Tate unhappy with role, may request trade

19 hours ago, spicoli said:

Is that what he told ya?

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He wants to play.....

Play him..

Nothing to lose..

18 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Play me or trade me.   Reasonable, especially looking at the bums the Bengals are running out there now. 

Actually, I look for Ross to get one of those mysterious tweaks or minor injury before the next game and he will be on the inactive list.

55 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I see us trading him for an OL before our next game.

We are deep at WR and he is probably the only bargaining chip we have that some other team (49ers) who is thin at WR is willing to take a shot on.

That would be awesome thus it will not happen.

image.gif

5 hours ago, SmoothD said:

I see us trading him for an OL before our next game.

We are deep at WR and he is probably the only bargaining chip we have that some other team (49ers) who is thin at WR is willing to take a shot on.

Niners signed Sanu...

The only type of lineman a team may give is

a Hart type vet or PS prospect if your referring to Ross..

Im not trading Tate...play the man damn..

48 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Was there any concerns on the Bengal's part in regards to Tate's knee injury in which he was carted off the field from last year ?  If there's any concerns then it would make sense his limited snaps but not his attitude.

Good point...

I never heard his knee was any issue this year but teams hide things....

By his reactions to non playing time it would seem he thought he was ready..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Good point...

I never heard his knee was any issue this year but teams hide things....

By his reactions to non playing time it would seem he thought he was ready..

I would bet his medical report is saying he's not 100%.  It's going to be a long season and I'll get a better feel for how this regime handles their injuries.  Hopefully, nobody gets rushed back from anything during an obvious rebuilding year.

There's a few medical types on here with unique insight into the particulars of an injury.  Maybe they'll chime in with their two cents.

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

I would bet his medical report is saying he's not 100%.  It's going to be a long season and I'll get a better feel for how this regime handles their injuries.  Hopefully, nobody gets rushed back from anything during an obvious rebuilding year.

There's a few medical types on here with unique insight into the particulars of an injury.  Maybe they'll chime in with their two cents.

Nobody gets rushed back during rebuilding year..

Your absolutely right ..

I wanted to rush the inexperienced ones in there but it pertains to them as well..

Like Adenijji...very talented but so raw and inexperienced..

Maybe Fred Johnson and others fit that catagory..

Good post....

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Nobody gets rushed back during rebuilding year..

Your absolutely right ..

I wanted to rush the inexperienced ones in there but it pertains to them as well..

Like Adenijji...very talented but so raw and inexperienced..

Maybe Fred Johnson and others fit that catagory..

Good post....

Adeniji has shown promise but until he makes it on the field it's all a bunch of smoke.  Hopefully we get a break (no body parts but luck) and find the key to fixing the Oline.

On 9/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, claptonrocks said:

True.

Most are about 4.5...

Ross .........4.22

Thomas.....4.30

As a unit they would be considered

below average...

Where did you get that Thomas was a 4.30 ? I haven't seen any indication of that. The only thing I found was his Pro Day time of 4.54, which to my eyes seems fairly accurate.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, Numbers said:

Was there any concerns on the Bengal's part in regards to Tate's knee injury in which he was carted off the field from last year ?  If there's any concerns then it would make sense his limited snaps but not his attitude.

I have actually heard the opposite...that he worked on and improved his speed this offseason, which his preseason reports pretty much verified it would seem. 

lmao.

i like tate a lot. but nothing more comical than some blowhards making claims of a WR whose role is somewhere between the 5th and 8th WR on the depth chart being a healthy inactive in week 2 of a rebuild year is some sort of coaching failure and needing to replace a WR of opposite skillset in a different depth tree we well.

wtf is going on.

i know im not around much anymore. but wtf logic is happening here?

i wish theyd cut ross completely, but that doesnt have a ton of effect on Tate.   essentially tate would have had those Thomas routes/opportunities.

thomas who has 7 targets, 6 catches, 8YPC and a TD. ..  as a low depth chart WR.

what do these folks think tate would have done instead?

with tate Green doesnt get a shit PI call? with tate Greens arm doesnt get held down and no call?

with tate the line is blocking better?

i love tate, but on a list of 20 things id like to see changed on the team, tate doesnt make the list.

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

Where did you get that Thomas was a 4.30 ? I haven't seen any indication of that. The only thing I found was his Pro Day time of 4.54, which to my eyes seems fairly accurate.

I looked it up again to make sure it was the right guy..

Mike Thomas Bengals NfFL combine speed..4.30

If hes 4.54 now the man has lost 2 1\2

steps faster than any player I recall at his age lol..

You got me thinking if Thomas is 4.30

why not use him as deep man...

Has good hands and some moxy about him..

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

lmao.

i like tate a lot. but nothing more comical than some blowhards making claims of a WR whose role is somewhere between the 5th and 8th WR on the depth chart being a healthy inactive in week 2 of a rebuild year is some sort of coaching failure and needing to replace a WR of opposite skillset in a different depth tree we well.

wtf is going on.

i know im not around much anymore. but wtf logic is happening here?

i wish theyd cut ross completely, but that doesnt have a ton of effect on Tate.   essentially tate would have had those Thomas routes/opportunities.

thomas who has 7 targets, 6 catches, 8YPC and a TD. ..  as a low depth chart WR.

what do these folks think tate would have done instead?

with tate Green doesnt get a shit PI call? with tate Greens arm doesnt get held down and no call?

with tate the line is blocking better?

i love tate, but on a list of 20 things id like to see changed on the team, tate doesnt make the list.

Some valid points. 

However, I think where most people are coming from with Tate is that he was 2nd on the team last year in receiving yards (575) behind only Boyd who had a nice year.  Tate also only played 12 games compared to 16 for Boyd and others.  Tate's got good size, he's got attitude, and he just go's and gets the ball.  He was also arguably the receiver that got the most accolades in preseason for what that's worth. 

I'd also say 5th to 8th on the depth chart is way out of line, but apparently the coaches agree with you based on the healthy scratch.

17 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Some valid points. 

However, I think where most people are coming from with Tate is that he was 2nd on the team last year in receiving yards (575) behind only Boyd who had a nice year.  Tate also only played 12 games compared to 16 for Boyd and others.  Tate's got good size, he's got attitude, and he just go's and gets the ball.  He was also arguably the receiver that got the most accolades in preseason for what that's worth. 

I'd also say 5th to 8th on the depth chart is way out of line, but apparently the coaches agree with you based on the healthy scratch.

And if the goal is to develop Joe Burrow in a rebuilding year you do it with receivers who will probably be here the next few years.  If Tate isn’t in the picture (they chose Ross over him) then trade him.  Why keep him around.?

The thing about Tate is, you just need to get the ball somewhere near him and he as good a bet as pretty well any receiver in the league to catch the thing.   His only downside is separation, but at 6'5" and big, and that catch radius, it evens things out quite a bit.  I was excited to see how he would fit with Burrow because Burrow's style from college (throwing to perfect spots and letting his receivers make the play, covered or not) seemed like a perfect fit with Tate.  Too bad.

30 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

The thing about Tate is, you just need to get the ball somewhere near him and he as good a bet as pretty well any receiver in the league to catch the thing.   His only downside is separation, but at 6'5" and big, and that catch radius, it evens things out quite a bit.  I was excited to see how he would fit with Burrow because Burrow's style from college (throwing to perfect spots and letting his receivers make the play, covered or not) seemed like a perfect fit with Tate.  Too bad.

I agree..

Taylor probaby thinking ..id like to go with Tee Auden Thomas and Boyd..

U M would ream my ass...

Stick to the script .

AJ ..Ross..Boyd..Thomas..

Too early yet...

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I looked it up again to make sure it was the right guy..

Mike Thomas Bengals NfFL combine speed..4.30

If hes 4.54 now the man has lost 2 1\2

steps faster than any player I recall at his age lol..

You got me thinking if Thomas is 4.30

why not use him as deep man...

Has good hands and some moxy about him..

You might want to recheck that. I've read from multiple sources Mike Thomas was not even invited to the combine. Let me know what you find, but does he even look like a 4.30 guy to you?

31 minutes ago, bengaled said:

You might want to recheck that. I've read from multiple sources Mike Thomas was not even invited to the combine. Let me know what you find, but does he even look like a 4.30 guy to you?

Type in Michael Thomas Bengals 40 time and tell me what pops up...

Tate isn't the type of receiver who will get separation with speed or sharp cuts. But he does have a big catch radius and can battle DBs for the ball. Combined with Burrow's accuracy that should be a good redzone combo. Tate should be able to draw flags if DBs get overly physical with him. That's more than Ross is currently doing.

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Type in Michael Thomas Bengals 40 time and tell me what pops up...

I get 4.57 when I google.  Seems about right. 

I see no pre-draft numbers for him, but I didn't really spend much time looking either.

OOPSIE:  Upon closer examination, I see that time was for Michael Thomas (Saints) and not Mike Thomas (Bengals).  It showed up under Bengals since it was from an article comparing recent draft pick Tee Higgins and how he compares to Michael Thomas (Saints).  The only reference I see to Mike Thomas and a 4.30 time was one quote from a Cincy Jungle article from a few days ago.

Archived