Bright Spots

On 9/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, SF2 said:

The reality is AJ Green is no longer AJ Green and Ross is worthless so it is time to start playing the guys more who will actually be here next year.    Green can’t get open and Burrow is not going to throw him Andy Dalton Hospital passes to get him catches.  

I don't think it's green,I think it's more the play design's and to a certain degree Zac Taylor has Joe burrow handcuffed.and why shouldn't he,when you have a rookie QB.

6 hours ago, bigboi said:

I don't think it's green,I think it's more the play design's and to a certain degree Zac Taylor has Joe burrow handcuffed.and why shouldn't he,when you have a rookie QB.

Joe Burrow is handcuffed?? Are you joking? He threw 61 passes against Cleveland , 13 of them to AJ Green. Green only caught 3 of them.  Burrow is trying to force the ball to Green and it isn’t working. 

Burrow has thrown 97 passes in two games which will probably lead the league after tomorrow night. 

37 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

JB has completed 60-97 passes...

Burrow.. to Green...8-22...

Burrow to Ross.........2-7....

Hes hitting all but these two at a

50-68 rate...72.5%

Could Tate and Higgins be any worse than Green-Ross ??

Green is likely drawing coverage from at least #1CB and possibly double coverage.  Ross...well....

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Green is likely drawing coverage from at least #1CB and possibly double coverage.  Ross...well....

The point is Green isn’t getting very open and Ross runs bad routes and drops passes.  Green has lost a step I am afraid.  It happens to them all.  Ross just isn’t a good receiver. 

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The point is Green isn’t getting very open and Ross runs bad routes and drops passes.  Green has lost a step I am afraid.  Ross just isn’t a good receiver. 

100% on Ross.

I would give Green a few more games before passing judgement.  Yes, he looks slower.  Is some of it rust?  How long has it been since he played a game?  No preseason either.  I think the guy has earned a few more games before he gets thrown on the scrap heap. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

100% on Ross.

I would give Green a few more games before passing judgement.  Yes, he looks slower.  Is some of it rust?  How long has it been since he played a game?  No preseason either.  I think the guy has earned a few more games before he gets thrown on the scrap heap. 

Totally agree and even if he has lost a step, you can use him more like Michael Thomas of the Saints. Thomas isn’t a downfield threat, he just gets open 10 to 15 yards downfield every play. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The point is Green isn’t getting very open and Ross runs bad routes and drops passes.  Green has lost a step I am afraid.  It happens to them all.  Ross just isn’t a good receiver. 

Yes.....i wanted Ross to be that Tyreek Hill type but what you said about his routes hands and just lack of enrhusiasm out of him has soured me on him..

Green has definately lost a step and frankly shaky catching passes..

Maybe more time he ll improve..

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

Joe Burrow is handcuffed?? Are you joking? He threw 61 passes against Cleveland , 13 of them to AJ Green. Green only caught 3 of them.  Burrow is trying to force the ball to Green and it isn’t working. 

Burrow has thrown 97 passes in two games which will probably lead the league after tomorrow night. 

If you look at the play calling and design,it's pretty much been vanilla.there has been no creativity, and I don't want to write green off just yet or the season.

I’ll tell ya this, our QB is playing too well to keep losing these close games. At some point he’s going to get them going in the other direction and he’s going to get them there sooner rather than later. At some point he’ll raise the whole team up to his level...that’s just that the great ones do. 
Speaking of which, I figure they’ve got 3 years to build the roster around him before they have to start paying him 40+ million/year....tik tok..

On 9/20/2020 at 9:31 PM, bigboi said:

I tend to agree.  AJ's getting all the tough coverage so it looks like he's not producing.

2 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

I tend to agree.  AJ's getting all the tough coverage so it looks like he's not producing.

True.

Teams know they don't even have to cover Ross.

He will run 60 yards down the field with no one near him and drop a ball right in his hands in the end zone.

And pull up limping.

52 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

True.

Teams know they don't even have to cover Ross.

He will run 60 yards down the field with no one near him and drop a ball right in his hands in the end zone.

And pull up limping.

8 million reasons why he's a starting WR & none of them are "good at playing football"

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

He has been getting all the tough coverage his entire career, this is nothing new.  What is new is he hasn’t played in a long time, had leg and foot injuries and is getting older.  It happens to them all. 

14 hours ago, bigboi said:

If you look at the play calling and design,it's pretty much been vanilla.there has been no creativity, and I don't want to write green off just yet or the season.

I am not writing Green off, I have little doubt he could be very good changing his game to more of what Michael Thomas of the Saints plays.   He has exceptional hands and is a great route runner.  

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am not writing Green off, I have little doubt he could be very good changing his game to more of what Michael Thomas of the Saints plays.   He has exceptional hands and is a great route runner.  

I don't think Green wants to be here.  He sure doesn't look like it anyway.

Archived