them around instead of hiring say Bill Callahan and Wade Phillips. No sense in giving a young HC some experienced assistants, no siree. 

Who are you kidding?  If Mike Brown was willing to pay experienced coaches Taylor would still be in LA.  

Good take from Cowherd but I disagree that Burrow is Tony Romo. Did Tony Romo ever go 5-5 on 4th down? My memory of Romo is that he could fill a stat sheet but he'd falter in crunchtime.  It's early of course but it appears that Burrow's strength is crunchtime.

It's also encouraging that 2 yrs after drafting Mayfield #1 overall, the Browns are stacked with talent.  That bodes well for 2 yrs down the road for our Bengals. What if Burrow is surrounded with that kind of offensive talent 2 yrs from now?

39 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Good take from Cowherd but I disagree that Burrow is Tony Romo. Did Tony Romo ever go 5-5 on 4th down? My memory of Romo is that he could fill a stat sheet but he'd falter in crunchtime.  It's early of course but it appears that Burrow's strength is crunchtime.

It's also encouraging that 2 yrs after drafting Mayfield #1 overall, the Browns are stacked with talent.  That bodes well for 2 yrs down the road for our Bengals. What if Burrow is surrounded with that kind of offensive talent 2 yrs from now?

The reality is the Browns kicked our asses and we scored some points in garbage time.  Our defense, which still sucks,   never touched the Hobo and he made us pay.  

Burrow did fine considering our Oline has 2 players that wouldn’t be backups on most teams and  Jordan who is Ok at best.   They can’t run block to save their asses. 

The fact our rookie QB with practically no training camp threw 61 passes tells me this coaching staff has no idea what the hell the goal is for 2020 unless it is to get Burrow Archie Manning’ed 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The reality is the Browns kicked our asses and we scored some points in garbage time.  Our defense, which still sucks,   never touched the Hobo and he made us pay.  

Burrow did fine considering our Oline has 2 players that wouldn’t be backups on most teams and  Jordan who is Ok at best.   They can’t run block to save their asses. 

The fact our rookie QB with practically no training camp threw 61 passes tells me this coaching staff has no idea what the hell the goal is for 2020 unless it is to get Burrow Archie Manning’ed 

I am sensing Zac Shula has some Merv Lewis in him - praising the players that suck (on Ross: "We have a plan for him", whatever that means), suck most of the year then look 'promising' in the last few games. Rinse, repeat

45 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am sensing Zac Shula has some Merv Lewis in him - praising the players that suck (on Ross: "We have a plan for him", whatever that means), suck most of the year then look 'promising' in the last few games. Rinse, repeat

Maybe a handful of people in the entire org that aren't just riding the gravy train.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:36 AM, Shebengal said:

And just to define what I was dealing with, since we don’t have NFL Network, I had to watch the game on my phone but listen to the Browns broadcast and it was 1-2 plays ahead of the stream, so even though I had headphones in, I still could hear the Browns broadcasters. And, yes, I was stingy and wouldn’t share my phone with my hubby. 

True Bengal fan you are...really ..

On 9/18/2020 at 6:51 AM, T-Dub said:

This should come as no surprise, this team always does the least.  I said this would happen many times during the offseason and was repeatedly assured that Burrow is so gosh-golly awesome that he won't need an OL.

Welp...

Welp he is awesome considering the talent of the Oline and starting wideouts who have dissapointed bigtime so far...

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Welp he is awesome considering the talent of the Oline and starting wideouts who have dissapointed bigtime so far...

Yeah I am surprised at our WR group, but when you make guys sit behind a pair of highly-paid starters that have barely touched the field the last few years it probably doesn't help their motivation.

No question Burrow so far is as advertised.  So was Carson.

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Not like Burrow. The difference in the ability to lead between those two is literally night and day. 

Yes...

Carson didnt want to lead by his nature..

Wasnt in him at all till he got much older..

He also had to deal with alot of shit in the huddle..

It was a selfish team that wore him out..great talent ...no leader.

JB Wants to lead.. And he does.. 

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Pressures and hits on each?

If thats a factor JB won the battle over Mayfield..no?

I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure Burrow got knocked around a lot more than Mayfield did. Mayfield had time to file his nails and write "War and Peace" in the pocket. 

Archived