Sweet Lou

Lou A. needs to be on the clock.  I know we were missing Geno and Mike Daniels, but he still called a horrible game.  

1.  We got zero pressure on Baker and it took him almost 2 quarters to start dialing up a little pressure

2.  When we weren't blitzing, we were still leaving OBJ in single coverage

3.  After the Browns went up 2 scores in the 4th, knowing we're struggling to stop the run, no run blitzes?  Not selling out on the run on 1st down?

4. When sending blitzes, we show it too early and Baker was able to check in or out to better plays.  Need to coach guys not to show/fold too early.  You could hear Baker check into a run every time we had 6 in the box.

This defense has enough talent to not be horrible, but the coaches need to put them in position to succeed and I don't think Lou did that.  

Someone also needs to teach this putrid defense how to tackle! It is pathetic that year after year we have all these so called talented players, but none of them seem to have a clue of how to actually make a tackle. 

Next cut the entire right side of the line. Williams, Jordan and Hopkins are fine, but Johnson and Hart have got to go. 

Dunlap was getting fooled on that bootleg giving Baker all-day to throw -- that's a coaching discipline thing.  We have enough talent on D to be better than we were last night.  We got out coached on D, it's as simple as that.  Even without Geno and Mike D, there's no way we shouldn't have sent more run blitzes or pressure to get to Baker.  You can scheme around weaknesses.

12 minutes ago, Since 87 said:

Actually, I saw some next-gen stats that said the Bengals blitzed on 57% of the Brown's dropbacks. Another stat that said they got 3 pressures on Mayfield in 23 dropbacks.  When you put that together, I think it just means they suck.

I saw the same. Absolutely no pass rush and even on blitzing we couldn't get to the QB. Embarrassing.

37 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Dunlap was getting fooled on that bootleg giving Baker all-day to throw -- that's a coaching discipline thing.  We have enough talent on D to be better than we were last night.  We got out coached on D, it's as simple as that.  Even without Geno and Mike D, there's no way we shouldn't have sent more run blitzes or pressure to get to Baker.  You can scheme around weaknesses.

And the announcers or pre game hosts said, Taylor’s strategy was to contain Baker.  They were getting fooled like the old days with our DEs.  Also, we still cannot cover a TE.  Will this team or a player ever do this?  

Archived