Everything Zac Taylor...

15 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Back when Marvin and Andy were treating us to playoffs 5 in a row I was miffed at the fans who moaned and groaned that we couldn't win a playoff game. I said at the time "hey, it can and has gotten a lot worse. Enjoy the winning regular season and forget the post season if you want but in those seasons at least we had 17 weeks of entertainment to enjoy. 

Try and remember that as much as this team was laughed at in the 90's for winning 2 games a year, we were laughed at in the ML years for bumbling every big game. Yes, we knew it could be worse but we were miffed at the team not trying to get better. Every fan knew Dalton and crew choked in big games and the team had many opportunities to improve the QB position and change the narrative. 

Now we have a better QB but the rest of the team is shit. 

14 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I get all that but he still gets 60% of the ticket revenue plus all the parking and all the concessions. An extra 30K fans would literally make him millions over an 8 game home schedule. Maybe tens of millions.

30K x $75/seat x 8 games x 60%= $10.8million ...and that's not including preseason, seat licenses or concessions. Surely Mike has people who can do these projections. 

https://www.thehogsty.com/2020/01/23/nfl-revenue-sharing-101/

Minor point...and I could be wrong...but I thought that Hamilton County was in charge of concessions and parking and got any profits?  No?  Mike would obviously get proceeds from gift shop, merchandise, etc.

Just now, Sea Ray said:

I'd LOVE to get back to the days of 5 playoffs in a row. I bet we'll never see that matched again in this town in our lifetimes. That'll become legendary like Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak

We don't need 5 playoffs in a row - we need a playoff WIN. that is the next step (that seems quite far away right now)

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

Minor point...and I could be wrong...but I thought that Hamilton County was in charge of concessions and parking and got any profits?  No?  Mike would obviously get proceeds from gift shop, merchandise, etc.

Corporate boxes, etc. And he could increase the ticket prices if the team was worthy of it. 

4 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I'd love to see a source on this. I don't think the county makes jack shit. I think what you heard is that the Bengals "have made concessions" to the county in recent negotiations but that doesn't mean the county makes money on those $10 Miller Lites they sell. If I'm wrong then I will have learned something on this Monday

It sure appears like the Bengals get concession revenue:

REVENUE SOURCES: Team shall also have the exclusive right, year-round, to receive all revenues from the following sources:  Advertising Rights  Broadcasting Rights  Operation of the Club Lounge, the Restaurant, and the Exclusive Leased Premises  Food and beverage concessions sold at the Stadium Complex or Parking Facilities  All novelties, publication, and other products sold at the Stadium Complex or the Parking Facilities, including year-round revenues from any gift shops or novelty stores that are a part of the Stadium Complex  Revenues from COA’s sold on or after August 1, 2000  Naming rights of the Stadium Complex  Any other revenues generated by or at or with respect to the Stadium Complex, including Private Suite and Club Seat licensing, rental and other revenues

https://law.marquette.edu/assets/sports-law/pdf/ls-nfl-cincinnati.pdf

I can't imagine Mike Brown giving this away in a future negotiation. He gets all that stuff listed above

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We don't need 5 playoffs in a row - we need a playoff WIN. that is the next step (that seems quite far away right now)

Winning a playoff game would get a huge monkey off the back of this franchise but you gotta make the playoffs first

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Back when Marvin and Andy were treating us to playoffs 5 in a row I was miffed at the fans who moaned and groaned that we couldn't win a playoff game. I said at the time "hey, it can and has gotten a lot worse. Enjoy the winning regular season and forget the post season if you want but in those seasons at least we had 17 weeks of entertainment to enjoy. 

When we lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs, I knew something shitty was going to happen. I went out to dinner that night and purposely did not get near a tv. I knew we'd lose and I knew it'd be a painful loss. Oh how right I was

Keep in mind in a normal year 37.5% of NFL teams make the playoffs.  It isn’t like finding healthy food at Skyline.  Going 30 years without a playoff win is almost mathematically impossible if all things are equal.  The problem is, all things are not equal, the Bengals front office is a train wreck.  

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Keep in mind in a normal year 37.5% of NFL teams make the playoffs.  It isn’t like finding healthy food at Skyline.  Going 30 years without a playoff win is almost mathematically impossible if all things are equal.  The problem is, all things are not equal, the Bengals front office is a train wreck.  

Mike Brown loves to 'beat the odds' !!!!

19 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

It sure appears like the Bengals get concession revenue:

https://law.marquette.edu/assets/sports-law/pdf/ls-nfl-cincinnati.pdf

I can't imagine Mike Brown giving this away in a future negotiation. He gets all that stuff listed above

The price of a Club Seat is two tiered.

"Est Price" $X

"Club Fee" $64% X

Added together.

Source... the ticket stub in my hand

The concessions are franchised out to a company called Aramart (something)

Paid for before the season starts, probably a multi year deal.

He may get a percentage but the majority goes to Aramart.

I dare say the same goes for the Pro Shop and concessions with some going back

to the NFL.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The price of a Club Seat is two tiered.

"Est Price" $X

"Club Fee" $64% X

Added together.

Source... the ticket stub in my hand

The concessions are franchised out to a company called Aramart (something)

Paid for before the season starts, probably a multi year deal.

He may get a percentage but the majority goes to Aramart.

I dare say the same goes for the Pro Shop and concessions with some going back

to the NFL.

Franchised out tells us nothing. They get the revenue minus whatever fee they pay to Aramart.  It's like saying Airbnb gets the rental money and not the landlord. 

Your club seat tells us very little. My point was that they get 60% of ticket sales. Nothing you posted above refutes that. My guess is they get a higher percentage on club fees. In fact they get concession revenue on every event at PBS, be it a high school playoff game or whatever.

Concessions alone contribute $3-5 million for each team:

Like ticket sales, concessions are peanuts compared to TV deals. Concessions contribute only about $3-5 million to the average NFL team’s revenue, but the margins on selling food at games are extremely high. Beer and soda sold at stadiums have margins of over 90%.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp#:~:text=Concessions contribute only about %243,have margins of over 90%.

MB could easily make another million in concession revenue alone if he'd sellout the stadium

Who has the coaching staff made into a better player?

Absolutely no one.

The job of the coaching staff is to take what players you have a make them into better players.

No one has become better with this staff in two years.

Him and all his staff needs to go.

I too am torn whether just a few coaches need to go or the whole ship. I'm leaning towards the whole ship but if I'm Mike Brown I consult with Joe Burrow and see what he thinks. Let's involve him and give him some say in all of this. His leadership is that important

58 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Let's involve him and give him some say in all of this. His leadership is that important

I think that's a good take. I have absolutely zero love for Taylor and think he should be fired but at the same time I'm not necessarily keen on the idea of JB having to switch offensive systems every couple of years either. That usually never works out for anyone. If they kept Taylor and shit-canned everyone else but maybe Simmons and Bicknell, I'd take it I guess. 

Archived