Tate unhappy with role, may request trade

Just now, Jamie_B said:

I like Tate alot, but if we could get a linemen on either side of the ball out of it, I'd consider it.

Considering the realities of the Bengals likely record this season, it might be more realistic that they trade AJ for some future help.  I wouldn't be against it.

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No reason why Ross, Higgins, Tate and Erickson could not all rotate as the guy sitting out. - or if Higgins needs the snaps rotate the other 3. Ross is a bust and at least Tate can be used effectively in the Red Zone. Could have used him in the last two games for those end zone jump balls

Agree

On 12/30/2019 at 7:00 PM, Go Tory Go! said:

If we take the "Dalton era" to mean the team's performance during his tenure, it was well-above mediocrity. Top 10 franchises in wins during his time here.

The sad truth is that for this franchise under Mike Brown control, mediocre is actually a pretty good result. Before Marvin got here, we would have been thrilled to have a mediocre season. Our expectations have changed, but all indications are that they will return to their normal 90's state within a few years.

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Play me or trade me.   Reasonable, especially looking at the bums the Bengals are running out there now. 

I'd be livid watching Ross half-ass it week after week.   Tate may be the only one speaking up but you know the rest of the guys are watching this shit play out.  What a terrible message to be sending a team struggling to find their identity. 

53 minutes ago, Spotto said:

DJ Reader is calling out the D; maybe a player culture shift is about to wave through the locker room.

Not going to happen when the players see guys like Ross & Hart getting starts.   All the talk about culture and character amounts to nothing when their actions show it's all bullshit.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Not going to happen when the players see guys like Ross & Hart getting starts.   All the talk about culture and character amounts to nothing when their actions show it's all bullshit.

D & O pretty much work separately, but I don't think "Employee96" and Atkins have much excitement left in them.  Those are the guys that probably need to go.

If we are rebuilding then why is Ross still out there?  After 4 years the guy still can’t run a route or catch a pass.  He has definitely lost a step which was really his only strong point.  He WONT be here next year so get something for him now.  

Unless I see something dramatic soon from Green it is safe to say his days of being a dominant #1 are over.  If he isn’t willing to reinvent himself like Steve Smith or Aquan Boldin it’s time to move on from him too. 

The Dalton and Marvin era are over, time to get young hungry players in here.   When Jimmy Johnson went to Dallas he had to get rid of guys like Danny White, Ed Jones and Randy White. It was simply time for new leadership. 

43 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Dalton and Marvin era are over, time to get young hungry players in here.   When Jimmy Johnson went to Dallas he had to get rid of guys like Danny White, Ed Jones and Randy White. It was simply time for new leadership. 

Well that's not very nice, is it?   - Mike Brown, probably.

3 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

They should sit Ross.  Maybe he will ask for a trade.

Good one!  :)

Sadly, in reality, Ross is the type that would be just as satisfied sitting on the bench drinking gatorade, getting a sweet sideline pass to watch his teammates play, and collecting an awesome NFL paycheck.

12 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Good one!  :)

Sadly, in reality, Ross is the type that would be just as satisfied sitting on the bench drinking gatorade, getting a sweet sideline pass to watch his teammates play, and collecting an awesome NFL paycheck.

& the team would be fine with that.   2/3 of our top WR's barely play football.    Of course we get poor effort from almost everyone else.

Archived