Bengals +6 at Eagles

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

At least we won't go winless and the first pick in the draft is still looking good.

OT My cable went out right before the Eagles tied the game.  Marvin couldn't have planned it better.  Got the emergency TV that hasn't been on in over a year fired up.  Figures out the controls, etc. and did see the end of the game.  Rebooted cable box on the main TV, working fine now.

DAY-AM!

That’s ok. You didn’t need to see it. Really.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

At least we won't go winless and the first pick in the draft is still looking good.

OT My cable went out right before the Eagles tied the game.  Marvin couldn't have planned it better.  Got the emergency TV that hasn't been on in over a year fired up.  Figures out the controls, etc. and did see the end of the game.  Rebooted cable box on the main TV, working fine now.

DAY-AM!

This team needs a fuckin reboot before JB gets a Gregg Cook shoulder.

I thought the Oline would improve just a little bit, I was very wrong.

Ok, this is just downright baffling.

Remember the play in this game where JB tossed it to Higgins after the long scramble, but they called it back and said illegal touching, and it *didn't matter that he was pushed out*?  Welp, the *identical* thing just happened in the Seahawks game, and they called it 180 degrees the opposite.  Initially called it illegal contact on the defender *and* illegal touching, saying the penalties offset.  Then they reversed and said the illegal contact resulted in him going out, so it's actually a good catch.

WTF is going on??  Steratore said once a QB vacates the pocket *there is no more illegal contact*, you can actually push receivers down on their ass if you want to (that doesn't seem right to me, why not just immediately start slamming into receivers all over the field whenever a QB rolls out?).  The only thing I can possibly imagine is they say the illegal contact happened before Russell Wilson left the pocket, but that's impossible, they'd have to just "decide" they wanted it to go that way.

Exactly.  Nothing that stupid bonehead said about that play made any sense. Thanks God we got the 1st down the next play to negate the refs ineptitude. 

17 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Ok, this is just downright baffling.

Remember the play in this game where JB tossed it to Higgins after the long scramble, but they called it back and said illegal touching, and it *didn't matter that he was pushed out*?  Welp, the *identical* thing just happened in the Seahawks game, and they called it 180 degrees the opposite.  Initially called it illegal contact on the defender *and* illegal touching, saying the penalties offset.  Then they reversed and said the illegal contact resulted in him going out, so it's actually a good catch.

WTF is going on??  Steratore said once a QB vacates the pocket *there is no more illegal contact*, you can actually push receivers down on their ass if you want to (that doesn't seem right to me, why not just immediately start slamming into receivers all over the field whenever a QB rolls out?).  The only thing I can possibly imagine is they say the illegal contact happened before Russell Wilson left the pocket, but that's impossible, they'd have to just "decide" they wanted it to go that way.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

DAY-AM!

We won't go 0-16 but we might still go winless.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

DAY-AM!

No way MFB pays for a OLman with the number 1 pick.  Meaning, 2 years in a row he has to pay the most money for a rookie and especially not for a OLman.  If we end up there again, he will trade out of the position for a team to get a QB. 

Positives:

Even with the same OL and same crappy defense, Burrow with more experience would have us at 2-1 or 3-0.  He looks to be *that* good.

Burrow + last year's 2-14 team and we are already better than:

Giants

Jets

Washington team

Jaguars (maybe, let's see next week)

And maybe the Falcons and Lions

Negatives:

Burrow will get injured

Zak Morris sucks

38 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Positives:

Even with the same OL and same crappy defense, Burrow with more experience would have us at 2-1 or 3-0.  He looks to be *that* good.

Burrow + last year's 2-14 team and we are already better than:

Giants

Jets

Washington team

Jaguars (maybe, let's see next week)

And maybe the Falcons and Lions

Negatives:

Burrow will get injured

Zak Morris sucks

image.jpegHater. 

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

My young days watching Archie Manning run for his life have come full circle for me. 

Perfect example. If you have Bradshaw and Manning switch teams you have Archie in the HOF and Bradshaw even dumber than he is. 

This team should already be pulling JB aside and telling him they WILL overall the OL by next season.  Even if they have to cut Gio, Dunlap, let Green walk , whatever. 

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Perfect example. If you have Bradshaw and Manning switch teams you have Archie in the HOF and Bradshaw even dumber than he is. 

Archie got sacked on 18.4% of every passing play his rookie year. Add in all the late hits that were legal back then and it’s a wonder he isn’t eating his food thru a straw. 

Joe is at 9% which is still really high and isn’t taking as many late hits but Joe isn’t being hit by 250lb Dlineman and 215lb Linebackers either. 

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And some people who just see his stats and did not see the mess NO was - will just say he must have been a bust.

He was the best player on the field for New Orleans until he finally broke down.  All you have to do is look at Billy Kilmer’s career in Washington AFTER he left New Orleans while waiving his middle finger.  He escaped just in time. 

• Duluoz changed the title to Bengals +6 at Eagles
5 minutes ago, crazycat said:

Can someone explain to me how a veteran like Green on at least two plays I can remember 3rd down and he runs a route short of the first down? 

Because he cant get any separation and the DB didnt allow him to get to the top of the route and he had to cut it off.   He's not the real AJ.  :(

1 hour ago, mgbrown66 said:

Because he cant get any separation and the DB didnt allow him to get to the top of the route and he had to cut it off.   He's not the real AJ.  :(

The burning question is the "not real" AJ a permanent thing for the rest of the year, or is it just temporary as he shakes off the rust? I think AJ's going to see what Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins are doing and his competitive instincts will fire up and propel him back to the "real" AJ heights that we all know. I'm expecting a big game from him against the Jags.

Archived