Tate unhappy with role, may request trade

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I get 4.57 when I google.  Seems about right. 

I see no pre-draft numbers for him, but I didn't really spend much time looking either.

OOPSIE:  Upon closer examination, I see that time was for Michael Thomas (Saints) and not Mike Thomas (Bengals).  It showed up under Bengals since it was from an article comparing recent draft pick Tee Higgins and how he compares to Michael Thomas (Saints).  The only reference I see to Mike Thomas and a 4.30 time was one quote from a Cincy Jungle article from a few days ago.

Michael Thomas of the Saints ran the 4.54 ...

"Mike" Thomas with the Bengals ran a 4.30..

Like i said just type Mike Thomas Bengals 40 combine speed..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Michael Thomas of the Saints ran the 4.54 ...

"Mike" Thomas with the Bengals ran a 4.30..

Like i said just type Mike Thomas Bengals 40 combine speed..

Michael Thomas of the Saints ran a 4.57 and it doesn’t seem to affect his ability to get open or catch passes.  

48 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It seems like Tate believes the media hype and isn't earning a special teams spot. 

He's talented but he plays the same role as AJ Green, so who do you want getting those snaps...Tate or Green? 

Green now.....

Mike Brown isnt paying him 17mil to SIT...no how..no way...

Tate will wait for his chance...

18 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It seems like Tate believes the media hype and isn't earning a special teams spot. 

He's talented but he plays the same role as AJ Green, so who do you want getting those snaps...Tate or Green? 

Tate.   Cheaper, younger, actually plays (when they let him).  This team is still making decision based on 2015.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, esjbh2 said:

I get 4.57 when I google.  Seems about right. 

I see no pre-draft numbers for him, but I didn't really spend much time looking either.

OOPSIE:  Upon closer examination, I see that time was for Michael Thomas (Saints) and not Mike Thomas (Bengals).  It showed up under Bengals since it was from an article comparing recent draft pick Tee Higgins and how he compares to Michael Thomas (Saints).  The only reference I see to Mike Thomas and a 4.30 time was one quote from a Cincy Jungle article from a few days ago.

On 9/24/2020 at 1:16 PM, PatternMaster said:

The way Green has been playing there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. 

However one guy is making 17 million and the other is making less.

Bengals made a mistake saying Green was never available for a trade, he and Ross shouldn't be on this team and we should have a somewhat serviceable lineman and draft picks. Well, maybe not much for Ross,, but still.

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

How many times in the off season and TC did we hear something to the effect of 'we are happy with who we have'' lol. Right side of the line is an absolute unmitigated disaster. 

And has been so for what 3 years now?

This coaching staff and front office have their finger prints all over this mess. 

Turner and Taylor told everyone who would listen how talented and gifted Fred Johnson is....turns out he sucks. This front office loves Billy Price and Bobby Hart but these guys are going to get Burrow killed. 

Burrow fell into their lap, this coaching staff is showing they can't do what it takes to win at this level.

Losing close games points to coaching, it's normally the difference in close games. 

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

This coaching staff and front office have their finger prints all over this mess. 

Turner and Taylor told everyone who would listen how talented and gifted Fred Johnson is....turns out he sucks. This front office loves Billy Price and Bobby Hart but these guys are going to get Burrow killed. 

Burrow fell into their lap, this coaching staff is showing they can't do what it takes to win at this level.

Losing close games points to coaching, it's normally the difference in close games. 

And the reality is Marvin wins 6 to 9 games with last year’s team. This coaching staff is just a low priced replacement filled with guys who once stood next to a good coach. 

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Or lil fat kickers...

Why put a kicker on the practice squad? If that was their intention then they're idiots. Another team can poach your PS anytime.

This team has made a myriad of errors evaluating talent...but I will say that it does look like they hit on their first 2 picks in 2020

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Randy Bullock is not the problem, he has allowed zero sacks, has dropped zero catches, missed zero tackles....he missed 1 field goal...it was a crucial one but... yeah Fat Randy is not the issue

Agree.

Who was it that said a kicker is only as good as his last kick?

Right now I would say Auden Tate should be unhappy with his current salary and ask for more.

And get it.

Who was it in the game day thread who suggested we move Alex Ericson along and keep

Ross active?  Anyone (almost) can fair catch which seems to be most of what he does.

Ross could be a decoy that must be accounted for because of his speed alone even

though he can't catch his scrote in his jock strap at least without hurting himself.

What the hey with Ross?  Go with the "even a blind pig finds a truffle sometimes" philosophy.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Right now I would say Auden Tate should be unhappy with his current salary and ask for more.

And get it.

Who was it in the game day thread who suggested we move Alex Ericson along and keep

Ross active?  Anyone (almost) can fair catch which seems to be most of what he does.

Ross could be a decoy that must be accounted for because of his speed alone even

though he can't catch his scrote in his jock strap at least without hurting himself.

What the hey with Ross?  Go with the "even a blind pig finds a truffle sometimes" philosophy.

I doubt Ross could fair catch..lol

I did not have a TV feed for the game - there were 2 incomplete throws to Tate in the Red Zone, what happened on those? Good coverage?

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I doubt Ross could fair catch..lol

I did not have a TV feed for the game - there were 2 incomplete throws to Tate in the Red Zone, what happened on those? Good coverage?

Yes.  One might argue Tate could have timed his jump to be more powerful/box-out, but you have to give the defenders credit, they got in position and played it tough.

Archived