Everything Zac Taylor...

18 minutes ago, saphead said:

Coach Zim.....are you ready to come home? And bring your instagram model girlfriend with you please. TIA 

IMG_1975-1.png

Does “TIA” mean:

”That is all”

”This is awful”

Or

”Tap it again”

???

:shrug: 

Zimmer really couldn't do any worse, i wouldn't mind bringing him back.

Let's be real here, Zac is 3–18–1 (.159). He's in way over his head. I think the FO probably expected some level of growing pains but this bad? Not sure...

Look at the remaining schedule, we only have maybe three "winnable" games left (Giants, Washington, possibly the Browns , Dolphins or Texans??). If they manage to pull that off that'd push his record to a whopping 5 wins over the course of two years. That level of futility is like lost decade bad. Mike is a stubborn guy though so I can see Zac getting the final season on his contract. At this point I'm just pissed they'd essentially be wasting Burrow for two years if that happens.

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Zimmer really couldn't do any worse, i wouldn't mind bringing him back.

Let's be real here, Zac is 3–18–1 (.159). He's in way over his head. I think the FO probably expected some level of growing pains but this bad? Not sure...

Look at the remaining schedule, we only have maybe three "winnable" games left (Giants, Washington, possibly the Browns , Dolphins or Texans??). If they manage to pull that off that'd push his record to a whopping 5 wins over the course of two years. That level of futility is like lost decade bad. Mike is a stubborn guy though so I can see Zac getting the final season on his contract. At this point I'm just pissed they'd essentially be wasting Burrow for two years if that happens.

Zac being in over his head really just means that the Inbred4 executive group is in over it's head for (a) selecting Zac and (b) not realizing they do not provide the support for any inexperienced coach to survive.

It is clear now that ML was the one who pulled this team, kicking and screaming, to mediocrity. He ran out of steam and he had his own limitations but he did bring the team up a notch. Zimmer would probably do the same - make better use of the average player pool he would be given. 

It is just laughable that anyone in this organization actually believes they can win on consistent basis with a front office and personnel staff group that is 1/2 to 1/3rd the size of a typical team. It can't work.

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Zac being in over his head really just means that the Inbred4 executive group is in over it's head for (a) selecting Zac and (b) not realizing they do not provide the support for any inexperienced coach to survive.

It is clear now that ML was the one who pulled this team, kicking and screaming, to mediocrity. He ran out of steam and he had his own limitations but he did bring the team up a notch. Zimmer would probably do the same - make better use of the average player pool he would be given. 

It is just laughable that anyone in this organization actually believes they can win on consistent basis with a front office and personnel staff group that is 1/2 to 1/3rd the size of a typical team. It can't work.

Even with more scouts, etc. when the final decision maker has been proven to be an incredible failure and does not know football what does it matter?

13 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would take my chances with Zimmer and Burrow...all day and twice on Sunday.

Two proven winners on and off the field.

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I would take my chances with Zimmer and Burrow...all day and twice on Sunday.

Two proven winners on and off the field.

Part of Zimmer's problem in Minnesota has be QB play, but Teddy Bridgewater's play in Carolina would question Zimmer on offense. 

Jesus, Mike - nice catch! 

What a contrast from Vikki Zimmer, who could have been America's Mom. Baking cookies for the players because she thought he was too hard on them... that still makes me smile. But hell, let him have some fun.

I would def take my chances with him as a head coach. Anything but this shit show. Say what you will about Marvin, but he took a 2-14 team to 8-8 in his first season. People are making excuses for Zac that he has a shit team. Not buying it anymore.

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Zimmer like ML, loves to establish the run. I would take him over Zac any day as well, at the very least you know the players would be held accountable. 

What good is holding players accountable if you don't have someone as good or better waiting to play?  Looks like Taylor is holding Atkins and Dunlop accountable.  How is that working out?

25 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

What good is holding players accountable if you don't have someone as good or better waiting to play?  Looks like Taylor is holding Atkins and Dunlop accountable.  How is that working out?

Zimmer was able to do it here when he was DC. More than anything, players wanted to play for him, knew he knew his football so that speaks volumes to me. 

Zimmer's defenses haven't been playing that well lately.

The 2014 playoff loss to the Chargers, his defense gave up almost 200 rushing yards, including the 58 yard TD run back breaker to Ronnie Brown.

I actually would prefer Paul Guenther over Zimmer for HC.

Hell, I'd take a look at Gregg Williams too.

His days with the Jets are numbered

Just now, SmoothD said:

Zimmer's defenses haven't been playing that well lately.

The 2014 playoff loss to the Chargers, his defense gave up almost 200 rushing yards, including the 58 yard TD run back breaker to Ronnie Brown.

I actually would prefer Paul Guenther over Zimmer for HC.

Hell, I'd take a look at Gregg Williams too.

His days with the Jets are numbered

I was riding with you on Paulie G, it's time to open the books for him and give him a HC opportunity, but you lost me on the Gregg Williams take.

Williams is a hot mess, no way he gets a HC job.

27 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I was riding with you on Paulie G, it's time to open the books for him and give him a HC opportunity, but you lost me on the Gregg Williams take.

Williams is a hot mess, no way he gets a HC job.

Williams is better than what we have now .

Whoever we hire, we need old and new coaches who compliment each other.

We currently have too much inexperience and it shows.

BTW, what is Frank Pollack doing these days?

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

How is he holding Atkins accountable and accountable for what, being injured?

Damned if I know. Holding people accountable is a BS management buzz word that most often is a fancy word for blame. Or worse, used by sales managers thinking their customers are actually accountable to salespeople. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Damned if I know. Holding people accountable is a BS management buzz word that most often is a fancy word for blame. Or worse, used by sales managers thinking their customers are actually accountable to salespeople. 

I'm starting to think it's all of the coaches "picking favourites", much like Marvin did.  We know Turner is infamous for his adventure in Miami picking favourites, and we sure as hell know his favourite here (starts with a B, ends with a skid mark) is laughable as an on-field talent, so what gives?  I get it with Carlos as I've already said, he isn't performing to his contract and they probably want to give Hubbard and Kareem more of the snaps because they don't intend to keep Carlos around.  But Geno... c'mon, we have no pass rush at all, the dude has always been a monster in the middle on passing downs, often the only guy getting any kind of pressure even when double-teamed; I have to think it's off-field or in-the-locker-room issues of some kind, or potentially the coaches knowing something we don't about MB already planning to move on from Geno.

As for Zim, I would be happy to give him a shot as long as he hires the right offensive coordinator that fits with Joe.   We've seen it already, Joe is not the guy to try and "lock down" into something he's not comfortable with, they have to work with him to build something.  For that, at least, I give the current staff credit.  And regarding Zim as a DC, I liked his system and what he did here but something I always remember is that he needed "a couple pieces" on the field or his whole system broke down.  The most important thing?  DB's who see and think the game like a coach, especially at the back.  They brought back Crocker twice to "calm things down" and wouldn't you know it, it worked.  I try to see who is like Crocker in the current lineup and I hope it's Bates but I'm not sure it is.  Someone has to recognize the offense, has to recognize the likely audibles and more importantly has to be able to communicate to the rest of the DB's EXACTLY what to switch to.  Our current guys seemed confused as fuck and not agreeing with each other at all.

Archived