58 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

You dont think the Colts penciled in 

Quentin Nelson to start upon drafting him?

The Stealers did the same with David Decastro..

List goes on and on...

I don't think either of those guys felt they were guaranteed to start, being more my point.   They would'nt have given them extensions if they didn't perform.    No great credit to the Colts or Stealers but they're pro organizations.  I think most NFL teams work this way.  Depending on rookies is going to get you beat, even with an exceptional talent like Burrow.  Rookies do rookie shit, it's to be expected but there's also the expectation that you learn from it.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:16 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On one hand other teams may fall to our scouting level (watching more tape and less travel). On the other hand, it may take better scouts to see the potential of players. 

Other leagues have the same issues. 

End of the day our team needs more and better scouts, that is a given if we want to be more consistent in our drafts.

I agree..hell everyone agrees..

Why managenent doesnt do this is puzzling..

Most on here will say money is the reason but scouts pay is a pittance to the overall costs of the team..

Does anyone really know their method?

If so please share...

22 hours ago, spicoli said:

There are a lot of good first round OT’s in the 21 draft. The Bengals will not be picking top 5. 

If our defense can't stop the run and O-line can't open holes or protect Burrow, we'll be back in the top 5. Joe can't do it alone. 

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I see 2 Qbs going then Sewell...

He could help any QB stay ckean and healthy for years..

Their mock had the top 5 as Lawrence, Fields, Chase, Surtain, then Sewell. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In other mocks i have seen the LSU WR Chase and the Penn LB Parsons. 

I could see us taking either if Sewell is not there. Chase because of the LSU connection with Burrow (no 's' this time lol) and Parsons because he is the best LB by far. Instead of drafting Surtain we could just re-sign WJ III

Sewell, or if not there Rousseau (forgive me for spelling).

22 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Because they are picking top 3?

I'll say somewhere in the 10-12 range....not high enough to get a guy like Sewell even if you want to trade for him. 

Even with this OL they're still going to win 6-7 games this year, I guarantee it.

Once Joe B gets the first one out of the way they'll starting stringing a couple of them together. 

30 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'll say somewhere in the 10-12 range....not high enough to get a guy like Sewell even if you want to trade for him. 

Even with this OL they're still going to win 6-7 games this year, I guarantee it.

Once Joe B gets the first one out of the way they'll starting stringing a couple of them together. 

10.or 12 range????

I only wish I was as optimistic as you right now..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

10.or 12 range????

I only wish I was as optimistic as you right now..

They’re not that far away from being 2-1.

They’re close to getting that first win.
I think with Burrow things will snowball from there. There are still 13 games left in the season. I feel like they’ll string a few together. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Leatherwood or Wyatt Davis.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Looking at the schedule I only see 3 or 4 games I'm comfortable calling likely wins.

Archived