Everything Zac Taylor...

Here's a quote from Zac's post-game presser:

They're playing hard for each other, and it's going to turn for us I know at some point. I told them it's frustrating — you're sick to your stomach, it sucks. It's not fun to lose. But we know that this tide is going to turn for us and we're going back look back on this (someday). This is a necessary part of our growth, but we need to get some wins to show for all the work we've put in, because it makes it tough when you finish games like this.

Dude... just stop.  You've said this for your entire time here, literally since your first press conference after your first game in 2019.  If this was a real NFL team org you'd be fired just for saying the above.  The time for looking wistfully into the future is long gone.  You win now, or you GTFO.  No more talking "growth" from losses.  No more thinking it's NECESSARY.  It's the NFL, if you think losing is "necessary" then Jeezus H LEAVE!  Every fuggin team "puts the work in", the only question is whether your work is MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THEIRS.  To act like you're entitled to some wins just because you work hard is just about the most childish thing I've ever heard from a professional sports coach.  

Someone has to win, someone has to lose.  It's time for this guy to take some responsibility for being the guy that loses 83% of the time.

The Bengals might want to fire Zac and go after Bieniemy before it is too late.  Meaning, another team gets him in the off season.  I could see him wanting to come here since he played here, would want to coach up Burrow, would make our offense better and our Oline better.  Would he want to work for MFB is the ultimate question. 

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Here's a quote from Zac's post-game presser:

Dude... just stop.  You've said this for your entire time here, literally since your first press conference after your first game in 2019.  If this was a real NFL team org you'd be fired just for saying the above.  The time for looking wistfully into the future is long gone.  You win now, or you GTFO.  No more talking "growth" from losses.  No more thinking it's NECESSARY.  It's the NFL, if you think losing is "necessary" then Jeezus H LEAVE!  Every fuggin team "puts the work in", the only question is whether your work is MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THEIRS.  To act like you're entitled to some wins just because you work hard is just about the most childish thing I've ever heard from a professional sports coach.  

Someone has to win, someone has to lose.  It's time for this guy to take some responsibility for being the guy that loses 83% of the time.

"Dude...Just Stop""...

Nuff said..

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I mean, every player that goes to a different team acts like they just escaped the arena league.  That's the culture.  T-shirts, weight room murals and louder, angrier coaches aren't going to fix that.

I will admit that Marvin overstayed his welcome but the NFL kind of left with him.  

When I hear players talk about Taylor's culture as a college environment, I wonder if a lot of people know what that means...it means the coaches treat the players people who work for free while others make billions from their efforts. They don't want difference of opinion or feedback. 

Most college coaches have outsized egos and can't lead grown men, they are basically dictators. They lord over the players use the scholarship as the carrot and are very liberal with the stick. This doesn't work in the NFL, the players are making more than the coaches and they want reciepts.

46 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

The Bengals might want to fire Zac and go after Bieniemy before it is too late.  Meaning, another team gets him in the off season.  I could see him wanting to come here since he played here, would want to coach up Burrow, would make our offense better and our Oline better.  Would he want to work for MFB is the ultimate question. 

There will be too many high end HC jobs available for Bieniemy to even give us a call back.  The fact that he played here is probably a BAD thing after being in Kansas City.  This would be his last resort. 

49 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

When I hear players talk about Taylor's culture as a college environment, I wonder if a lot of people know what that means...it means the coaches treat the players people who work for free while others make billions from their efforts. They don't want difference of opinion or feedback. 

Most college coaches have outsized egos and can't lead grown men, they are basically dictators. They lord over the players use the scholarship as the carrot and are very liberal with the stick. This doesn't work in the NFL, the players are making more than the coaches and they want reciepts.

The scholarship is more like an HB-1 Visa these tech companies use to enslave Asian immigrants who come to the US.  44% of Facebook’s employees are Asians with the majority immigrants from India. If you screw up, you lose your sponsorship and go hone in shame. Same with a college scholarship. 

15 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

This was a bad hire. Surely they realize this. In Marvin's last year, the team was 4-1 before getting crushed by injuries. Somehow ZT took a 6-10 team and made them worse. Cut your losses and go after Bienemy or Brady.

29 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

This was a bad hire. Surely they realize this. In Marvin's last year, the team was 4-1 before getting crushed by injuries. Somehow ZT took a 6-10 team and made them worse. Cut your losses and go after Bienemy or Brady.

Turfing Zac Shula would mean the inbreds admitting they screwed up on the hire. That would take accountability. And I am certain they realize that IF they had to go through the process of hiring a HC again they would end up being asked the same questions again in the interviews - do you want to win? Why is the scouting staff so small? Who actually is the GM? Only lemming candidates like Zac Shula will nod and smile and actually believe they can win with the current business model. 

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

There will be too many high end HC jobs available for Bieniemy to even give us a call back.  The fact that he played here is probably a BAD thing after being in Kansas City.  This would be his last resort. 

You mean like the Jets, Lions and Jags? Really?  What high end HC job teams do you speak of? 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

You mean like the Jets, Lions and Jags? Really?  What high end HC job teams do you speak of? 

Nice post.

If you look at the team now, there are already strong pieces to work with.

On Offense:

Burrow

Mixon

Gio

Boyd

Higgins

Tate

Defense:

Bates III

WJ III (only if they let him play man 80-90% of the time, instead of zone)

Hubbard 

Lawson

We are not as bad off as it seems.

It's the coaching that's ruining this team,

We need strong complimentary players to build around what we currently have.

And a veteran QB like Jameis Winston

5 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Nice post.

If you look at the team now, there are already strong pieces to work with.

On Offense:

Burrow

Mixon

Gio

Boyd

Higgins

Tate

Defense:

Bates III

WJ III (only if they let him play man 80-90% of the time, instead of zone)

Hubbard 

Lawson

We are not as bad off as it seems.

It's the coaching that's ruining this team,

We need strong complimentary players to build around what we currently have.

And a veteran QB like Jameis Winston

That is a pretty short list of strong pieces to work with. Coaching is bad on this team but no worse than the personnel department so any coach worth his salt would want to see substantial improvements in that area otherwise it is not just an uphill battle. It is an uphill battle with two busted legs. 

Foe coaches like Bieniemy, at least he can go to the likes of the Jets or Lions and KNOW they will put the resources forward for a proper personnel department. 

When we turf Zac Shula we will get either another young guy like him or a washed up vet like McCarthy. 

Why would any reputable young coach work for this team under its present model? 

Because there are only 32 HC gigs in the NFL. And just as coaches overrate physical specimans, thinking they can get the best from the player, they overrate their ability to work around the Brown family. It requires a lot of self-confidence to hold a high profile job like NFL HC. So they come here thinking things will change. 

36 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Because there are only 32 HC gigs in the NFL. And just as coaches overrate physical specimans, thinking they can get the best from the player, they overrate their ability to work around the Brown family. It requires a lot of self-confidence to hold a high profile job like NFL HC. So they come here thinking things will change. 

There have been plenty of high profile candidates who have brushed off various teams in the past. I get that there are limited spots and they all have Type A personalities but they want the best chance to succeed as well. We got ML here because he was a minority who had been passed over many times. Maybe we would have to do the same again. Didn't Jack Del Rio not even bother interviewing for the DC job when Shula was hired? 

In public, all the owners and coaches speak well about each other but in private the real discussions occur. Up until this year I am sure the Cleveland job was seen as a gong show, not for the faint of heart (still might be). 

3 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Uhh, Falcons, Texans and possibly Bears and Eagles?   

All 4 are massive upgrades. Atlanta’s new house is awesome.  Houston WAY nicer than Cincy.  Bears and Eagles both huge following in huge cities.  

Jacksonville vs Cincy??  LOL  Detroit sucks but new owner ain’t fucking around.  Jets are garbage but still a better job than earning 6 figures with Mike Brown. 

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Uhh, Falcons, Texans and possibly Bears and Eagles?   

All 4 are massive upgrades. Atlanta’s new house is awesome.  Houston WAY nicer than Cincy.  Bears and Eagles both huge following in huge cities.  

Jacksonville vs Cincy??  LOL  Detroit sucks but new owner ain’t fucking around.  Jets are garbage but still a better job than earning 6 figures with Mike Brown. 

Besides us, only one of those teams has a legit franchise-type QB though. That carries a lot of weight, even if he did get hurt. Watson got hurt too don't forget. Also, if Jets get number one pick you can bet Lawrence goes back to Clemson regardless of which coach they hire....unless they hire Dabo of course. Which is highly unlikely. 

33 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Besides us, only one of those teams has a legit franchise-type QB though. That carries a lot of weight, even if he did get hurt. Watson got hurt too don't forget. Also, if Jets get number one pick you can bet Lawrence goes back to Clemson regardless of which coach they hire....unless they hire Dabo of course. Which is highly unlikely. 

I believe Lawrence will be drafted and sign with the Jets..

Hes not going to take a chance of injury in school..

Better to get paid 40mil by Jets..

And then get injured!

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe Lawrence will be drafted and sign with the Jets..

Hes not going to take a chance of injury in school..

Better to get paid 40mil by Jets..

And then get injured!

I don't know, I guess we'll see. He's a different kind of cat. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That is a pretty short list of strong pieces to work with. Coaching is bad on this team but no worse than the personnel department so any coach worth his salt would want to see substantial improvements in that area otherwise it is not just an uphill battle. It is an uphill battle with two busted legs. 

Foe coaches like Bieniemy, at least he can go to the likes of the Jets or Lions and KNOW they will put the resources forward for a proper personnel department. 

When we turf Zac Shula we will get either another young guy like him or a washed up vet like McCarthy. 

Why would any reputable young coach work for this team under its present model? 

Ok, I get that the front office is a gongshow, always has been, and will likely continue to  be one in the future, but acting like the Lions and the Jets FOs are somehow better or even competent is foolish.  The Lions have screwed up over and over again for  decades.  Just like the Bengals.  What makes you think the Johnsons have any idea what they are doing with the Jets.  Evidence is exactly the opposite.  Spending money doesn't mean crap.  Ask WFT fans. 

Bieniemy has been passed over many times now.  Much like Marvin was before the Brown family hired him.  I don't think he'll be picky.  Then again, he knows the Brown family and may want nothing to do with them.  Who knows. 

Having Joe Burrow is a big deal.  There are coaches that want that opportunity.  When they hired Zac the cupboard was pretty empty.  Burrow is a big piece that many potential HCs would want to have.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

You can’t seriously think any coach would chose Cincinnati over any other franchise just because they have Joe “MCL, ACL, and meniscus damage” Burrow waiting for them?

Coaches know what Cincinnati offers on a professional level, almost nothing. 

Archived