29 minutes ago, Griever said:

(Un?)fortunately we may have a really early pick to get a difference maker on the o-line. Jonah has shown promise at least.

In that he doesn't totally blow.  I guess that's something.

What's the point in even worrying about it?  Of the past four Bengals OL picks in the first or second round, only one of them is even good enough to play on Sunday.  Think about how bad that is. 

Address both O and D lines. The right side of the O-line is God awful, but you can usually get a RT that is good in the 2nd round, especially if we end up picking high again. Go get a DE as Dunlap isnt getting younger and Hubbard is just ok, we need a guy that can get to the QB.

In the 2nd take that RT and 3rd get a back up G for S'ua-Filo.

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think Hubbard is better than OK, but you're not going to see many sacks when every WR is running free downfield.   Against our defense there's always someone open, which means the QB is never under pressure.

I think that's the question isn't? Are we just not good at getting to the QB or our CBs not covering WR's long enough to let them?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think that's the question isn't? Are we just not good at getting to the QB or our CBs not covering WR's long enough to let them?

I suspect the latter, Hubbard was pretty good last year & while Dunlap may be slowing down I don't think he just suddenly sucks.  

So weird to invest heavily in DL then try to get by with a scratch & dent OL.   How do they recognize the importance of one but not the other?

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I suspect the latter, Hubbard was pretty good last year & while Dunlap may be slowing down I don't think he just suddenly sucks.  

So weird to invest heavily in DL then try to get by with a scratch & dent OL.   How do they recognize the importance of one but not the other?

I don't think they don't recognize it, they just have had a bunch of busts on the Oline in several years. Whether that's both T spots with Ced O and Fisher, or whether thats at C with Price.

(Could you imagine how much worst this Oline could be if we didn't find Hopkins?)

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

scratch & dent OL

Lol. Open Box deals.

Maybe they are really trusting what Turner says? But how can they (coaches other than Turner / owner) watch what happens on the field and think "Wow, Hart looks phenomenal!"

Bengals are about 31 mil under the cap for 2021. We should let Ross and Green move on. We might try extensions for WJ3, or Bates, or Lawson/Hubbard.  But the market will be crowded with the cap dropping. We should be able to sign a couple of above average O-linemen for RG and RT. Guys around 30 with one or more probowls on their resume. 

We'll know at the end of the year if we're in the range to draft Sewell. I'd be ok with Parsons or Wade as our pick. Even J'mar Chase or Waddle or Smith. If we fix the O-line. But it's been such a glaring issue for so long, I'm not optimistic they won't decide to go to war with what they have, ie Johnson and Hart.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

In that he doesn't totally blow.  I guess that's something.

What's the point in even worrying about it?  Of the past four Bengals OL picks in the first or second round, only one of them is even good enough to play on Sunday.  Think about how bad that is. 

Not just that, those other three aren't even good enough to be primary backups (as evidenced by Price not starting last night).

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We literally need 4 much better OL - tall ask

That’s crazy talk. Williams, Jordan and Hopkins will all be reliable starters. The other two spots I have no idea what they’re going to do but either way they don’t equal up to four new OL. 
As big and athletic as Jordan is, I’d be thinking hard about moving him out to RT and then just plugging Price in at LG and see what happens. I really don’t see any other scenario that would work under the current circumstances. Time to think outside the box a bit. 

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

That’s crazy talk. Williams, Jordan and Hopkins will all be reliable starters. The other two spots I have no idea what they’re going to do but either way they don’t equal up to four new OL. 
As big and athletic as Jordan is, I’d be thinking hard about moving him out to RT and then just plugging Price in at LG and see what happens. I really don’t see any other scenario that would work under the current circumstances. Time to think outside the box a bit. 

What makes you think Hopkins and Jordan are any good? They haven't proven it. I saw both of them on their backs at various times last night. 

I saw a few Cleveland OL on their backs at various times last nite as well...does that mean they suck or is our DL just great?
This team has lost 2 games by a combined 8 points with a rookie QB and no preseason. They will get better as a whole, I have little doubt about that.

Matter of fact, I fully expect this team to be 2-2 after the Jax game. Let’s see what happens after that. 

32 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

What makes you think Hopkins and Jordan are any good? They haven't proven it. I saw both of them on their backs at various times last night. 

Hey the were just following the lead of Fred Johnson!#.

Man did he get pancaked on a couple plays..

Hes a tackle but how good eho knows..

Price just sucks...

Id start Adenijji at RG...and hope!

Running out of options..

14 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

2021 is going to be an even more lethal crapshoot. Half of the college football universe isn’t playing.

So what your saying is that the Bengals scouting department has more chance of landing quality draft day picks with their eyes closed?

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

I was including backups - Jordan, Hopkins would be backups on better teams and Johnson and hart would be cut from most teams

Archived