Bright Spots

- Obviously, Joe Burrrow.  If we can keep this kid clean in the pocket, we've got something special.  He's got great poise and he spreads the ball around making it hard for the D to key on one person.  I'm impressed with how he's reading the D thus far.  

- Jonah Williams -- he's played ok, but if he continues to improve he'll be our best offensive lineman by...wait, he probably already is

- Drew Sample -- it's only one game, but he looked solid

No bright spots on defense.  Jessie Bates can't tackle (of course not many safetys can tackle Nick Chubb running full speed because the DL and LBs don't touch him.

Burrow's second game as a rookie, in primetime, and he was the best looking player out there. Dude took an absolute beating all game but just kept getting up and making plays. Feel bad for the kid, defense is such trash he never had a chance to win them the game. Felt like Sample, Tee, and Thomas showed flashes. Aside from Boyd's usual reliability that's pretty much all I can think of.

It was mentioned in the game thread, but Zac is now 2-16 as our head coach, you have to think the seat is at least getting warm no? This is Hue Jackson territory we are talking about now guys. I'm not saying our team has enough talent to win a championship or anything but c'mon man. Even the fundamentals like tackling aren't being corrected.

24 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Taylor will get this year to prove it as well just due to having a rookie QB, even if Joe is not playing like a rookie.

Just wondering if god forbid we head into the bye winless like last year, heads start to roll. Idk, this just sucks.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

It was mentioned in the game thread, but Zac is now 2-16 as our head coach, you have to think the seat is at least getting warm no? This is Hue Jackson territory we are talking about now guys. I'm not saying our team has enough talent to win a championship or anything but c'mon man. Even the fundamentals like tackling aren't being corrected.

You do remember how long Mike Brown kept Dave Shula?  That seat has air conditioning. 

22 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You do remember how long Mike Brown kept Dave Shula?  That seat has air conditioning. 

More likely to get a one year extension than he is fired, along with the usual smokescreen from Hobson detailing why none of it is really Taylor's fault.

The reality is AJ Green is no longer AJ Green and Ross is worthless so it is time to start playing the guys more who will actually be here next year.    Green can’t get open and Burrow is not going to throw him Andy Dalton Hospital passes to get him catches.  

6 hours ago, Griever said:

Burrow's second game as a rookie, in primetime, and he was the best looking player out there. Dude took an absolute beating all game but just kept getting up and making plays. Feel bad for the kid, defense is such trash he never had a chance to win them the game. Felt like Sample, Tee, and Thomas showed flashes. Aside from Boyd's usual reliability that's pretty much all I can think of.

Taylor has the worst win percentage of any coach in the NFL at .111

https://medium.com/sportsraid/the-12-worst-head-coaches-in-nfl-history-c5dec58e3684

10 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

- Obviously, Joe Burrrow.  If we can keep this kid clean in the pocket, we've got something special.  He's got great poise and he spreads the ball around making it hard for the D to key on one person.  I'm impressed with how he's reading the D thus far.  

- Jonah Williams -- he's played ok, but if he continues to improve he'll be our best offensive lineman by...wait, he probably already is

- Drew Sample -- it's only one game, but he looked solid

No bright spots on defense.  Jessie Bates can't tackle (of course not many safetys can tackle Nick Chubb running full speed because the DL and LBs don't touch him.

Brandon Wilson is a beast of a kick returner.

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Taylor has the worst win percentage of any coach in the NFL at .111

https://medium.com/sportsraid/the-12-worst-head-coaches-in-nfl-history-c5dec58e3684

Interesting thing I didn't realize.  When Dave Shula was fired he had the second worst winning percentage of all time, trailing on Bert Bell.

But since then, 3 coaches have "bettered" Shula's crappiness, and now Dave ranks #5

Hue Jackson .205

Steve Spagnuolo .212

Gus Bradley .226

Dave Shula .268

Will Zak Morris push Shula out of the top 5?  Stay tuned....

On 9/18/2020 at 9:17 AM, T-Dub said:

More likely to get a done year extension than he is fired, along with the usual smokescreen from Hobson detailing why none of it is really Taylor's fault.

I'm inclined to believe it's more Duke Tobin's fault than anybody else's.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Credit where credit is due... Randy did OK.

Or at least didn't screw up.

I guess all the Midol he took helped with his cramps.

still don't trust him if the kick means something. 

On 9/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, Jason said:

Brandon Wilson is a beast of a kick returner.

yes he is 

Archived